PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Microsoft Taptiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide (Work in progress)

Achievement Guide to Microsoft Taptiles (Windows 8)

=============
ACHIEVEMENTS
=============

Consistency 10G
Earn 3 special tiles in one game.
You get special gems for doing fast Speed Chains. Special gems are tiles that spawn into the game and you will recognize them from being different colored than the others. You need to connect the 2 special gems that appear in the game to collect the bonus. The special gems give bonuses such as additional seconds to the game clock, remove all tiles of one kind from the field, turn all of the tiles into the same color so you can go on clicking-spree and click on everything and they will match and so on.

Getting 3 special tiles isn't hard at all if you just play the Dash mode.

Nimble 10G
Achieve a Speed Bonus chain of 30.
Refer to "Supersonic" for more details.

Milestone 10G
Complete the Foundation pack.
The description actually suggests you need to complete the whole Foundation pack which includes three different packs of games. Each having 8 different levels to play. But I got this achievement by only completing the very first level of the Foundation pack. It requires you to complete 5 sets of tiles in 7 minutes. Not very hard.

Back-to-Back 10G
Achieve a 2-pair Multi-Match chain in Origins mode.
You need to have 4 of the same tile and then remove both pairs consecutively to get a 2-pair Multi-Match chain and to get this achievement.

Lightning Match 15G
Clear 5 different pairs of tiles in 2 seconds or less.
This is easiest done in Relaxation mode even though it won't be done easily. Your best bet is to play Relaxation until you get a very easy and simple looking board. Then just try to visualize what you are about to do and connect the tiles as fast as you ever can. If you still don't get it on the first try, just keep trying. It will come eventually.

Time Tile Tiger 10G
Earn 10 seconds by matching a Time Tile.
This is mostly luck based. Time Tiles spawn in the game every once in a while as a bonus of getting 15 matches. When the Time Tile spawns it has 10 seconds and it starts to count down. You need to click it the first second when it spawns. It is doable but can be really frustrating. Can be done with mouse.

Gemologist 10G
Clear 3 puzzles in one Gem Mode game.
A Gem mode game is when you play Dash mode and all the tiles turn green. While in Gem mode you can match tiles any way you want since they are all identical.

Your best bet to start with is when you get the gem tiles from the speed bonus, don't use them instantly. Wait until there's only 1 more pair in addition to the green gems left and then combine the gems and you only have one pair in your first green gem puzzle. After that you still need to complete 2 more puzzles when still in the same gem mode.
It's really difficult with mouse, but when you start your second game and get your first speed bonus tiles, if they are Wild tiles, leave them as your last pieces and when the 3rd puzzle opens, combine the Wild tiles to clear the 3rd puzzle instantly.

You need some luck to get the Wild tiles when in Green gem mode. Also if you don't get the Green gems as your first bonus tiles, just restart the game since the puzzles will start to go harder in time.

Gems Gone Wild 10G
Clear Gem Mode tiles with a Wild Tile.

Supersonic 10G
Achieve a Speed Bonus Chain of 150.
Speed Bonus chain is like a combo. It keeps going bigger and bigger until you fail to connect two pairs in 2 seconds. You need a Speed bonus of 30 for "Nimble" achievement and 150 for "Supersonic". Speed chain of 30 isn't very hard to obtain even though it may seem hard when you start playing the game. You should get the hang of the game easily and if you have good reflexes it isn't gonna be a problem.

Speed Chain of 150 though is a lot harder. Best mode for trying this is Color Charge daily challenge Only thing which is hard are the green and light green tiles because sometimes you mix them up (Thanks to for this!).

High Five 10G
Get 5:00 on the clock in Dash Mode.
I haven't seen or heard of anyone who would ave done this with a mouse. You mostly need a touch screen to be able to achieve this one. Here's some general info:

- You start with 1:00 on the clock but if you watch the video you get 0:30 extra
- Every time ou complete a puzzle you get 0:15
- Every time you get a speed bonus that is divided by 15 (15, 30, 45 etc.) you get special tiles which help to clear the puzzle
- Time Tiles are one kind of special tiles that appear randomly when you get the speed chain mentioned above. Time tiles give you up to 0:10 to the clock if you are quick enough

In other words you need to complete a puzzle in 15 seconds if you want to even try reaching 5:00.

Forced Perspective 10G
Complete an Origins pack without rotating.
Start an Origins pack game and just don't rotate the board at all and complete the game. Sometimes there might be pairs that are not visible from your current view. If that happens to you, just restart the game and try again.

Astro Logical 10G
Earn 24 stars in Origins mode.
Any 24 stars from Origins mode will do. You can mix the packs, no need to do in one pack only (Thanks to KalscensioN for the tip!)

Success 10G
Win your first Daily Challenge.
From the main menu go to "Daily Challenge" and win one challenge. There are 3 different Daily Challenges for each day. You can choose to play previous Daily Challenges as well from the calendar.

A few examples of the Daily Challenges:

- Pass 9 games in under 4:30
- Get a Speed Chain of 75
- Remove all of the tiles before they reach the top

You can retry as many times as you want.

Challenger 10G
Play the Daily Challenge 5 days in a row.
Just like the description says. On 5 different weekdays go to Daily Challenge and play a challenge. No need to win.

It seems you have to completely exit the daily challenge screen each day and then exit the game for the day to count. (Thanks to KalscensioN for the tip!)

Marathon 10G
Win one Daily Challenge every day over the course of one month.
For this you need to win at least one daily challenge every day for 30 days period. It won't count if you play earlier daily challenges from the calendar, you NEED to play the game in 30 consecutive days and win at least one daily challenge each day.

Came to Play 5G
Play your first Daily Challenge.
From the main menu go to "Daily Challenge" and just play one game. No need to win it.

Go for the Bronze 10G
Win 12 bronze Daily Challenge badges.
You win Coins for every Daily Challenge you complete. The Bronze, Silver and Gold badges require you to have enough coins. For completing all 3 of one days challenges, you get bonus 150 coins.

Bronze badge requires 2,000 coins monthly.
Silver Badge requires 6,000 coins monthly.
Gold Badge requires 10,000 coins monthly.

So you can get max. 1 of each badge per month. That means if you get gold badge each month, you get Go For Gold achievement after 8 months, Go For Silver achievement after 10 months and Go For Bronze after a full year (12 months). You can track your current coins and badges of the month from the bottom of the screen when in Daily Challenge menu. It looks like this:

Thanks to TSKSF for tips on this and for the picture.

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 01-15-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Go for the Silver 10G
Win 10 silver Daily Challenge badges.
See "Go for Bronze" for more details.

Go for the Gold 10G
Win 8 gold Daily Challenge badges.
See "Go for Bronze" for more details.

Tranquility 10G
Clear 100 puzzles in Relaxation Mode.
Start Relaxation Mode and relax with no time limit on your back. You can use all the time in the world to find pairs and match them out. Some boards are easy and some are a little trickier but there's nothing to worry about. Clearing 100 puzzles will take some time but you don't have to do it in one go. You can come back whenever you want and complete it.

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 12-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Here's a bit to help you along with the guide.

A few of these are going to be really hard using a mouse such as Gemologist and High Five. Some of the daily challenges are near impossible with a mouse as well. I can go as fast as I wanted but the mere movement of my mouse (Logitech G500 with sensitivity maxed) wastes enough time for me to fail.

Challenger unlocked late for me. It took me 8 days in a row. Unsure why. Make sure everyday you completely exit the game dont leave it in the daily challenge menu. I think that might have messed my days up as the next day I came back and it was still on the previous day. Didnt think anything of it til the achievement didnt unlock when it should have.

I noticed when I first started playing the game a month ago I could select all the past months for daily challenges but now I cant. Not sure where the option went.

The best mode IMO to get the 150 chain is the Color Charge daily challenge. Its really easy to find matches. Only thing that throws me off are the green and light green. I did an entire daily challenge without breaking my chain.

Astro Logical can be any 24 stars. Doesnt even have to be in the same pack. I have 13 in the first and 11 in the second and it unlocked.

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Thanks mate! I added the tips to the guide. It seems those badges will take a long time and dedication to achieve.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
TSKSF

TSKSF's Gamercard
Gemologist

How Gemologist is to be done? Please someone provide an example...

Thanks
TSKSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
TSKSF

TSKSF's Gamercard
Go for the Bronze etc...

"Need confirmation on the amount of coins needed for each."

For the gold badge, the score to achieve is 10000. For the other badges, I cannot provide information, since it just displays that I earned them...

I got the gold badge in 25 days with a mouse, so it's actually doable...
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
TSKSF

TSKSF's Gamercard
After using a grid over a screenshot, here are amounts for the three badges :

BRONZE: 2000 coins
SILVER: 6000 coins
GOLD: 10000 coins

Last edited by TSKSF; 11-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Thanks, TSKSF. I've added the picture you provided and the amount of coins needed for badges to the guide.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #9
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
For the Milestone achievement - I think there was only one Foundation game in the pre-release version of Taptiles (that was one of the initial achievements available), so completing the pack meant completing the one they had available. That single Foundation pack got pushed to the first pack in the first grouping, which is why your achievement unlocked early.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zszaiss View Post
For the Milestone achievement - I think there was only one Foundation game in the pre-release version of Taptiles (that was one of the initial achievements available), so completing the pack meant completing the one they had available. That single Foundation pack got pushed to the first pack in the first grouping, which is why your achievement unlocked early.
I'm not quite sure I follow what you're trying to say Now when I'm looking at the Foundation menu:

I think the achievement requires you to only complete one of the numbers (1-8). Sorry the picture is in Finnish but you should get the point.

Just like for Forced Perspective the description says "Complete an Origins pack", it means only one of the numbered packs as shown in the picture.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
Any suggestions for High Five? I have played it several hundred times and the best I have managed was about 3:30. I have all the other achievements but the date based ones and am semi decent at the game but 5:00 seems undoable unless I am missing something.
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Any suggestions for High Five? I have played it several hundred times and the best I have managed was about 3:30. I have all the other achievements but the date based ones and am semi decent at the game but 5:00 seems undoable unless I am missing something.
I'm afraid it is not possible with mouse. I read over at Trueachievements that one guy got the High five by using 2 fingers from both hands and going like crazy at the screen. The key is to be in Gem mode (all tiles are green) and clear the puzzles as fast as possible.

Some other guy suggested that if it takes more than 15 seconds from you to clear a puzzle, it is not possible to get 5:00 to the clock.

In my honest opinion this is as stupid as some achievements for retail Xbox 360 games that require you to have Kinect to get full 100%.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
MathGuy42

mathguy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think for High Five you will have to use a touch screen (as has been said), and also get very lucky to keep getting Gem Tiles. This morning I had my best game yet, making my way to about 4:05. I thought I might make it. Then I suddenly hit a wall, getting hard puzzles and few gem tiles. I slowly trickled down to 0.

It may have already been mentioned here, but after 25 puzzles, your bonus for finishing a level goes down to 10 seconds and the puzzles get much harder. Gem tiles are your only hope then.

Maybe the only way to really get this is to be lucky enough to get almost all gem tiles for your bonuses. With a touch screen, a gem screen can be done in less than 5 seconds, I think. If you can make a net addition of 10 seconds 21 times, you'll get from 1.5 minutes to 5 minutes. That's a lot of luck to get that many gem tiles though.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
darkenednight

Send a message via Skype™ to darkenednight

Darkened Night's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Gold   Over Achiever - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
I've been running into a problem with receiving the bonus 150 coins after successful completion of all three daily challenges. Thankfully I received the bonus enough to reach the gold medal for this month, but I have no wiggle room as it has been roughly a week since I received my 150 coin bonus.

Is anyone else having this problem? The easiest way to tell is to pay attention the second to last digit. If you receive 300 each day, plus 150 for the bonus, the second to last digit should alternate between a 5 and a 0. However, mine has stayed at 50 for the past week.

It does appear that the slider at the bottom, the one that shows your progress towards gold, does in fact move a second time. The coins however, do not appear to be affected by this bonus.

darkenednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The only problem I have ran into is my daily challenges re-setting, on more than one occasion. Really frustrating having 2 weeks of work going down the pan for no reason.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

The daily challenge system seems to be quite glitchy still. Hopefully they will make an update to fix some of those issues.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I hope the daily challenges are fixed, even though they aren't shown as completed when I go to play them they show as completed, very bizarre.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #18
darkenednight

Send a message via Skype™ to darkenednight

Darkened Night's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Gold   Over Achiever - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Quick update.

I've gotten used to completing two of the daily challenges before closing and reopening the game. This has awarded me the bonus of 150 coins for the past few days.

I did run into an issue once while doing this. Not only did it take away my 150 coin bonus, but it also took away 100 of the coins from one of the challenges themselves. On the monthly preview screen, it displayed 2/3 completed, but once the day has been selected, it shows that the bonus and dailies have already been awarded.

It's a good thing this issue has occurred a little late in the game, or else I would not be able to obtain 10,000 by the end of the month!

darkenednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
DAVIZINHO

DAVIZINHO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenednight View Post
Quick update.

I've gotten used to completing two of the daily challenges before closing and reopening the game. This has awarded me the bonus of 150 coins for the past few days.

I did run into an issue once while doing this. Not only did it take away my 150 coin bonus, but it also took away 100 of the coins from one of the challenges themselves. On the monthly preview screen, it displayed 2/3 completed, but once the day has been selected, it shows that the bonus and dailies have already been awarded.

It's a good thing this issue has occurred a little late in the game, or else I would not be able to obtain 10,000 by the end of the month!
I hace the same problem in a surface rt
DAVIZINHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #20
zalexzy

Zalexzy's Gamercard
Daily challenges are glitchy, I have lost two months for those and at moment I don't bother playing it. On their twitter page they say update is coming, but it seems to take time.

I lost some badges and many days were messed up, even though I completed day. It took away all 450 coins, showing 0/3 done, when I went to redo one of those challenges, it showed 3/3 but didn't give me any coins. And when I restart game again, it shows 0/3.
zalexzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
jazon168

outerhaven168's Gamercard
i got "success" but didnt get "came to play" from doing a challenge.. weird...
jazon168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazon168 View Post
You might want to back out to the main menu, close the game and try again. The game seems to be a bit too glitchy at the moment.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazon168 View Post
This happened to me too. Came to Play unlocked a few days later as I kept playing Daily Challenges.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
ViniBT

ViniBT's Gamercard
Just like a few others said above, I don't think "High Five" is possible with mouse.

I've been trying this for weeks and all I could do was take the clock to 3:15. When I reached level 25, everything screwed (too many tiles!).
Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #25
drkltus2

WHERES BILDO's Gamercard
nice guide
drkltus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
ghost10221987

ghost10221987's Gamercard
I actually got to 5 min, and it's not incredibly hard with a touch screen, but you do have to get really lucky with time tiles and green tiles. Of course, this being Micro$oft, the stupid achievement didn't unlock... but at least I know I can do it now.

Well, just went back and tried again. I got it, but it wasn't until I got 5:15 on the clock. Dunno if it was just me or what.
W8 100%: 9
iOS 100%: 1
Web Games 100%: 1

Overall Completion %: Points: 78%
Overall Completion %: Achievements: 81%

Last edited by ghost10221987; 01-31-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Got it
ghost10221987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #27
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
On my way to my 3rd gold, silver, and bronze medals. At this rate, I will 100% this game just before Thanksgiving...

Any chance anyone's stumbled on a way to earn coins outside the current month?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #28
WnxLogan

WnxLogan's Gamercard
The challenges won't load because of an error, so there goes my progress towards Marathon.

WnxLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
MathGuy42

mathguy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
@zszaiss: I tried changing my computers Date to September 1, but wasn't able to play past challenges. The start screen of Taptiles showed September 1, but I couldn't connect to XBL. This was with a second account; I didn't want to risk messing up my progress.

@WnXLogan: This was probably related to yesterday's trouble with cloud services. The problem is fixed now, but I'm guessing you were trying to get Fri, Feb 21. I sympathize. I had to spend an extra month on Marathon due to a bug.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #30
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
Well after several months of trying I finally got High Five. I really think it is 100% dependent on how many green and extra time pops you get. Best I had ever done before was about 4:15 but ran it today during lunch (touch screen on a Surface RT) and got probably 80% of my "bonus" tiles were time or green tiles and I ended up with 6:37 as my best time left.

I certainly haven't gotten THAT much better at the game, I think it just depends on the boards that you get.
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote