PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Peacekeeper SMG impressions...

Really, the thing that will make me buy the SP at this point is the Peacekeeper- I'm not exactly thrilled about Turned or any of the maps (although I must admit that Hydro does sound interesting), so please post whatever you think about it!

I'm curious to see whether it's unique or just a shiny MSMC clone.

EDIT:

Just from some random Youtube videos I found that it has:

30 round magazine, moderate rate of fire, moderate/high damage, high accuracy

How does it feel in your hands though?

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.

Last edited by Hagane; 01-29-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
It's an SMG therefore it's OP and eats cock. Real men use crossbows.
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngagedMetal7 View Post
It's an SMG therefore it's OP and eats cock. Real men use crossbows.
I don't care about things being OP or not, I'm not really a competitive player. I just want to know what kinds of numbers this thing gives. (ROF, Range, Damage, etc)

Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
I don't know....the DLC is not released yet so how the F should I already have a impression!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
I don't know....the DLC is not released yet so how the F should I already have a impression!
Can you not have an impression of something without actually trying it?

Also, why post if you don't know anything on the topic?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Can you not have an impression of something without actually trying it?

Also, why post if you don't know anything on the topic?
Uuuuuhhhhmmmm I guess? But if I didn't try it then my impression would be a little bit useless woudn't it? Maybe when I actually try it it's much different then I expected so yeah.....................pointless (same as this topic so far)

I do know something in this topic and that's that nobody cares and further I refer you to the 2nd post in this topic. Those things are facts and 1000 times better to read then impressions imo
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Uuuuuhhhhmmmm I guess? But if I didn't try it then my impression would be a little bit useless woudn't it? Maybe when I actually try it it's much different then I expected so yeah.....................pointless (same as this topic so far)

I do know something in this topic and that's that nobody cares and further I refer you to the 2nd post in this topic. Those things are facts and 1000 times better to read then impressions imo
It wouldn't be a useless impression just because you think it would be, I'm asking for feedback; not you. (Then again, judging by the quality of your previous posts... yeah, I agree with you on that. )

Right then, again- thanks for your time. Enjoy increasing your post count (or whatever it is you're doing) two useless posts at a time!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My opinion - it's going to suck. I also believe that it won't support camos or even attachments. Just my thought.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
My opinion - it's going to suck. I also believe that it won't support camos or even attachments. Just my thought.
I've seen a video where it had a sight, but then again... it was a dev team.

The "no camos" thought though... might be spot on, since they'd have to make a special tier for it. (I'd think, anyway.)

Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Harry94

Pear of Justice's Gamercard
Quote:
I've seen a video where it had a sight, but then again... it was a dev team.

The "no camos" thought though... might be spot on, since they'd have to make a special tier for it. (I'd think, anyway.)
Treyarch did a Q&A and it does have camos, to get it diamond you need all the other SMGs gold. If you don't have the SMGs gold yet though and you have the peacekeeper, getting gold on all the base SMGs is enough to get the base SMGs diamond. So it's sort of exclusive, but to get it diamond you need the others gold.

Last edited by Harry94; 01-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
Treyarch did a Q&A and it does have camos, to get it diamond you need all the other SMGs gold. If you don't have the SMGs good yet though and you have the peacekeeper, getting good on all the base SMGs is enough to get the base SMGs diamond. So it's sort of exclusive, but to get it diamond you need the others gold.
Sounds tedious x_x

What if you're trying to get the Diamond camo for base SMGs? (Would you have to get the Peacekeeper to Gold if you have access to it?)

Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Sounds tedious x_x

What if you're trying to get the Diamond camo for base SMGs? (Would you have to get the Peacekeeper to Gold if you have access to it?)
From Vonderhaar's Twitter.

Quote:
If you have Diamond SMGs, you have to level up the Peacekeeper to Gold to unlock its Diamond camo.
Quote:
You *do not* need to level up the Peacekeeper, to get Diamond on the rest of the SMGs. All will go Diamond when you get them Gold.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
How does it feel in your hands though?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Peacekeeper definitely feels more like an Assault Rifle than an SMG. New maps are garbage too except for Hydro.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 01-29-2013 at 11:34 AM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
The Carrot Cake Kid

Quote:
Sounds tedious x_x

Did you even read what you quoted? He clearly wrote it out.
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
After a few games using the Peacekeeper, it feels like a solid weapon. The description is perfect: an SMG/AR hybrid. It doesnt feel as OP as the Scorpion or the MSMC - but the few games I played with it, I did very well. Actually,first time playing Grind I got my swarm playing domination.

In relation to the Camo for the PK - You need to complete ALL the challenges to obtain diamond camo (just like any other gun)!
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
I'm sure all the whiners will get it nerfed at some point down the road cause they don't want to buy the DLC!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I can only imagine how many people are using this weapon right now.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
I'm sure all the whiners will get it nerfed at some point down the road cause they don't want to buy the DLC!
Honestly, I feel Treyarch did a good job keeping the PK pretty balanced; and it is. People who do not purchase the DLC and get killed by players using the PK will whine that it is OP; simply for the fact that they will be unable to use it.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Every time I die by it (which is every time I die in this fucking DLC cause Treyarch is dumb enough to release ONE weapon with it) it feels like I die from one shot, but when I use it, it takes at least 4. Sucks in my hands, fucking extremely good in others'. Lag maybe? Either way, it's annoying seeing the same gun over and over.

And then I heard some guy in a lobby say, "of course these noobs dropped my KD down" and I remembered I'm playing Call of Duty.

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 01-29-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
Personally I think it's a great little gun, good accuracy, good power, still not as powerful as the MSMC tho imo, but the range on it is pretty impressive for an SMG. The new maps are great too, there's always gonna be haters tho.

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
adz5000

Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySinz86 View Post
Personally I think it's a great little gun, good accuracy, good power, still not as powerful as the MSMC tho imo, but the range on it is pretty impressive for an SMG. The new maps are great too, there's always gonna be haters tho.
This post +1

This is exactly how I feel.

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Just tried it out. Feels great. When I'm done diamond-ing, I might stick with this one

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySinz86 View Post
100% agree with you. Basically, if the M27 and PDW had some nasty, disgusting, and greasy gun-sex, the Peacekeeper would be the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Every time I die by it (which is every time I die in this fucking DLC cause Treyarch is dumb enough to release ONE weapon with it) it feels like I die from one shot, but when I use it, it takes at least 4. Sucks in my hands, fucking extremely good in others'. Lag maybe? Either way, it's annoying seeing the same gun over and over.

And then I heard some guy in a lobby say, "of course these noobs dropped my KD down" and I remembered I'm playing Call of Duty.
I played 4 games this morning on the new maps, all domination. Just as anticipated, one gigantic camp fest; Hydro being the worst. The amount of headglitch spots around B are awful. Every time I was able to sneak around the map and flank them, the entire team was either 1.) Headglitching behind the large power box on the little hill or 2.) Inside the building slightly above it.

To put the icing on the cake - received hatemail from a squeaker calling me a camper because I knifed him in the back at least 7 times.....all while he was headglitching at B. To make it even sweeter, his xbox motto was : STOP CAMPING. Gave me a great LoL to start my day.

Last edited by Purple Hooter; 01-29-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I think the Peacekeeper is a pretty great gun. Good damage, accuracy's decent, recoil's manageable (provided you fire in bursts) and it looks cool to boot. If you ask me, the Peacekeeper is the main attraction in this map pack because, aside from Chaos Mode in MW3, no map pack in Call of Duty offered anything else other than mere maps.

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
From the sound of it, it seems that most people enjoy the Peacekeeper when they use it. (I'd kind of expect people without the DLC to cry that it's OP- simply because they don't have immediate access to it.)

I'm still looking around seeing if this is worth the asking price though, since I don't particularly want to buy the DLC yet! I also didn't expect much from any of the new maps except for Hydro, since it added a map hazard.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
YorkusRex

YorkusRex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
To put the icing on the cake - received hatemail from a squeaker calling me a camper because I knifed him in the back at least 7 times.....all while he was headglitching at B. To make it even sweeter, his xbox motto was : STOP CAMPING. Gave me a great LoL to start my day.
He was dead-on. I mean, there you were camping at full speed around the map using those OP camping perks like lightweight (camp faster) and extreme conditioning (camp longer) so you could camp up behind a head glitcher and snipe him at point-blank range with your sniper knife. Probably quick-scoped the knife thrust too. Grab some marshmallows next time.

Seriously, I hear screams of camper all the time but I am more of an ADD rusher/flanker who usually stops only to reload or let my screen "heal". I'm thinking "Camper? Dafuq?".

Back to OT: I'm enjoying the Peacekeeper. I'm interested to see how it handles with some if the later attachments. I'm not a fan of the iron sights. They seem a bit cluttered to me. I prefer a cleaner sight on SMGs. Looking forward to working this one to gold.

"He would have finished him off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. It's a pity I've run out of bullets, he thought, as he went back up the tunnel..."
YorkusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Weakest SMG for close range but strongest for long range.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #29
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkusRex View Post
He was dead-on. I mean, there you were camping at full speed around the map using those OP camping perks like lightweight (camp faster) and extreme conditioning (camp longer) so you could camp up behind a head glitcher and snipe him at point-blank range with your sniper knife. Probably quick-scoped the knife thrust too. Grab some marshmallows next time.

Seriously, I hear screams of camper all the time but I am more of an ADD rusher/flanker who usually stops only to reload or let my screen "heal". I'm thinking "Camper? Dafuq?".

Back to OT: I'm enjoying the Peacekeeper. I'm interested to see how it handles with some if the later attachments. I'm not a fan of the iron sights. They seem a bit cluttered to me. I prefer a cleaner sight on SMGs. Looking forward to working this one to gold.
Oh absolutely. My perks are:

Camper/Camper
Camper
Camper/Camper

I had to get my double-quickscopez 360, no look, ladder stall, cross-map, mctwist, christ air, first blood, headshot, revenge, longshot, burnslide, razorslide, lagswitching, headglitching, wall-hacking, tebowing, kapernicking, bankshot, no scope knife off.

(All performed in slow-motion during a dubstep youtube montage).

Not to mention this scrub had a 2.5 KD with a SPM of.......289

Last edited by Purple Hooter; 01-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #30
kingjames02392

TylerOFWGKTA's Gamercard
The gun is terrible.
kingjames02392 is offline   Reply With Quote