PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Soul Calibur V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Calatia

Easy Grind Method for "Wind of Battle"

I saw this posted somewhere else, but it doesn't appear to be a very well-known method.

1. Go to Quick Battle
2. Search for "Europe" and "Beginner"
3. Select the player "DiamondJoe", even if you've defeated them already
4. Select Voldo, as he has the fastest move speed
5. Throw a rubber-band on your controller so left is being held down, causing Voldo to move backwards

Since the stage has no boundaries, you can just keep walking backwards until the match ends. A majority of the time the match will end in a draw, but sometimes you will get KO'd. All you have to do is press the A button a few times every three minutes or so to initiate a rematch.
Calatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
PrinceOfThralls

Various people have posted this before, including me. Thanks anyway, I guess.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
How many hours of rubberbanding am I looking at here? I have 27,000m so far.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Mr Shabba Dabba

Mr Shabba Dabba's Gamercard
Do you know roughly how many metres you'd get through after a full game has elapsed?
Mr Shabba Dabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
baddawg12

mossfan563's Gamercard
how do you check how much distance you've moved?
baddawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Go to main menu, press X for soul link (since its basically battle records).

Sig by Setsuna

The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Delmaru

Delmaru's Gamercard
Thanks! Finally got my last achievement last night! God that took forever.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Sprites7

Sprites7's Gamercard
Thank you for the method
I'll see how long it takes to run about 70km!
Sprites7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #9
BThumme

Send a message via AIM to BThumme

FF7 Bryan's Gamercard
It's going to vary, I just checked before and after, I had 603. Of course if he gets to attacking you its around <400. But At that rate (assuming a start of 0m, not whereever you're at) is :

87,600 m / ~ 500 (since you will have more and less)
=
175.2 = 176 matches
If each match goes ~ 160 seconds (you won't go full every game)

= 2.67 minutes/match

176*2.67 = 469.92 minutes or 7.83 hours, so 7hrs and 47 mins ~.

Your mileage will vary. Again, that's starting from 0. After doing everything else I was at ~10,000 m.

ALSO.

Combine this with the lvl 99 achievement.

I received 35xp / loss.

35xp * 470 matches = 16,450 xp.

16,450 xp / 1800 xp / level = 9 levels.

So if you want to get the most bang for your buck, grind to level 90 (check out the thread I made about that) then switch to running. No need to grind lvl 90-99 when doing this will get you xp.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Good tips/math, BThumme.

This took me about three nights of watching The Office on my blu ray player and periodically hitting 'A'. Sometimes I would forget, which is why it took so long. I still think this achievement is just plain dumb, but now that I have it I can say it was pretty painless.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Delmaru

Delmaru's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Good tips/math, BThumme.

This took me about three nights of watching The Office on my blu ray player and periodically hitting 'A'. Sometimes I would forget, which is why it took so long. I still think this achievement is just plain dumb, but now that I have it I can say it was pretty painless.
Yeah, I had the game running through my capture card, and I was watching TV the entire time. I kinda fell asleep a couple times while doing it haha.

But yeah, might want to do something else while the game plays for you, this is just boring as hell.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
should put it in the guide

Currently:
PS3: Soul Calibur V casual play as α Patroklos
- Mobbing up games for 100%, platinum -
sera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
E10phoenix

darkphoenix1992's Gamercard
yeah... started this, but its gonna take way too long, and i haven't got the patience lol. Probably just trade it in for streetfighter vs tekken
Old 03-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
Cornkid

Cornkid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThumme View Post
ALSO.

Combine this with the lvl 99 achievement.

I received 35xp / loss.

35xp * 470 matches = 16,450 xp.

16,450 xp / 1800 xp / level = 9 levels.

So if you want to get the most bang for your buck, grind to level 90 (check out the thread I made about that) then switch to running. No need to grind lvl 90-99 when doing this will get you xp.
The math is off for combining with the level 99 achievement. After a few losses you stop getting 35 points per loss (I think it's around either 5 or 10 in a row it drops to 28 points).

I'm gonna have to try it with the characters listed in above posts; I've being doing it with Natsu vs. Rangi (E5 Dampierre) and having the rubber band down so they circle each other. Anything to make it faster; it's sooo boring!
Cornkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
BThumme

Send a message via AIM to BThumme

FF7 Bryan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornkid View Post
The math is off for combining with the level 99 achievement. After a few losses you stop getting 35 points per loss (I think it's around either 5 or 10 in a row it drops to 28 points).

I'm gonna have to try it with the characters listed in above posts; I've being doing it with Natsu vs. Rangi (E5 Dampierre) and having the rubber band down so they circle each other. Anything to make it faster; it's sooo boring!
Right, but when you are doing the running achievement, you're not winning the battles.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
Greedy

Something I figured out and pisses me off:
- No meter is gained in VS matches.
- No meter is gained after you win a round (no need to walk around during the 1 or 2 seconds until the replay).
- No meter is gained for every movement that is involved in an attack. No strike, no kick, no whatsoever. Only movements with the stick without any attack count.

I have about 10% of all the meters I need and played for 30 hours. Rubberband, I'm coming.
Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
I have about 10% of all the meters I need and played for 30 hours. Rubberband, I'm coming.
at the same time, its pointless to grind this achievement unless it is the last achievement left to get, since you are going to be moving while trying to get all the other ones.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I grinded out my 99 between yesterday and a few hours today. Tonight I'll start on the movement achievement, as it's my last one. Right now I'm sitting @ 32263m. *sigh* This is gonna be boring.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
Greedy

I used Voldo in Arcade Easy against Tira. Her stage is endless. I boosted for around 20 minutes doing some house cleaning meanwhile. I restarted every 2-3 minutes. Suddenly I realized that he was winning a single round once in a while. Sometimes Tira could not catch up but did a move that actually hurt herself (=> win after timeout). Some minutes later I even won a whole match by just going backwards XD

In case you are using Arcade mode to boost (to not mess up your Quick Battle Win:Lose ratio) you can quit anytime and meters are saved (although a message is saying that progress will not be saved).
Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #20
Aluminum Cook

Aluminum Cook's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
I grinded out my 99 between yesterday and a few hours today. Tonight I'll start on the movement achievement, as it's my last one. Right now I'm sitting @ 32263m. *sigh* This is gonna be boring.
Boring indeed! I'm sitting at just under 4k and am not looking forward to this. It is actually worse than "Transcend History and the World" from SCIV. I didn't think that was going to be possible.
Aluminum Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Aluminum Cook

Aluminum Cook's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum Cook View Post
Boring indeed! I'm sitting at just under 4k and am not looking forward to this. It is actually worse than "Transcend History and the World" from SCIV. I didn't think that was going to be possible.
40k... not 4k
Aluminum Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #22
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
I got this by using a rubber band. Seriously, what was Namco Bandai thinking? No way anyone except the most hardcore SoulCalibur junkies can get this achievement legitimately.
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
AliXreza

AliXrezA's Gamercard
thanks for help.
AliXreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #24
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
Goddamn it!...I'm at level 80 and only 13,700 m. Why cant they patch this stupid achievement. Probably the worst one I've seen in a long time
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
I have a wired turbo controller. I'm going to rubber band my controller and have it turbo the "A" button.

I'm renting the game, and don't expect to get more than 300G (48% completion percentage, I play for fun!), so I'm doing it for teh lulz.

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Coldgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #26
bentiancai

Legend make's Gamercard
This one is a big pain obviously, I decide to boost the meters when I am sleeping at night, at the same time I can gain EXP and level up a little bit.
bentiancai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentiancai View Post
This one is a big pain obviously, I decide to boost the meters when I am sleeping at night, at the same time I can gain EXP and level up a little bit.
This won't work if you go backwards all the time.
When I fight against Hilde (and do some housework meanwhile) I sometimes win the fight because she did not hit me during three rounds. A draw timeout gives both sides a win and a 3-3 at the end lets you progress to the next stage.
With Tira it's the same problem. She is able to hit me more often than Hilde but then there are rounds where I am winning because she it doing some self-hurting moves. So after time-out there is only one win for me.
Now I have started to move a few steps forwards in the first round and then let Voldo do his job (you can keep the rubberband and move forward with the D-pad). When you go to sleep, you will find your character fighting against the round 2 enemy the whole night (except for the first 30min maybe). Nevertheless, you will gain also meter in the round 2 stage. This is just to let you know, so don't be surprised.

I could increase the difficulty (currently 'playing' on Easy) but I don't want Voldo get beaten up.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
I suggest usig Voldo as well, but as opponent in Quick Battle, but use E4 RAVEN from Japan, his title is DESERTER, he is lower level than DiamondJoe and has shorter range. Also if you have turbo controller, just go to setting, put nothing to A button and assign block to LB, that way you can leave it over night and have the achievement in the morning!
So here is how I did it: (with turbo controller)
Go to controller settings and set A button to nothing, and Block I set to LB
1 Go to quick battle, pick Voldo
2 In search change area to Japan and opponents to Beginner
3 find E4 guy called Raven, title- DESERTER
4 activate turbo option to button A
5 tape Left Stick left and tape down button A
6 leave xbox running for 10-15 hours and you should have it
I will not lie, you will loose the round 95% of the time, but it will usually run out of time so you will get a lot of meters in and that is what counts!

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #29
apici

I'd like to know if during private matches with a friend, running fast against each other help to boost up this trophy....thanks in advance!
apici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #30
Dru Down

Dru Down's Gamercard
What a terrible achievement. I initially planned to just play through all the other achievements, and I figured that this one would just come naturally. At some point it became obvious that there was no way to get this without boosting.

I'm at lvl 78 and just over 21,000m. With this achievement in mind, I've been specifically running and moving more in my matches since about lvl 50, and my distance is still low.

This is just some boring BS. I had a blast getting the other achievements legitimately just by playing a lot for 3 weekends, and now this last task is just ruining the game for me.
Dru Down is offline   Reply With Quote