Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
shootermcgavin2

Sh00t3rmcgavin2's Gamercard
R&D achievements explained

I have noticed a few people asking about these so here is what I did to get them.

You must be number 1 driver

During the season you can see at the top of the main hub which races will involve r&d. What I did was to change settings to a long weekend on theses races. I then completed the r&d challenge and the race and switched back to one shot quali etc.

You will recieve emails as you go through the season, and you will be asked what path you wish to take with r&d, just change the path from what you currently have it set on, the cheev will pop after the next time you drive the car, so dont panic when it doesnt pop straight away.

To end the r&d for the season, you will recieve an email at Singapore asking you if you want to end r&d for the season to concentrate on next years car, just accept, and again next time you drive the car the cheev will pop.

I know its basic info but I hope it helps someone.
shootermcgavin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
mumby 182

mumby 182's Gamercard
so which race are the r&d ones please?
mumby 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
cooshti

cooshti's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumby 182 View Post
so which race are the r&d ones please?
When in your career main hub, look at the race calendar at the top of the screen, and you'll see some venues have icons above. The cog is what you're looking for as this signifies a test. Make sure you have the difficulty set to long race weekend as you'll need the practice session to do the test.

Thanks shootermcgavin2 for the End R&D Test info ... wasn't sure when that would appear
cooshti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks man, was wandering about that and when the achievement would pop.

Does anybody know when you can become the first driver so we can get the option to change the R&D? I´m currently leading the standings (both Personal and Team) at my first season after Monaco and Paul (my Force India Teammate) has only 2 miserable points...

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
someoneinsane

someoneinsane's Gamercard
I agree. I have no idea HOW to become the 1st driver on the silly team.(i'm going Force India too)
F1 2012 Co-op
Rage
L4D2
Forza 4
HMU anytime
someoneinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Mahtan Tinuviél

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinsane View Post
I agree. I have no idea HOW to become the 1st driver on the silly team.(i'm going Force India too)
I´m guessing you either become a first driver when you move teams or towards the end of the season...

But it´s kinda dumb on the game engine that I´m at first place on the championship with at least 100 points advantage and still I´m not the first driver...

Latest Milestone:
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Discofrog

Discofrog's Gamercard
When you sign a contract it'll tell you if you'll be the 1st or 2nd driver for that team.

As for getting it during the season, I think you just have to better then your team mate (obviously) and wait/hope that when you get the team review you improve your status. Nothing happened in my first season, and I won every race/pole. I did manage to become equal partners by out preforming my team mate in my second season, but then switched teams.. Ended up getting 1st driver for my third season by signing with a different team.

Team review is at the tenth race(at least mine is for my third season).
In the main hub, check the track info (by pressing X) on races that have the white circle with the exclamation point in them. I currently have two, on signaling the start of the team mate challenge at the first race of the season, and one for the review at the tenth race of the season. Not sure if it's always the same, or if there are more chances for reviews during the season, as I didn't really pay attention to them..
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Mahtan Tinuviél

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofrog View Post
When you sign a contract it'll tell you if you'll be the 1st or 2nd driver for that team.

As for getting it during the season, I think you just have to better then your team mate (obviously) and wait/hope that when you get the team review you improve your status. Nothing happened in my first season, and I won every race/pole. I did manage to become equal partners by out preforming my team mate in my second season, but then switched teams.. Ended up getting 1st driver for my third season by signing with a different team.

Team review is at the tenth race(at least mine is for my third season).
In the main hub, check the track info (by pressing X) on races that have the white circle with the exclamation point in them. I currently have two, on signaling the start of the team mate challenge at the first race of the season, and one for the review at the tenth race of the season. Not sure if it's always the same, or if there are more chances for reviews during the season, as I didn't really pay attention to them..
Thanks man, I saw the Icon you refered to.
Let´s just hope that I can get this on my first season but by what you tell it is quite complicated.

Latest Milestone:
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
CraigP7899

xTreMee Skillzz's Gamercard
Thanks for this, I was worried about approaching these achievements because people seem to be having a lot of problems with them, but this will help !

As for Driver Number 1, I just made it simple and switched to HRT for season 2 from Force India just to make sure I'm the 1st Driver !

Achieved:
20,000G - 27/01/2013 - F1 2012 (Drivers' World Champion 50G)
30,000G -

Currently Working on:
Championship Manager 2007.

Website To Follow My Progress:
currently unavailable.

CraigP7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Benjaminjaninja

Redfiretruck12's Gamercard
'I'm curious to know if anyone's stayed more than a season at one of the crap teams. They don't have KERS, but I wondered if they eventually get it through upgrades.

If not it would be a big handicap, even if you were with them for 5 seasons and did every R&D going, No way I'm sticking around to find out!'

I answered my own question - at the beginning of season 2 my Marussia now has KERS

Last edited by Benjaminjaninja; 08-16-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Found out answer myself
Benjaminjaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Purple Wedge

Purple Wedge's Gamercard
i actually find it more fun trying to compete with the better cars using say a caterham than i do using a mclaren
Purple Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote