PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Midway Arcade Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wizard of Wor slowdown?

I just bought MAO today and I love it so far. There's just one little problem I found: When I was playing Wizard of Wor (that game with the terrible computerized voice), it started slowing down after just 2 or 3 minutes of playing it. I can pause just fine, but the game slows to a crawl. I've never had this problem with Wizard of Wor on Midway Arcade Treasures back on the XBOX 1. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
MidgetsInactive

MidgetsInactive's Gamercard
No, you're not. Once I hit the requirements for the achievement in Wizards of Wor, my game slowed down tremendously, and I had to dashboard to get back to the game it was so bad. It only happens on that game, though.
MidgetsInactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetsInactive View Post
No, you're not. Once I hit the requirements for the achievement in Wizards of Wor, my game slowed down tremendously, and I had to dashboard to get back to the game it was so bad. It only happens on that game, though.
The exact same thing happened to me. Once I got the achievement for that game, it started slowing down a lot. I quit out and loaded it again, and it still slowed down. Hopefully, WB Games will look into this.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
the same thing happened to me as well
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #5
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
Seems to be connected to the achievement popping and it happened to me as well.

But subsequently play throughs have been fine and I've since more than doubled my high score earned when I unlocked the achievement. No hint of the issue happening.

Last edited by Atariboy; 01-13-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
uMAD at ohdavey

uMAD at ohDavey's Gamercard
the exact same thing happened to me as soon as mine popped. i was so worried but i was able to exit via the guide button and the achivement was unlocked and safe. haha.
uMAD at ohdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
This is a great game so I'm not sure why your concern seems to have been all about rather or not the achievement itself unlocked.

The concern if you ask me should've been if there was something up with the emulation that happened to fubar at the point where the achievement criteria is met every playthrough. Would've been ashame to see this fine game yet again be screwed up on a compilation like the "super speed" version that was on Midway Arcade Treasures 2.

Luckily once the achievement is earned, the game is fine on subsequent playthroughs and a decent representation of the arcade original (Still runs a bit fast compared to MAME, but it's a minor difference compared to how off it has been in the past).

Last edited by Atariboy; 02-07-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I honestly don't know if that happened to me. I nabbed the achievement and bailed from the game. Some games I still enjoy playing, some.... not so much.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
pmWolf

pmWolf's Gamercard
After I got the achievement, I got the massive slowdown, too.

I tried to power through it...and eventually it gave me the RAMPART achievement, too.

Weird.
pmWolf is offline   Reply With Quote