Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Endure.
Alpha Site.
4th set.
3rd round.
5th wave.
14 lives left.

Then about 3 Fuel Rod Cannon Brutes come along with the Gravity Hammer Brutes, if the shots don't kill us the 'Catch' grenades do. All of a sudden we're down to 3 lives left in a matter of minutes.
I take out all three of the Hammer guys but I'm out of ammo in everything else and then the last 3 lives we have are taken out.
All of a sudden I'm the last man standing with an empty gun and a close-quarters weapon and no grenades. Not to mention I'm knocking on death's door as it is.
I take out a couple of Brutes, my team cheering me on haha, and then come up to the next one, he throws a grenade and I jump at him, blast him with the Hammer and he melees me which throws me back into the exploding grenade he just threw.
Game over.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #213
mitchcraft1980

mitchcraft1980's Gamercard
i read in here there is a way to play CO-OP on campaign ???

how the hell do you set that up, im sick of then things that always come in pairs when ur in the city that you need to get behind before you can kill them but cant for the 2nd one always being in the way , its really pissing me off now so a 2nd person would be great help for me on this, other than that i enjoy the game

PROUD MEMBER OF NATIONAL SIG LEAGUE VOTED PROFESSIONAL FOR CREATION OF DIGITAL ART STYLES

mitchcraft1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #214
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

I assume you mean the Hunters? Personally I just run away from them on solo
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #215
Alpha Kebab

Location: A small hellhole outside of another hellhole in the Southern of Sweden

Alpha Kebab's Gamercard
No matchmaking for firefight makes me a sad panda.
Alpha Kebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #216
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
loved all halos, so i picked up this one around christmas. wasnt sure what to expect because i never played it before, i just knew that we werent spartans anymore.

the campaign had some REALLY good levels, i enjoyed it alot. could have been made longer, it only took me and 3 of my buddies like 2 hours to run thru it. overall the game had to grow on me, at first i didnt like it much but after completing the campaign i realized this was a pretty good game.

EDIT: ALpha i love that panda reference from South Park!! are you really from sweden?

no BR makes me a saaad panda

Last edited by niko da bos; 02-23-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: because
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #217
xboxmorgan91

Weasel Pizza's Gamercard
AGGHH just like Reach.. Legendary keeps messing with me.. not giving me credit for beating levels.. it shouldn't be this touchy!!!

xboxmorgan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #218
Fat Strat Mann

Fat Strat Mann's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmorgan91 View Post
AGGHH just like Reach.. Legendary keeps messing with me.. not giving me credit for beating levels.. it shouldn't be this touchy!!!

Are you playing the levels completely in one sitting? No saving and quitting to come back later?

If you are playing the whole mission through in one sitting, then that sucks. I've never had that happen to me in Reach or ODST, or H3 for that matter.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #219
Berserk117

Berserk117's Gamercard
haha i had something like that on firefight it was 2 enemies left and they're usually the gravity hammer brutes and they kept on taking me out. but i gathered myself and found an easier way to take em out. by assassination.

Berserk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #220
Jazzy201

Jazzy201's Gamercard
I'm not bitching...I'm just saying-

I have two main gripes with this game. Firstly, I wish it had matchmaking so that I could just play a firefight or campaign whenever I wanted to. This is minor offense to me though as I haven't touched the game since getting 1k-

My second problem is much more pertinent though. I don't understand why when going for Endure a player losing connection should cost the rest of the team the achievement and attempt. Especially when it's something that can be over a 2 hour time investment-

Obviously the achievement states that it needs to be done with 4 players. Yet still, it's definitely harder to do with 3 people and the players would be getting no advantage, so why wouldn't Bungie just let the remaining players continue?!

My first attempt we got rushed and failed on the very last wave of the 4th set. My next attempt the following day, to our dismay, a player disconnected during the middle of the 3rd set. And after an hour break we got a new player and completed Endure on my 3rd try-

Still, the 4th set was far more stressful than it needed to be, not because of a lack of skill, but a lack of faith in the connection and this poor design of ODST is truly a travesty-

Game recognizes game playa...and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now-

Jazzy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #221
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Angry

Endure.
Alpha Site.
2nd set.
3rd round.
5th wave.
0 lives left.
I'm Last Man Standing.

After doing the entire wave all by myself (yes, that's right), a team mate drops out midway through the next wave and we get sent back into the lobby. A good 70 minutes wasted. I love it when people drop out without saying anything, real good fucking waste of my mother fucking time. Like it wasn't enough I had to mother fucking solo the last wave on the third round. Fucking bulllshit ass goblin faggots. End mother fucking rant.

Last edited by dotCody; 03-18-2011 at 06:42 AM.
dotCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #222
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Endure is the biggest load of shit.

dotCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #223
ONI recon 111

Oni Recon 111's Gamercard
I remember when i last attempted Endure on the Halo Reach beta release day. Being in the UK, we had to wait for hours and hours before the beta was finally released, so some of my friends decided to try for the Endure achievement, and i joined them. We spent a good two or three hours playing, doing really well, until the final wave of round 3, in Set 4, and it all turned to shit. We eventually pulled out the win, and got to Set 5, and no achievement popped. After we left the game and went to the lobby, it took us a couple of seconds to realise we'd had it on Normal, rather than Heroic, and our time was completely wasted D:
TES IV Oblivion, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Lego Star Wars TCS, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood, The Saboteur, Star Wars TFU, Civilisation Revolution, Dash of Destruction, Dead Rising Case Zero, Halo Reach (w/o DLC), Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2 (w/o DLC), Call of Duty Classic, Mass Effect

Working on-
The Orange Box, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black Ops, Medal of Honor
ONI recon 111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #224
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Currently working on a Legendary Co-Op run with 3 others, so far 2 levels refuse to be completed without someone disconnecting. What's worse is it doesn't count as a complete level on Legendary unless it's completed from the beginning to the end of the level, the resume Co-Op game option is worthless. Not really a problem as it stands as Legendary with 4 players is incredibly quick & easy, what I don't want to do is waste my time doing the 2 Vidmaster challenges for someone to disconnect near the end and reset it for everyone.

Reading from other peoples complaints this is a persistant problem... Bungie really seemed to have dropped the ball on this one. I think I might just stick with 950gs on this game.

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 229 / 75]
: WANTED: WEAPONS OF FATE / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13
> 08|12|13
sm182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #225
Bardfor

Bardfor's Gamercard
Boy, I can't *wait* to get the time to try to get Endure... sounds like "fun".... woot.
Bardfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 AM   #226
hatenthepain

hatenpain's Gamercard
it dont suck its different
hatenthepain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 AM   #227
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
nope - not feelin' this game at all, but then again i haven't liked any of the halos except the first one. only reason i bought odst was that it was dirt cheap and to breeze through the campaign. not sure why people love these halo games so damn much - i don't think i'll ever figure it out.

Last edited by Mellow Tha Pro; 06-14-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: lack of typing prowess!!! LOL!!!
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #228
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
My bitch is that I can't through the campaign on any difficulty by myself. It's too boring

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #229
The SilverSurfr

unknownSILVER21's Gamercard
some of the things people say in these fourms is either extremly dumb or funny
The SilverSurfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #230
Peggle3

Peggleicious's Gamercard
I honestly need to bitch about all of the Fire fight achievements.

Things that annoy me:
No matchmaking for fire fight
Lots of lag
If one player disconnect the game ends (the worst)

Thanks, Bungie.
Peggle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #231
CaptFrost

CaptFrost7's Gamercard
This game was actually the first Halo since Halo 1 that I truly enjoyed.

However:

1. No Firefight matchmaking
2. Way more lag than there is any excuse for
3. No continuing if someone loses connection

makes Frost a dull boy. (kudos if you get the reference)

I actually didn't mind no competitive multiplayer as I have never been able to get into competitive FPSes on consoles as I originated as a PC gamer; I play them, but I do it in small bites because playing with the controller handicap eventually will piss me off between 30 minutes and 3 hours of play. But they should have put in matchmaking for Firefight, there was NO excuse for that.

Last edited by CaptFrost; 07-27-2011 at 12:50 AM.
CaptFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #232
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFrost View Post
3. No continuing if someone loses connection
A million and one times this. I mean what were they thinking. Holy shit is it stupid. It's one of those things which you can't imagine it being released without some dev spotting it.

Defies logic.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #233
IncensedCape

IncensedCape's Gamercard

Just finished the last mission on Legendary. no mission complete achievement or campaign complete achievement, *sigh*.

IncensedCape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #234
Conman577

Conman577's Gamercard
Firefight. fuck. that. Love the game otherwise.
Conman577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #235
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euvel View Post
I have nothing to complain about the game. It is what Halo should be and it is very much like every other Halo game. I was very pleased with it. But on to the bitching part.

The Xbox Live community NEVER ceases to piss me off! Getting Vidmaster Challenge: Deja Vu or however it is supposed to be written.

Set 4: 3 Skulls Activated: 2nd to last wave (reinforcements)

My friend's friends.

That guy: Hey. I'm getting bored and we can do this some other time. Seeya. (Leaves)

I wasn't even enjoying the game before because they are idiots but I put up with that for my friend's sake but when you're that close to being done with this and never have to do it with people you don't like again you get a feeling of, it is almost finally over, but someone has to ruin it. Wasn't even a funny kind of ruin it was just I'm going to be an asshole kind. I'm sticking with my Halo nerd friends next time.
Seems like the guy who left out on you is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick. It would only take another 20 minutes or so. Not like 3 hours, just hang it out. What an ass.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #236
OoSuperGameRoO

OoSuperGameRoO's Gamercard
http://youtu.be/7xGMQHpbhq0
OoSuperGameRoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #237
BearCat300

BearCat300's Gamercard
Going back through this to finish getting my 1k... guess I wont be getting those vidmaster challenges. I'm not that good.
BearCat300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #238
MorbidEclipse24

MorbidEclipse24's Gamercard
Someone said that the game is "touchy" and I have to agree.. like the rest of the halos.. these cheevs and everything are just too specific.. I dont remember what I did but I finished the game without getting that Super Sleuth cheev... just went back through it all making sure not to mess with any settings or even go anywhere else besides "resume solo campaign" from the main menu. It looks like a lot of people feel the same with these Vidmaster cheevs as well. Hahaha... ugh... they just had to add these cheevs in there. Apparently that 4 player firefight cheev was originally on Legendary till they realized the difficulty of it. I dont know but I hope I can manage. Good luck to you all.