PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Judgement to come with original gears?

http://translate.google.com/translat...quicia&act=url

According to this, Judgement might come with a downloadable code for the original gears!
Awesome for people who want to relive the first game and realize how easy they've made the franchise

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
I wish this game would not be made.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
Gears has hit the point where games will be made once a year for it....
personally, I don't like it and I think every year it will just be diluted down to make people who're casual or uncomfortable with the game want to buy it.
3 was a good example

Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
ron north

I hope this is true because I sold it in 2008 cause I didn't have xbox live back then so I've never finished the game. It would be a great move from People Can Fly if they actually do this.
ron north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
smokevf

lxEPiCxBEASTxl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
Boo hoo not everyone is good at gears of war. Go play call of duty
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
brentiscoool

brentiscoool's Gamercard
Thats great imo. Maybe then more people will play gow1 so i can get all the online achievements..and....seriously -.-
brentiscoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
smokevf

Seriously in gears 1 was easy for me but it took 13,000 kills for it to unlock. 87, 000 kills all time with only 19, 000 deaths. I no lifed gears 1. That gears was the only one that took skill imo
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
brentiscoool

brentiscoool's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
Seriously in gears 1 was easy for me but it took 13,000 kills for it to unlock. 87, 000 kills all time with only 19, 000 deaths. I no lifed gears 1. That gears was the only one that took skill imo
Yes i agree but the only problem is nobody plays it online anymore and it really is the only one that took skill..play gears 3 for a week then go to gears 1..haha but its probably so people can get refresh their memory of the first one..since judgement is apparently a prequel..
brentiscoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Going back to GOW1 just make you realize how broken it feel today... I mean, i LOVED GOW1, and i kept playing it a long time after GOW2 release, i will always say in its prime GOW1 was the best game of its time. GOW2 was a disapointement compared to GOW1 back then, even after all the patches...

BUT GOW3 really corrected a lot of stuff and now i think GOW is at its best. You can dislike the Sawed-Off or/and the Retro, but mechanically speaking its the most achieve version.

We got Back on GOW1 rank for a ONE NIGHT ONLY nostalgic time me and my buddies... Damn the game got old... characters stick to wall like crazy, i remember that came at some point with a patch, we used to call it the Spider-Man walls, but after GOW3 it feel 10 time worst cause we are not used to it anymore. After that the whole Host/Lag concept is really hard to swallow now when your used to play on lag free dedicated servers, and the host was on our team so well... Also this is personal and im sure most people won't agree, but that was a bit hard to get use again of basically having a lancer that shoot peanuts... Exept at the beginning of the round to protect a power weapon, really the lancer is pretty much useless...

No really GOW1 is a great period of my time, but i rather live with the presen of GOW3 today and i hope judgment will be as good as GOW3.

And for my stats, well 50 000 Ranked kills in all modes(and i barely played Annex, not even 2000 in it) so yeah i played a shit ton of it, thats not even counting the player match wich i probably have another 10k or so...

Now on topic... WHAT AN USELESS BONUS IT IS... I mean ok ok, to be fair its pretty good for the new comer of the franchise, they can experience the game that started it all, and see how the story started. These guys will surely enjoy the campaign and all. But for old GOW fan... useless as hell... i still have my GOW1, most big fan still have it... hell i even bough it a second time because my first DVD broke... LOL, i played too much of it , it cracked. Back then there was no game on HDD lol. So well....

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 01-30-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
smokevf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentiscoool View Post
Yes i agree but the only problem is nobody plays it online anymore and it really is the only one that took skill..play gears 3 for a week then go to gears 1..haha but its probably so people can get refresh their memory of the first one..since judgement is apparently a prequel..
Or you get a room with full people and play intill the 4-6th round then they quit out of the game. Happened to me all the time
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
ron north

I hope that the fact of having Gears 1 for free with Judgment will convince a lot of people to replay it and at the same time will bring back the community online again.
ron north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #12
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Edit never mind I'm probably wrong.

I think this is the pc version not 360.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
Boo hoo not everyone is good at gears of war. Go play call of duty
HAHAHAHA! Elitist douchebag. Gears doesn't require skill. Not since 1 and 2. Troll off kiddo.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #14
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
Im actually pretty good at Gears and hate COD.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
HAHAHAHA! Elitist douchebag. Gears doesn't require skill. Not since 1 and 2. Troll off kiddo.
Gow2 requiring skills? All it required was the special magic something called HOST with a bad connection... and then you could destroy everything. GOW2 is just a sad period in the GOW timeline we should forget.

GOW1 was also plagued by the host, but i always was willing to pardon it because it was there first game and the matchmaking system was better done in term you didn't had to play on a shitty host on a shitty map if you didn't want to, unlike GOW2.

But GOW3, you can say all you want, you can like or dislike the guns and all, but its overall the best GOW all around, the fact that there is no host, the characters movement are so much more fluids...

I tried to go back on GOW1, and even if i always say this was an awesome moment of my gaming life, god it aged BADLY, the character stuck to every damn wall nearby, its hard to manuver compare to GOW3, and the shotgun is sometimes so random and whatever due to lag and host.

Gears of War Legend
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Gow2 requiring skills? All it required was the special magic something called HOST with a bad connection... and then you could destroy everything. GOW2 is just a sad period in the GOW timeline we should forget.

GOW1 was also plagued by the host, but i always was willing to pardon it because it was there first game and the matchmaking system was better done in term you didn't had to play on a shitty host on a shitty map if you didn't want to, unlike GOW2.

But GOW3, you can say all you want, you can like or dislike the guns and all, but its overall the best GOW all around, the fact that there is no host, the characters movement are so much more fluids...

I tried to go back on GOW1, and even if i always say this was an awesome moment of my gaming life, god it aged BADLY, the character stuck to every damn wall nearby, its hard to manuver compare to GOW3, and the shotgun is sometimes so random and whatever due to lag and host.
There was DEFINITELY host advantage in GoW3. I'd say every one of ten games I played actually ended up on a dedicated server.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
bedda2590

BCFC Big Bedda's Gamercard
i love the gears of war series...one a year would ruin it...maybe one every 2 years...maybe next see the pendulum wars with marcus and dom...its a big universe i just hope they dont screw it up like call of duty series
bedda2590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #18
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
More than COD though

Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
There was DEFINITELY host advantage in GoW3. I'd say every one of ten games I played actually ended up on a dedicated server.
Thats in your head man, im sorry to say it but the game only used host OCASIONALLY if the servers where down. Lately i have been playing a bit on host but its normal, the life spawn of the game is running out with Judgment coming up, i would not be surprised if they transpher the servers and its maybe a reason we saw a bit more host lately(and yet its not that much... )

But couple months ago i can assure you every rank games was on servers, and 99.8% of the player matches where also on servers. Now it depend if your in a foreign country or not, maybe its different, but here on the east cost, servers all the way.

Its easy to spot a host... it close or migrate the game when they leave... and me and my friends always make people leave after 2 or 3 games, they know they get no chance(player matches is extremely easy compare to rank) and the room remain the same exactly like it was before, new people enter and so on, and we where not "host" because we entered and people where already playing.

Gears of War Legend
Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Thats in your head man, im sorry to say it but the game only used host OCASIONALLY if the servers where down. Lately i have been playing a bit on host but its normal, the life spawn of the game is running out with Judgment coming up, i would not be surprised if they transpher the servers and its maybe a reason we saw a bit more host lately(and yet its not that much... )

But couple months ago i can assure you every rank games was on servers, and 99.8% of the player matches where also on servers. Now it depend if your in a foreign country or not, maybe its different, but here on the east cost, servers all the way.

Its easy to spot a host... it close or migrate the game when they leave... and me and my friends always make people leave after 2 or 3 games, they know they get no chance(player matches is extremely easy compare to rank) and the room remain the same exactly like it was before, new people enter and so on, and we where not "host" because we entered and people where already playing.
And I can assure you months ago when I was still playing online, I saw host advantage way too often. There was drop in, drop out play even without dedicated servers.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #21
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
And I can assure you months ago when I was still playing online, I saw host advantage way too often. There was drop in, drop out play even without dedicated servers.
This is exactly what i was saying, if there drop in, drop out and you and your team end up being the only one left in the game when there was already people playing before you when you enter, and no migration was made, that mean it was dedicated servers.

You are probably saying there was host because a guy sponged or stuff like that... sorry to inform you but GOW always had a randomness factor about it... even on GOW1 as host sometimes i would point blank blast a dude with my shotty in the back while he aim with the sniper, only to see him turn around and bash me... The Gnasher always got a mind of his own, and ever will...

Gears of War Legend
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #22
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
This is exactly what i was saying, if there drop in, drop out and you and your team end up being the only one left in the game when there was already people playing before you when you enter, and no migration was made, that mean it was dedicated servers.

You are probably saying there was host because a guy sponged or stuff like that... sorry to inform you but GOW always had a randomness factor about it... even on GOW1 as host sometimes i would point blank blast a dude with my shotty in the back while he aim with the sniper, only to see him turn around and bash me... The Gnasher always got a mind of his own, and ever will...
Christ, you are not listening to me. EPIC made it so drop in, drop out was available for matches EVEN IF A PERSON WAS HOSTING and not running a dedicated server. Hence, host migration. Dedicated servers don't have host migration.

After playing Gears 2, I can very easily tell the difference between hosted matches and dedicated servers.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

YES, thats why im trying to tell you for the past 4 messages... i BARELY HAD ANY HOST MIGRATION AT ALL and i played hundreds of hours of GOW3...

Unless you didn't bough the maps, wich SPECIFICALLY tell you right away you won't play on dedicated servers, it was the servers all the time.

I think in my 1 year and a half of playing GOW3, i had host migration maybe less than 10 times... and 2 of those where recently, like i said, i think they are preparing the servers for judgement...

If there is a host, there is host migration... or game closing..

Gears of War Legend
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
YES, thats why im trying to tell you for the past 4 messages... i BARELY HAD ANY HOST MIGRATION AT ALL and i played hundreds of hours of GOW3...

Unless you didn't bough the maps, wich SPECIFICALLY tell you right away you won't play on dedicated servers, it was the servers all the time.

I think in my 1 year and a half of playing GOW3, i had host migration maybe less than 10 times... and 2 of those where recently, like i said, i think they are preparing the servers for judgement...

If there is a host, there is host migration... or game closing..
I had it frequently enough that it was noticeable. Either that or it was obvious there was host advantage and I was not playing on a dedicated server. That is what I am getting at. You might've played on dedicated servers all the time, but I didn't.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
I had it frequently enough that it was noticeable. Either that or it was obvious there was host advantage and I was not playing on a dedicated server. That is what I am getting at. You might've played on dedicated servers all the time, but I didn't.
Then i don't understand why... cause your from new york... not some random across the globe country... Epic said on the north american servers, 88% of the people would have no problem conecting... maybe ur just part of the remaining 12%. Unlucky for you, but your part of a small minority.

Gears of War Legend