PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Finite Reign

78% Almanac Discovery

I searched this forum and found reference to an old glitch that people say was remedied with the last patch, but I saw nothing that looked like this...

Because Almanac Pages, when collected in their entirety, per the guide = inventions for the homestead, it would seem that if I have crafted all inventions I should have all pages, right?

I checked the DNA sequence, and yup... everything has been crafted. My total sync is STILL only 98% and that is specifically because my "Discovery Collectibles" section has a 78% Alamanc collected.

Anyone have any idea how to complete this? Did I miss something? Is there some game based way to "kick the side of the case" (as it were) to get the damn thing working properly?

Help.
Finite Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
More_Credible

Send a message via AIM to More_Credible

More Credible's Gamercard
Lots of people have this problem. Although not at 77%. Typically 89%.

Florida Gators > You.
More_Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #3
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
my first thought would be that im not certain that all the inventions show up to be crafted until you have all the necessary pages. Are the maps available?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finite Reign View Post
I searched this forum and found reference to an old glitch that people say was remedied with the last patch, but I saw nothing that looked like this...

Because Almanac Pages, when collected in their entirety, per the guide = inventions for the homestead, it would seem that if I have crafted all inventions I should have all pages, right?

I checked the DNA sequence, and yup... everything has been crafted. My total sync is STILL only 98% and that is specifically because my "Discovery Collectibles" section has a 78% Alamanc collected.

Anyone have any idea how to complete this? Did I miss something? Is there some game based way to "kick the side of the case" (as it were) to get the damn thing working properly?

Help.
I am having this same issue. I't showing that I am at 78% However, I am positive i have collected them all and I have crafted all the inventions.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
WesCoast

WesCoast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl Synical lX View Post
I am having this same issue. I't showing that I am at 78% However, I am positive i have collected them all and I have crafted all the inventions.
Did you purchase the map that reveals the almanac pages to be sure they are all collected? Might be an obvious question, but I can't imagine any other solution to be sure you have them all. I don't really know how they impact the ability to craft all the inventions (if you need 100% of the pages to craft 100% of the inventions).

Otherwise, the almanacs show up in the manor so I would assume you would have them all up there too. Maybe going up to check might reveal if you do have them all collected for sure or clicking on each might fix the percentage thing?

Good luck.
WesCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Finite Reign

Checking the Manor, I have 9 Almanacs present and all 9 inventions crafted. I also went and "Examined" everything in the manor that could possibly be examined. Curiously, after doing so, I noticed there was a new treasure chest hidden behind the manor. I went and opened to receive a new recipe. Unfortunately since this game's method of telling you anything is pretty terrible, I have no idea what recipe it unlocked. I went through the entire crafting menu and it all looked the same to me.

One of the first things I did with my money in the game was purchase all of the maps. So I am confident I have everything you can have. My Animus database is also sitting at 100%. My total DNA tracker is sitting at 98% as I am missing 200 total points. Checking each and every entry, the only one short is the Almanacs. I read every DB entry and scrolled through each almanac entry as well.

It bothers me that right now, there is no NO WAY to get one of the achievements in this game.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
Xl Synical lX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesCoast View Post
Did you purchase the map that reveals the almanac pages to be sure they are all collected? Might be an obvious question, but I can't imagine any other solution to be sure you have them all. I don't really know how they impact the ability to craft all the inventions (if you need 100% of the pages to craft 100% of the inventions).

Otherwise, the almanacs show up in the manor so I would assume you would have them all up there too. Maybe going up to check might reveal if you do have them all collected for sure or clicking on each might fix the percentage thing?

Good luck.
Yes I did buy the maps. I am positive. Didn't the patch fix this?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
Finite Reign

Evidently, the patch didn't fix this.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #9
Xl Synical lX

Quote:
Evidently, the patch didn't fix this.
Anyword on another patch to correct the issue.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #10
Finite Reign

I just checked the patch notes for this issue. There was no fix for the almanacs, only the EotCM. Reading their website, I see nothing on this issue as being "scheduled" or identified for fix.

If this does not get patched, I will likely put the game down and only pick it up again after all the DLC goes on sale. It is not worth going through the entire game to 100% everything AGAIN. At least not till I have forgotten how much the game sucked.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
Xl Synical lX

Quote:
I just checked the patch notes for this issue. There was no fix for the almanacs, only the EotCM. Reading their website, I see nothing on this issue as being "scheduled" or identified for fix.

If this does not get patched, I will likely put the game down and only pick it up again after all the DLC goes on sale. It is not worth going through the entire game to 100% everything AGAIN. At least not till I have forgotten how much the game sucked.
I am sorry whats the DLC ?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
fulcilivez

I'm stuck on 89 sync for the almanacs. I know I have all the pages but the achievement never unlocked. Did anyone hear if they doing another patch?
fulcilivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Finite Reign

I put the game in every now and again to see if there is a patch, and nada. I also check their website every now and again to see if there is any mention of a fix. Unfortunately, their forums are the only place to find this information, and they don't police them well enough to make information easily locatable, even with the search.

Hopefully with the Release of ToKW they will fix stupid issues like this. Simple validation checks are all that should be required. I get the feeling that they over complicate these checks and combine too many variable passes. But this is what happens when they put hundreds of coders to work on a single project then rush it through Q/A and testing.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #14
A Real Psycho

Send a message via Skype™ to A Real Psycho

darkshadow ohh's Gamercard
buy a map from general store. locations for all papers and treasures and everything
A Real Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
More_Credible

Send a message via AIM to More_Credible

More Credible's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Real Psycho View Post
buy a map from general store. locations for all papers and treasures and everything
Don't think you understand. It's not that we can't find them, it's we already found them and the game doesn't recognize it in the completion ratio. Having created all of the household inventions, I know I've done so.

Florida Gators > You.
More_Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #16
Finite Reign

I did a search, and didn't see anything stating if this had been fixed yet. Anyone know?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #17
Finite Reign

So, the year is drawing to a close, a new AC game is out and evidently a new patch has dropped.

I scrolled through all of the stuff that has been posted since this thread and saw nothing identifying if this has been fixed. This achievement is holding me up from getting into ACIV on the ONE. I am hesitant to start a new AC game that (from what I have read) is WAY better than this one as I may never come back to finish this (even though I already earned it).

At any rate, anyone know?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #18
Kevin 737

KEVIN 737's Gamercard
Quote:
So, the year is drawing to a close, a new AC game is out and evidently a new patch has dropped.

I scrolled through all of the stuff that has been posted since this thread and saw nothing identifying if this has been fixed. This achievement is holding me up from getting into ACIV on the ONE. I am hesitant to start a new AC game that (from what I have read) is WAY better than this one as I may never come back to finish this (even though I already earned it).

At any rate, anyone know?
Sorry to bump this old thread but I'd also like to know if there is a fix or maybe a workaround found for this. I just achieved everything to get 100% but then it appeared that the almanac was stuck at 89%.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #19
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin 737 View Post
Sorry to bump this old thread but I'd also like to know if there is a fix or maybe a workaround found for this. I just achieved everything to get 100% but then it appeared that the almanac was stuck at 89%.
As far as I know it's still glitched and there is no fix or no workaround, Ubisoft never released a patch that addressed this issue leaving many people unable to ever get 100% unless they played through the entire game a second time.

It was rumored that collecting any almanac pages whilst playing as Haytham caused it to glitch, but I'm not sure if this is actually the case or not.

Grow old never grow up
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote