PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #31
Sparda

Send a message via AIM to Sparda Send a message via MSN to Sparda

DemonLordSparda's Gamercard
It's not chance it's patience. I'm trying to cut down on people playing this mission over and over for this. Chain shotting the masts is just timing. The mission once I figured it out took me about 7 minutes to do, some people have reported doing this over 50 times, and sometimes when they ram a boat it just dies. A focused fire heat shot will not destroy a man of war or frigate in one volley even with the extra cannon. Sure maybe mine is a bit slower but it's far more consistent than ramming.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #32
Shabba
Banned User

I really cannot understand how you play at all?
7 minutes to do this mission are you serious? It takes less then 3. The Frigates sink if you ram them twice. This isn't ramming once then turning and ramming again. This ramming at the front or side and as that Frigate is moving you hit it again.

So the way to prevent this is kill in the same ram with a hand cannon shot. Aim at the tip of The Frigate when you ram, the hand cannon has a big red target almost as big as your screen fire quickly boomboom. Every Frigate sinks off any upgraded cannon volley a grapeshot, heat, or normal. I don't know how you fire your cannons mine I get as close as I can and make sure the full broadside hits. A MAN OF WAR has even been destroyed off a single heat volley.

Last edited by Shabba; 11-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
Sparda

Send a message via AIM to Sparda Send a message via MSN to Sparda

DemonLordSparda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
I really cannot understand how you play at all?
7 minutes to do this mission are you serious? It takes less then 3. The Frigates sink if you ram them twice. This isn't ramming once then turning and ramming again. This ramming at the front or side and as that Frigate is moving you hit it again.

So the way to prevent this is kill in the same ram with a hand cannon shot. Aim at the tip of The Frigate when you ram, the hand cannon has a big red target almost as big as your screen fire quickly boomboom. Every Frigate sinks off any upgraded cannon volley a grapeshot, heat, or normal. I don't know how you fire your cannons mine I get as close as I can and make sure the full broadside hits. A MAN OF WAR has even been destroyed off a single heat volley.
I'd like to see a video of that then because that's simply not true. If you could kill them in one volley then a ram will kill them in one hit. Besides MANY PEOPLE have said that with an upgraded ram the ships just sink immediately. Besides I know how to shoot the powder stores. I have never seen anyone do this mission with 100% synch in 3 minutes. Please show me a video where it happens and I'll believe you.

Go read the thread I linked people found my idea helpful. Read both threads and see how many people saying that ramming is unreliable.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #34
Gemgemchan

Gemgemchan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by E vee dub View Post
I tried my own ways, swallowed my pride, and this is the best approach, as already suggested.
So I confirm it:

1. Use chain-shots to stop the ships.
2. Ram the bow (front) of the ships gently (meaning hit the brakes just before ramming), until the powder reserve is exposed.
3. Quickly us snipe-cannons (LT) to take it out.

This worked perfectly !

My ship is fully upgraded. But I used chain shot to stop all three. then circled each ship and ram the front of it gently. You have to do it gently, just a little push and the white circle wil appear

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Gemgemchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #35
thereisnosp00n

dorestes's Gamercard
the ramming technique totally works. Was intensely frustrated, came here for advice. You'll need chain shot and swivel gun--nothing else. Just DON'T USE YOUR CANNONS AT ALL. You don't even need an upgraded ram. I didn't use one.

1) clear away all the little ships at the beginning. Grapeshot is very useful here.

2) head straight for the ships. Take cover when the big wave hits.

3) One of the frigates will be coming straight for you. Ram it head to head.

4) the weak point should be exposed now. Use swivel gun to take it out.

5) Don't worry too much about taking damage. Just take cover when appropriate, but stay on ramming course.

6) You should have the man-of-war and the frigate left. The other frigate will be greatly weakened if you got unlucky.

7) Use chain shot to destroy their masts. This should be pretty easy for you--if not, just keep practicing. You'll get it.

8) Take out the other frigate first. Since it's dead in the water now, line up a ramming course to the front of it. Slow down and then stop just before you get there. After the collision the weak point should be visible. Take it out. If the other frigate was still alive after the first point of contact, repeat this step to take it out, but be extremely careful and slow as the damage you did earlier makes it very vulnerable.

9) Now comes the harder part. You may need to ram the man-of-war two or three times to expose the weak point. Use the swivel gun on the front of the ship from time to time to weaken the front hull. Take cover when necessary as the MoW can do some devastating damage.

10) Use the same slowing technique as before. After a few rammings the weak point in the MoW will be exposed. Swivel it down and voila.
thereisnosp00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #36
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemgemchan View Post
This worked perfectly !

My ship is fully upgraded. But I used chain shot to stop all three. then circled each ship and ram the front of it gently. You have to do it gently, just a little push and the white circle wil appear
That strategy you posted worked LIKE A CHARM for me as well and like you I had a fully upgraded Aquila.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
D0nKEYKon9

D0nKEYKon9's Gamercard
Sink three ships by hitting their powder stores.

This was a really difficult optional objective which took me ages. So basically I destroyed every ship's sails with the chain shot first. Try to do it so they are not to close to each other because they can still fire cannons. What I did with the smaller ships was ram them. But just before I hit the ship I cut to no sail and hit it. Then after I went to half sail and hit it again. If this doesn't reveal the powder store do it again but with the same method. And for the big ship go up to the front of the ship and have half of the cannon ray on the front quarter of the ship. Do this with the normal shot. And continue to do this until it reveals the powder store. Hope this helps and remember take your time. Also this challenge can suck my dick
D0nKEYKon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #38
A Real Psycho

Send a message via Skype™ to A Real Psycho

darkshadow ohh's Gamercard
u can brake their sails so they wont move and ram the front
A Real Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #39
Achelous

UWGcrew Ralph's Gamercard
At the start of the objective, when the three ships are coming towards you, you can frontally ram the Man of War with full sail. For me this immediately exposed the weak spot without destroying it. So you can shoot the storage right away and easily deal with the Man of War.

Then only the two weaker ships are left to deal with. For those I used the method using the sling shot to destroy their sails. When they are still in the water gently ram the front, going in half sail and hit stop a bit before impact. I actually had to ram them twice this way to expose the storage.
Achelous is offline   Reply With Quote