Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
jameshallsworth

SaneOpossum59's Gamercard
Sword??

When you start a new game and you watch the opening cutscene you see a awesome looking sword just before you see the dude throwing the lightning bolts. Does anyone know what this sword is called ?
jameshallsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Silver Knight Sword

It only looks cool. The requirements are high, weight is quite high and the damage scale is laughable. I have NEVER seen anyone use it.

Dark Souls logic, the crappier it looks, the better it is :P
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
Silver Knight Sword

It only looks cool. The requirements are high, weight is quite high and the damage scale is laughable. I have NEVER seen anyone use it.

Dark Souls logic, the crappier it looks, the better it is :P
Quoted for truth. Regular titanite (including blue, white, red) equipment will almost always beat out other types of titanite (twinkling, demon) equipment in the long run

Comparatively, with my stats (bare minimum reqs for most weapons), a maxed Silver Knight Straight Sword gets beat by even a maxed regular Longsword - with less weight to boot. The only reason you would want to carry around the Silver Knight sword instead is if you don't have access to a titanite slab for the Longsword, or prefer its strong-handed reach - which, even then, isn't noteworthy compared to the Longsword's thrust damage capability.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 01-29-2013 at 11:56 PM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Unrelated, but funny.

Here's a way to use the Twinkling titanite gear to some degree of fun

Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
skyodyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhp View Post
Quoted for truth. Regular titanite (including blue, white, red) equipment will almost always beat out other types of titanite (twinkling, demon) equipment in the long run

Comparatively, with my stats (bare minimum reqs for most weapons), a maxed Silver Knight Straight Sword gets beat by even a maxed regular Longsword - with less weight to boot. The only reason you would want to carry around the Silver Knight sword instead is if you don't have access to a titanite slab for the Longsword, or prefer its strong-handed reach - which, even then, isn't noteworthy compared to the Longsword's thrust damage capability.
lol, so far I only use silver knight sword, by far the best weapon for speed and damage. But I have never had a slab yet. So +15 is that much better than +14?

As to the video, I thought there was a homing device for the invaders? I've never tried to invade as my character gets owned on invasions so I don't bother. Do you loose your humanity and souls if you fail an invasion?

Last edited by skyodyssey; 01-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.
skyodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 AM   #6
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyodyssey View Post
lol, so far I only use silver knight sword, by far the best weapon for speed and damage. But I have never had a slab yet. So +15 is that much better than +14?
Weapons that are large have a significantly higher damage bonus when upgraded to +15 while small weapons (such as daggers) have a minimal increase. However, it is definitely recommended to upgrade your best weapons to the highest it can be, as it may be the difference between a win and a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyodyssey
As to the video, I thought there was a homing device for the invaders? I've never tried to invade as my character gets owned on invasions so I don't bother. Do you loose your humanity and souls if you fail an invasion?
You can only see where your target is located at when he/she gets damaged. The health bar appears above their head so you can identify where he/she is.

As for losing your stuff, I don't think you do. I invaded a world via Blue Eye Orb and decided to jump off a cliff (because I couldn't find my target in Lost Izalith) and I kept all of my humanity and souls. However, you do respawn back at the last bonfire you rested at.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

If you die when you invade via the Red Eye or Cracked Eye Orb, you die, but you remain in human form. You lose all your souls and humanity, but you can pick them up in the spot that you stood right before invading the other person's world. Just like dying in general.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyodyssey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Weapons that are large have a significantly higher damage bonus when upgraded to +15 while small weapons (such as daggers) have a minimal increase. However, it is definitely recommended to upgrade your best weapons to the highest it can be, as it may be the difference between a win and a loss.
Upon further note, it's worth mentioning that not all twinkling/ demon titanite equipment ill compare to regular titanite. It's a matter of taste and personal skill. I prefer boss soul weapons (demon) for their differing movesets and use a maxed normal longsword as backup for its versatility. At the same time, specific twinkling weapons (like the Crescent Axe) get very special treatment.

Such got me through two playthroughs so far, what with having a weapon for almost any situation with my stats - albeit with a small sacrifice in total damage output.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote