PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Advice Before I Buy

Not sure why I've taken a sudden interest in this game, but I'm going to buy the Starter Pack in a couple of days. Not Giants (yet), just this one.

So I'm going to buy the Starter Pack and with that comes the 3 stock characters - Trigger Happy, Spyro and Gill Grunt.

My main question is, if I was to buy maybe another one/two characters, who's worth buying? I may simply buy one that takes my fancy, but which character is pretty good or fun to use in the game or is it worth getting one of the Adventure Packs? Below is the selection I get from the sites I'm thinking of buying the game from.

*Personal likes
**Rare?

ShopTo Characters
Whirlwind - Drobot - Zap - Voodood* - Wrecking Ball - Dino Rang* - Hex - Double Trouble - Zook - Drill Sargent - Ignitor*

ShopTo Adventure Packs
Empire of the Ice - Dragons Peak

Amazon Characters
Bash - Cynder - Flameslinger - Camo* - Pop Fizz - Lightning Rod - Wham Shell** - Prism Break - Stealth Elf - Eruptor - Sonic Boom - Warnado - Flashwing - Chop Chop - Boomer - Legendary Trigger Happy** - Stump Smash - Dark Spyro - (Tech) Drill Sergeant

Amazon Adventure Packs
Pirate Seas - Dark Light Crypt

Amazon Triple Packs
Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sargent - Drobot/Stump Smash/Flameslinger - Chop Chop/Bash/Eruptor - Stealth Elf/Wrecking Ball/Sonic Boom - Lightning Rod/Zook/Cynder - Hex/Zap/Dinorang - Voodood/Boomer/Prism Break - Ignitor/Warnado/Camo - (Limited Edition) Bash/Chop Chop/Spyro

So yeah, a lot to choose from!

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 01-29-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
The Day After

The Day After's Gamercard
I myself have only started playing this about a week ago, but heres what I can tell you...

1) As far as which figure(s) to get, it really all depends on your play style. For example, I prefer Trigger Happy because he has ranged weapons, vs Chop Chop who is more of a close quarter combat fighter. I would recommend at least getting 1 character from each of the 8 elements. I say this because there are portals (bonus areas), in each level that require a character of a certain element to open.

2) The adventure packs are just more levels. Think of them as dlc, with no extra cheevos...

3) I would also consider looking at Ebay, it can be cheaper than amazon.

Hope that helps!

P.S. love your guides!
The Day After is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day After View Post
I myself have only started playing this about a week ago, but heres what I can tell you...

1) As far as which figure(s) to get, it really all depends on your play style. For example, I prefer Trigger Happy because he has ranged weapons, vs Chop Chop who is more of a close quarter combat fighter. I would recommend at least getting 1 character from each of the 8 elements. I say this because there are portals (bonus areas), in each level that require a character of a certain element to open.

2) The adventure packs are just more levels. Think of them as dlc, with no extra cheevos...

3) I would also consider looking at Ebay, it can be cheaper than amazon.

Hope that helps!

P.S. love your guides!
Ah ok. Well I might only get 1/2 extra for now and more at a later date to add to the collection. So I probably won't be getting on of each element but it's good to keep that in mind for the future.

I probably won't get the packs then as well. Thanks for the guides comment, glad they helped!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
mikeking74

mikeking74's Gamercard
I liked playing with flameslinger and my daughter loves drobot. we got them all maxed out but could not beat the last boss until I fully leveled Gill Grunt.
mikeking74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
D4rK AiR FoRcE

D4rK AiR FoRcE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Ah ok. Well I might only get 1/2 extra for now and more at a later date to add to the collection. So I probably won't be getting on of each element but it's good to keep that in mind for the future.

I probably won't get the packs then as well. Thanks for the guides comment, glad they helped!
My wife and I simply love this game, can be very addicting if you like to 100% your games and look through every nook and cranny to get the 3 stars.

I enjoy playing Stealth Elf and Hex, both are awesome. Wife likes Flameslinger and Gill Grunt.

I do have to say we own all original Skylanders. It was a hunt to get them all, we were very glad we didn't have to buy anyone overly expensive.
D4rK AiR FoRcE is offline   Reply With Quote