PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
SS07WHU

Shady Soldier07's Gamercard
View large image Tweet Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Limited Edition

I have a couple of concerns about this edition.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10647081.html

Quote:
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Game
  • Exclusive Action Figure: White Raiden - By Play Arts
  • Additional In-Game Content: Exclusive DLC - White Armor
My concerns:

1) Is it worth 99.99
2) I have never used Zavvi.com and would like to know if they are any good. (receiving game a early and any complications with orders.)

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. i failed with the thread title lol.

Last edited by SS07WHU; 01-25-2013 at 07:07 PM.
SS07WHU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS07WHU View Post
I have a couple of concerns about this edition.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10647081.html

My concerns:

1) Is it worth 99.99
2) I have never used Zavvi.com and would like to know if they are any good. (receiving game a early and any complications with orders.)

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. i failed with the thread title lol.
1. All depends on how much you want the figure as that is what the bulk of your money will be going towards. IMO, its not worth it, mainly because in japan you can get this version with the artbook and OST for only a little more (i think)

2. I have found that zavvi arn't too bad, things have usually arrived a day early or on the release date, only time i have had issue with them is when i have ordered something from them that no-one else has either in stock or on their site, then getting charged for it without said item being despatched, has only happened twice though and i always got the money back, just be careful if you order something thats unavailable elsewhere at the time.

Don't worry about exclusive things like this though, i got my LE MGS HD collection from them and it came a day early.

Another thing about zavvi that is good though is they do alot of discount codes, just google zavvi discount codes 2013 and you will get plenty, they do expire though.

I think at the minute they are even doing one for 10% off all preorder games, so techincally you could get this for 90.

Hope that helps.

If you send me a FR, please say where you got my tag and what games you want to boost, I don't add people randomly
Kai Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
SS07WHU

Thanks for the reply Kai, I'm the kind of person that likes to collect things and i hate this digital era we are moving to. If I buy a game i want to hold it, look at the case and read the manual, nowadays slip of paper which is ridiculous. I don't mind paying more to receive more, I do think 99.99 is overpriced and i will get this if i have the money. Its good to know that Zavvi are a decent company.

I also own MGS HD Collection but I would like to know if the Limited Edition is any good I want that art book so could you give me a brief description on it and maybe a 1-10 rating.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Kai, I'm the kind of person that likes to collect things and i hate this digital era we are moving to. If I buy a game i want to hold it, look at the case and read the manual, nowadays slip of paper which is ridiculous. I don't mind paying more to receive more, I do think 99.99 is overpriced and i will get this if i have the money. Its good to know that Zavvi are a decent company.

I also own MGS HD Collection but I would like to know if the Limited Edition is any good I want that art book so could you give me a brief description on it and maybe a 1-10 rating.

Thanks!
No worries, glad i could help

When it comes to CE/LE the thing i usually look out for (especially now) is value for money, and for me, things that make the extra price worth it are things like an artbook, soundtrack, or some sort of figure (i have master chiefs head and noble team ), and while this figure is nice, as i have seen him in a variety of poses, i think just paying for him primarily is abit much to ask.

Of course thats not saying a few bits of DLC here and there arn't a bad thing

I actually can't remember how much i paid for MGS, but, i was happy with what i got. The T-shirt was a medium i usually wear large but it doesn't look bad on me and i have even got some nods from people who arn't gamers who like the shirt. The artbook is very nice, only let down is it doesn't have the MGS1 art in, but, i think that was a ps3 exclusive in japan. The steelcase is ok, its not the best i have seen, but, it means i can keep the two game discs in separate boxes. Altogether i would give the box an 8/10 for content. I like artbooks, so if your anything like me you will want it just to have

If you send me a FR, please say where you got my tag and what games you want to boost, I don't add people randomly
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
SS07WHU

Sold! Lol well if iv got the money same with HD Collection. Thanks for the help mate.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Kai Freefall

Kai Freefall's Gamercard
Quote:
Sold! Lol well if iv got the money same with HD Collection. Thanks for the help mate.
No worries mate if you are just gonna get the bog standard version of the game, zavvi have a code for that too, its like 34/35 at the mo, use the 10% code and you will get it for like 30/31

Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Onyok

ZOMG! Been diggin' this limited edition but my posse's no longer in UK/ EU. I'd rather have this action figure over a plasma lamp which i'll be receiving at the mail morrow! Well, i was looking at getting the figure at a US online toystore, from bigbadtoystore or cornerstorecomics but they're selling a different color scheme. And the red version also sold out quickly!

Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
ll X ll

I ordered the US LE. Had doubts about it but the lamp looks bad-ass and its actually quite nice. I thought the size would be like a USB stick or something small but i'm glad that i was wrong.

It also has two modes, one for light only and one for light with electricity other then that, just turning it off.

I'll be getting the Raiden figure separately even if it's not the same model, it's still a cyborg Raiden figure where as the lamp can't be sold anywhere else except the US LE.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...82&mode=retail
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
Onyok

Haven't looked around for unboxing vids. But sure made me not regret anymore! LOL! Thanks for posting your 'unboxing', mate! I know bigbadtoystore used to have that special red version but not anymore! Well, just like you said, I might have to be happy with that colorway left for pre-order!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyok View Post
Haven't looked around for unboxing vids. But sure made me not regret anymore! LOL! Thanks for posting your 'unboxing', mate! I know bigbadtoystore used to have that special red version but not anymore! Well, just like you said, I might have to be happy with that colorway left for pre-order!
That's not my unboxing but you're welcome! glad to be of help. Also, here is a high quality pic of that thing (courtesy of GAF)

Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
ll X ll

Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
Onyok

Grrrriffic! Can't wait to get my grubby hands on mine as well! But sure hope they'd have some replacements going on cuz mine for sure would be running close to 24/7! What if down the road something breaks & needs to be replaced esp that i would leave that running for long hours! That's really badass!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #13
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
Damn I want this. I paid $150 for my collectors edition of this game but this one is better. Shit.

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 177
Xbox One 1000/1000: 12

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote