PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deadly Premonition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
XxWonderSlugXx

xxwonderslugxx's Gamercard
Seriously?

Is this game seriously good? I've seen so many people play it but I've had mixed feeling of getting it myself, although I have looked at some of the gameplay, the game itself looks underdeveloped but I could be totally surprised by the gameplay value. c: I'd like a well rounded opinion about this game.
XxWonderSlugXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #32
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxWonderSlugXx View Post
Is this game seriously good? I've seen so many people play it but I've had mixed feeling of getting it myself, although I have looked at some of the gameplay, the game itself looks underdeveloped but I could be totally surprised by the gameplay value. c: I'd like a well rounded opinion about this game.
Quite honestly, whether or not you'll like this game really boils down to what kind of games you enjoy. If you, like the OP, tend to like military shooters, then this game is not for you.

If, however, you enjoy games that are a little quirky, have unique flavor in characters and writing and are willing to work with some admittedly clunky but manageable controls, then check this game out.

The story in this game is excellent and I guarantee you will not be able to guess the ending.

At some point, I still need to finish it on normal and hard for the last 2 cheevos...
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #33
Skorpion XBA
さそり XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I thought the game was horrible. It was funny at certain points.. "Don't want to diieee". The music was odd in my opinion. Overall I never went back to play the game again to get the difficulty achievements. I just can't do it.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
Tr1pw1re360

Tr1pw1re360's Gamercard
I personally loved every second. Yeah the graphics suck and the controls are clunky but the game experience is unlike any other. The story line is intriguing, the characters are likeable and it's just incredible the different number of genres they have squeezed into one game. It's now being released on PS3 with a slight increase in graphics which is nice for them as they now get to experience the weirdness of such a brilliant game. I will say one thing though, a certain tune whistled during the game can get very annoying! Haha! Worth a rent at the least. It is quite lengthy though...
Tr1pw1re360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #35
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Garbage controls.
But there are worse games out there.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #36
Stifler4Life

Stifler4Life's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is one of those games that you either love or hate. Personally this little title became my all-time favorite game over the course of my first playthrough and I've yet to start a second one to follow it because of the large impact it had on me as a gamer and as a person.

Controls being ass aside, it's still the most wonderfully awful video game I've ever had the pleasure of playing and if you're on the fence about picking it up then just do it.

If you look past the minor issues, the game is an absolute gem. It's an emotional trainride to Hell and back and it changed my outlook on life so much, right Zach?

Stifler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #37
WOLVES R SWEET

WOLFrostBITE's Gamercard
i have to agree with you it's by far my favorite game of all time
WOLVES R SWEET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #38
FestiveCoder

Deathwarrior956's Gamercard
They're gonna be doing a re-mastered version on steam, known as the Directors cut version, enhanced graphics all that stuff.
FestiveCoder is offline   Reply With Quote