PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
TXClark

txrickc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Stunt Jump question, do they auto save??

I just did the Stunt Jump that requires a bike, and you go up on top of the police station (auto 4-Star wanted level) and jump off, I made the jump and and said it was cleared, then I jumped the lower ramp to get on to the freeway but was a little short and fell pretty far down into the water. Police boat came and killed me, so did the jump register or will I have to redo it?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It's been a while, but I don't think it does.

Just to be safe, I'd recommend saving often anyway.

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
TXClark

txrickc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I try to hit up the safehouse after a couple jumps to save the game. After I had died in my original post, I walked out of the hospital and went straight to the safehouse and saved.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Where the hell can I find an NRG =(

I only see 10 million dirt bikes every where. I've been driving forever in a Turismo and see plenty of them too, but I really need the speed bike for this stunt jump I've done a ton of times with cars with no luck.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #5
TXClark

txrickc's Gamercard

sorry about the map quality, was a quick goggle search. "Player" is location of Westdyke Autos which has 6-7 sport biles always in stock.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 AM   #6
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Awesome thanks, I actually found an NRG like 1 minute after posting but...and then died within 20 seconds =P
Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #7
TXClark

txrickc's Gamercard

well it looks like they do auto save, I wrapped up the Dare Devil achievement this evening and didn't need to redo the police station jump.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
bloodelf007

Send a message via MSN to bloodelf007

Bloodelf007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunyun View Post
Where the hell can I find an NRG =(

I only see 10 million dirt bikes every where. I've been driving forever in a Turismo and see plenty of them too, but I really need the speed bike for this stunt jump I've done a ton of times with cars with no luck.
You could just cheat. The car and bike cheats don't block achievements.
Check my tag, I have Dare Devil and I've used cheats for every single jump :P

^^Click the amazing USMC pic!^^
bloodelf007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
secrett

LEGDROP OF DOOM's Gamercard
no they dont auto save as i found out.i had to redo 20 of them.its best to save after youve done a couple
secrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #10
Immortal Glory

Immortal Glory's Gamercard
Nope. You need to save every 5 jumps.
Immortal Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:55 AM   #11
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
I've been trying #17 (#9 on GameRadar) forever now, will definitely save as soon as I get it.

Has anyone got that remember how they did it? In the video the guy lands a car in the grass in between the 2 roads, which I've done with a bike at least 3 times and didn't get it, with a car I always hit a tree before getting in the grass, and I definitely am not getting it by jumping short on the first road and I've never made it to the far road. I guess you're supposed to land a on without hitting a tree in the grass? Fudge.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Immortal Glory

Immortal Glory's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunyun View Post
I've been trying #17 (#9 on GameRadar) forever now, will definitely save as soon as I get it.

Has anyone got that remember how they did it? In the video the guy lands a car in the grass in between the 2 roads, which I've done with a bike at least 3 times and didn't get it, with a car I always hit a tree before getting in the grass, and I definitely am not getting it by jumping short on the first road and I've never made it to the far road. I guess you're supposed to land a on without hitting a tree in the grass? Fudge.
Get a better bike such as a NRG 900 or a PCJ 600. You have to land safely on the ground. Because you can't change a car in midair, you'll need to have a bike for all jumps.
Immortal Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Glory View Post
Get a better bike such as a NRG 900 or a PCJ 600. You have to land safely on the ground. Because you can't change a car in midair, you'll need to have a bike for all jumps.
I actually got it today on first try, and I hit the dirt jump instead of the dumpster and didn't get a good landing at all! =) So you just gotta hit the dirt jump (left of dumpster) not the dumpster which is right next to each other.

Down to one left and its next to #49 which doesn't make sense because it doesn't show up on the map and I found it by accident. Its on the other side of the ramp going off the bridge again.

To get the jump to trigger you have to cross over from the other lane and kind of hit it straight on...its weird that it doesn't show up on the maps though I wonder if its a 51st jump that doesn't count, is impossible to get.

edit: I'm an idiot its #50 =\ I just gotta hit it at the right angle with a fast enough ride I guess

Last edited by spunyun; 05-18-2009 at 11:55 PM.
spunyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
ThENeEd4WeEd22

ThENeEd4WeEd22's Gamercard
They dont autosave i was at number 20 did the rest of them, whic is fucking 30!!! And i lost power and when i turned the xbox back on again all 30 jumps were GONE!!!! Im at 95% i just need to do these fucking jumps and find the fucking birds but after this its like WTF!!!! It took me well over 2 fucking hours to get those 30 jumps and for fucking NOTHING!!! I legit freaked out and broke shit i was so fucking mad im talking full 100% waste of 2 fucking hours 100% wasted for NOTHING.
ThENeEd4WeEd22 is offline   Reply With Quote