Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspertodd View Post
Even if you manged to fill all your tree its not like its gonna make the game simple for a sinlge player person.
Actually, a Bloodshed/Cunning build with Zer0, with Law and Order (or some other Roid shield/melee gun) does make the game pretty easy with Zer0.

As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 01-22-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #32
RHYSthethird

rhysthethird's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA166 T View Post
When did they raise is in borderlands 1 ? How long after release?
borderlands 1 was released Oct 20, 2009
knoxx dlc with level cap increase was released Feb 23, 2010

thats 4 months and 3 days.

borderlands 2 released Sep 18, 2012

it has been 4 months and 5 days as of this post.
RHYSthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #33
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #34
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYSthethird View Post
borderlands 1 was released Oct 20, 2009
knoxx dlc with level cap increase was released Feb 23, 2010

thats 4 months and 3 days.

borderlands 2 released Sep 18, 2012

it has been 4 months and 5 days as of this post.
It's either next DLC or they're releasing a second season pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazerz1990 View Post
Lawl

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #35
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this is turning out in my mind to be a clever marketing ploy. The last three DLC combined have had less GS than a single DLC from the previous game. There has been talk for some time of a second Season Pass, meaning more content. They can't go beyond 1750 GS, so perhaps they were cranking out these last dlc to push extra content, but saving the level cap for the end of Q1 so they could push more downloadable content and keep it within the realm of the allotted 1750 GS.

It still sucks, and I really want that cap increase but as I said perhaps Gearbox intended it to be this way from the get go because they know people will spend the money.
So achievement whores are to blame for the shitty DLC. Knew it.

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #36
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
So achievement whores are to blame for the shitty DLC. Knew it.
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with his post. I don't think Gearbox is planning their downloadable content schedule around achievements or quarterly achievement guidelines. I think there's a big misconception from users of this site versus the reality of a developers priorities, achievements being the least of them.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #37
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with his post. I don't think Gearbox is planning their downloadable content schedule around achievements or quarterly achievement guidelines. I think there's a big misconception from users of this site versus the reality of a developers priorities, achievements being the least of them.
Yeah it was mostly a joke. But I'm seriously curious what the developers priorities actually are? Do they every go on the forums? Seriously people on here and the official forums have outlined specifically what most people want. The only reason I haven't traded this game in yet is because I got suckered in to the season pass and for some reason I'm still curious about the 4th DLC. Gearbox needs to step it up and fast. Starting at the end of next month we enter into the AAA early gaming season.

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #38
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Yeah it was mostly a joke. But I'm seriously curious what the developers priorities actually are? Do they every go on the forums? Seriously people on here and the official forums have outlined specifically what most people want. The only reason I haven't traded this game in yet is because I got suckered in to the season pass and for some reason I'm still curious about the 4th DLC. Gearbox needs to step it up and fast. Starting at the end of next month we enter into the AAA early gaming season.
If you spent the time and made something that came under this much scrutiny, you might not want to look at your own forums either. I don't know if they look at them or not, it doesn't feel like it but I'm sure some of them must. It's not like they need to, I follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter and everytime he Tweets there are a bunch of nasty comments within seconds. Look at what fans did to Mass Effect 3 by complaining. It probably isn't the healthiest thing for those people to dwell on what the forum responses are, considering most of them aren't constructive.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #39
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
If you spent the time and made something that came under this much scrutiny, you might not want to look at your own forums either. I don't know if they look at them or not, it doesn't feel like it but I'm sure some of them must. It's not like they need to, I follow Randy Pitchford on Twitter and everytime he Tweets there are a bunch of nasty comments within seconds. Look at what fans did to Mass Effect 3 by complaining. It probably isn't the healthiest thing for those people to dwell on what the forum responses are, considering most of them aren't constructive.
To be fair to Gearbox, their forums aren't nearly as bad as the scum filled BioWare Social Network but I do agree with the general premise. It's hard to really do something well when you have a bunch of snarky comments thrown in response almost instantly.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
heavydwayne

heavydwayne's Gamercard
I think that the reason there are so many people complaining about Borderlands 2 and Gearbox is because they have become too big for their cult following. Borderlands 1 was a great game and the DLC were great except for a few little things(moxxi's underdome, collecting stuff for achievements in claptrap DLC). We were not only impressed by the game, but the DLC content as well.

Borderlands 2 was a great overall base game that improved on the first and was a great sequel to the first game. This is where Gearbox has gotten too big for us. Rather than create a DLC for a game and franchise they created they outsourced all their DLC so far to a company that doesn't understand the fan base. They have created 3 sub-par DLC's that IMO degrade the original game. Each had potential but they all seemed rushed and unfinished. I would have rather waited until for DLC 1 as long as it was worth playing and replaying but as it sits now, I may never replay any of them.

Overall the biggest problem Gearbox has is communication. If Gearbox had come out and said, we are on strict deadlines with colonial marines and had to outsource some of the BL2 DLC's rather than just be hush hush about it, many of the complainers would have went away. Most would have just probably asked for them to quality control their own DLC and insure its up to their own standards. If Gearbox had said from the beginning that the LVL cap increase would come from a percentage of players maxing out from the beginning then maybe giving us a weekly number so we could track progress that problem would be solved.

The last problem I will address is the fact that Gearbox believes they over powered some weapons and shields(CC+Bee). To give in to people who complain that weapons/shields are OP when the simple solution is not to play with them or people who use them. Btw, I have yet to come across someone in matchmaking who thinks weapons need to be nerfed. There is a simple fix that would oleviate this problem in one easy step without ruining some peoples game play. Institute a LVL Cap increase and either nerf the higher levels or just make it so those OP weapons and shileds are not available after LVL 50.

It's a long post but each thing is simple and basic and some is even common sense. Some people may not agree with me and that is OK, but it's hard to argue that Gearbox's main problem is communication with its fan base.
heavydwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #41
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Now, the problem with that and the reason it's unfixable for me is that there is absolutely no chance that I will ever pay (or prepay for another season pass) full price or buy this content I've described day one. I would have to wait for it to go on sale because Gearbox has lost my trust when it comes to DLC.
And I've gone further to be suspicious of not only their DLC, but their full retail games, as well (looking at you, Aliens: Colonial Marines).

Gearbox have been put "on notice" with me and I'm going to scrutinize the shit out of what they do now.

And I won't be buying those goddamn heads and skins for 80G apiece, either.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #42
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

"We also didnít want to wait so long that people were no longer interested or felt like it wasnít coming.Ē

Wow, it took them THAT long to figure that out? This strikes me like they've closed the barn doors long after the cows have run away.

As much as I love Borderlands 2, I'll admit the DLC isn't nearly as spectacular as BL1. A friend of mine had a corrupted save file after she downloaded the Big Game Hunt, which is why I'm holding off playing BL2 until such problems are solved. And, as I've stated in a post in the 3rd DLC forum, if they don't give us a level cap or even a storage increase then I'll give up on Borderlands 2 altogether. A great game such as this doesn't deserve such unreliable support.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #43
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I cant be the only one who actually put this gamebon hold until a level increass. I just can't imagine how they thought it would be benefical.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #44
Finga Freak

FingaFreak's Gamercard
Honestly, I would love a level cap increase today if that was possible, but I feel like even without it there is still a wealthy amount of content available on the game to warrant still playing. Just my opinion.

Have 5 level 50's, farmed for days, working on final challenges to increase BA Rank and still haven't touched the DLC; yet I haven't taken this game out of my console since Dec.

I understand the desire and I will be overjoyed when the level cap does get raised, but until then I still find myself not being able to walk away. Bravo GBX!
Finga Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #45
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow, still no level cap increase. Not that it'll do anything for me I haven't played for 3 months, its boring.

Last edited by The Duke of Darkness; 02-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #46
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I'm level 48, awfully close to hitting 50 for the first time so I'll be ready for the raise when I do.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #47
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Level cap may be much further away than we thought (if it happens at all now) according to the wording Randy uses in this interview:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/bo...-cap-increase/

Some of the shit he says is so ridiculously stupid, based on the experience they should already have under their belt with BL1, that I can't even comment right now. I'll leave it to you all to discuss.

Tl/dr: They basically don't have a clue as to what to do about the cap.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #48
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
Level cap may be much further away than we thought (if it happens at all now) according to the wording Randy uses in this interview:

Some of the shit he says is so ridiculously stupid, based on the experience they should already have under their belt with BL1, that I can't even comment right now. I'll leave it to you all to discuss.

I could barely even make it through this interview, the more that guy talks the more I wanna punch him in his fat fucking mouth. They've botched this game post release so bad it isn't even funny. It's completely unfuckable at this point and they know it.

Oh, and for the latest Borderlands related patch news, those idiots put out an update for their iOS game today, for the six people who are playing that heap.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #49
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

I've gotten 5 50 characters a BAR of over 75k and it's still fun to play solo or with friends.
I'm just wondering how many of us will lose our characters by time this cap is raised. Seems like every DLC/patch they put out deletes some players info. I'd honestly recommend backing up all your saves before getting this next DLC/Cap.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #50
jassick

jassick's Gamercard
Quote:

I do believe i damn near called that one. My new opinion is they should just say fuck it and slowly up the level to what ever would give us all skill maxed out. thinking it's around 150ish for that to happen though.

i wonder what peoples reactions would be if they increased the level by about 10, but only gave you 6 more skill points.

side note: just finished the rest of the dlc missions i had, got about 1.5 million xp just waiting, plus a few missions that are only available after those are turned in. plan on doing the same with my gunzerker character to, but more so. would like to see how much xp there is in all available side missions at lvl 50.

jassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #51
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassick View Post
I do believe i damn near called that one. My new opinion is they should just say fuck it and slowly up the level to what ever would give us all skill maxed out. thinking it's around 150ish for that to happen though.

i wonder what peoples reactions would be if they increased the level by about 10, but only gave you 6 more skill points.

side note: just finished the rest of the dlc missions i had, got about 1.5 million xp just waiting, plus a few missions that are only available after those are turned in. plan on doing the same with my gunzerker character to, but more so. would like to see how much xp there is in all available side missions at lvl 50.
I'll point out one more thing from this interview that is proof to me that they don't know how to manage this game and it's the line where he comments on the level cap being raised in response to the name of the achievement for reaching level fifty (Capped Out...For Now). The achievement title coupled with the fact that they raised the cap in the first game is an example of them putting their foot in their mouth yet again. If it was simply called "Capped Out", the speculation and expectation of a level-cap increase would be based on historical events rather than a dick tease. Now they have to be pro-active about the situation when clearly they've known all along a level-cap would break their game. It's amateur hour over at Gearbox twenty-four hours a day. All of this aside, I think I speak for many people when I say we would have been happy with a level-cap increase even without additional skill-points, there would have atleast been a reason to earn experience again or consider giving them money for more content.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #52
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Quote:

Are you shitting me? "Raising the level cap could break the game?" That is the most bullshit thing I've ever heard in my life. Has he seen the glitches the game has? Any of the complaints of Badass rank resets and corrupted saves? THOSE are what break a game. Raising the level cap does NOT break a game. That's like saying adding cheese to a sandwich ruins the sandwich.

Well, what little respect I had for Gearbox just ran out. I got something to say to Mr. Pitchford: NOT raising the level cap will break everyone's interest in the game. I'm absolutely certain that this article pissed of a LOT of BL2 fans, myself included.

So, increasing Borderlands 1's level cap, not a big deal. But raising BL2's level cap: RED ALERT! I'm almost at the point of avoiding all future Gearbox games.

Last edited by FatalDeathSG45; 02-08-2013 at 05:16 AM.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:27 AM   #53
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Quote:

Does Gearbox even play their own game? Pitchford sounds like he is talking out his
Enemies are over the level cap, they don't break the game.

People who have used the infinite skill point glitch to max out all their skill trees and their games didn't flipping break.
I actually met somebody with a modded character, his character was at level 130; he was penalized later but his game didn't break and neither did mine!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #54
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
I'm almost at the point of avoiding all future Gearbox games.
Oh without a doubt. I just looked back at the interview and reread it to make sure I wasn't overreacting and I wasn't. I didn't read the comments the first time around either. I don't think there's anyone left defending the game at this point, you're either pissed or you're a casual gamer and don't care either way, which is probably the better of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cann0nSen5ei View Post
Does Gearbox even play their own game? Pitchford sounds like he is talking out his
Enemies are over the level cap, they don't break the game.

People who have used the infinite skill point glitch to max out all their skill trees and their games didn't flipping break.
I actually met somebody with a modded character, his character was at level 130; he was penalized later but his game didn't break and neither did mine!
I didn't even think of enemy levels and modded games not breaking anything. It gets worse by the minute. Logic is out the door.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-08-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #55
mightysleigher

Mightysleigher's Gamercard
Quote:
I think I speak for many people when I say we would have been happy with a level-cap increase even without additional skill-points, there would at the very least then be a reason to earn experience again or give them money for more content.
AMEN! If Gearbox had any sense (which, after reading that article, I now see THEY DON'T), that would be the 'quick-fix' while they try to finish the 'real' problem. Push out a 10 lvl increase, no new skill points, add a third playthrough option (BADASS Vault Hunter Mode, perhaps), and we're happy for a few days or weeks, maybe a month.

But for them to have designed the skill tree system to stop at 50, and can't seem to figure out how to work past that, knowing full well that they would want to raise the level cap in the future is just crazy! And it's such BS for Randy to say "Some of the impossible configurations, if they were possible, would break the game. Sometimes very literally. 'Oh, thatís gonna blow memory. Your Xbox will crash.'" I know of quite a few people playing with modded maxed out skill trees and it's not crashing the Xbox. Ugh.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #56
dieredsparowes

I actually don't want to jump on the hate bandwagon regarding the Pitchford interview. I mean, he is right that the process has to be a lot more complicated this time around for increasing the level cap. They also seem to want a game balanced in such a certain way regarding loot drops and boss difficulty that implementing new skills or levels would just undue all of their current work. I have no doubt it's a maddening process.

That said, I really am at a loss as to why they feel the need to tune the game to the less than 1% of players out there that speed run raid bosses and farm for the best available loot. The main problem I have with it is that nobody at Gearbox is a player that they are balancing the game for. They are completely out of their element, and it is damaging the overall product for 100% of the players as a result.

It's disheartening because they have recently made changes that are for the better (removing raid boss lockouts, level 50s in the Torque machines, fixing of DLC bugs, and the list goes on). But here Pitchford is again basically saying "guys, it's really hard to make a game that the most dedicated players in the world can't trivialize, so you all have to suffer that fact with us." I thought we were over that, Gearbox.

Edit: I should add that I read Randy saying "break the game" in the same sense he used it in reference to the Bee/shotgun configurations. I know he referenced the memory issues, but he tends to use reductive hyperbole when talking about overpowered builds, duping, and the like. I think in his mind an overpowered character or OP equipment via raised levels/new skills = breaking the game, and they don't want to wander down this path where they need to rebalance everything (which they already know by now they do not know how to do).

Last edited by dieredsparowes; 02-08-2013 at 05:56 AM.
dieredsparowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #57
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightysleigher View Post
AMEN! If Gearbox had any sense (which, after reading that article, I now see THEY DON'T), that would be the 'quick-fix' while they try to finish the 'real' problem. Push out a 10 lvl increase, no new skill points, add a third playthrough option (BADASS Vault Hunter Mode, perhaps), and we're happy for a few days or weeks, maybe a month.

But for them to have designed the skill tree system to stop at 50, and can't seem to figure out how to work past that, knowing full well that they would want to raise the level cap in the future is just crazy! And it's such BS for Randy to say "Some of the impossible configurations, if they were possible, would break the game. Sometimes very literally. 'Oh, that’s gonna blow memory. Your Xbox will crash.'" I know of quite a few people playing with modded maxed out skill trees and it's not crashing the Xbox. Ugh.
I usually try to see an argument both ways and give the benefit of the doubt to the professionals, especially if I'm not capable of doing what I'm saying someone else should be doing better. But in this case, they need to drop whatever they're doing, throw out the playbook and just let the fans dictate where this goes, for better or for worse. This isn't like the fan-dictated fiasco with Mass Effect 3, there isn't any worthwhile lore here to fuck up, it's a bro-dude shoot-em-up. They should just listen to us and if we end up with game breaking glitches, well, we already know how that'll turn out because we have it now. Maybe breaking this game completely would make it fun again.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-08-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #58
futurechamp

Futurechamp's Gamercard
I dont understand why Randy thinks they have to add all this extra stuff if they increase the level cap. He keeps saying on his twitter and on these interviews that they would need to create a new playthough if they were to increase the cap.... why? playthough 2.5 adjusts to your level... so if they raise the cap to 60, then all the enemies would then be 60+... how hard is it to do that? pretty easy i would think
futurechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #59
mightysleigher

Mightysleigher's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieredsparowes View Post
I actually don't want to jump on the hate bandwagon regarding the Pitchford interview. I mean, he is right that the process has to be a lot more complicated this time around for increasing the level cap. They also seem to want a game balanced in such a certain way regarding loot drops and boss difficulty that implementing new skills or levels would just undue all of their current work. I have no doubt it's a maddening process.

That said, I really am at a loss as to why they feel the need to tune the game to the less than 1% of players out there that speed run raid bosses and farm for the best available loot. The main problem I have with it is that nobody at Gearbox is a player that they are balancing the game for. They are completely out of their element, and it is damaging the overall product for 100% of the players as a result.

It's disheartening because they have recently made changes that are for the better (removing raid boss lockouts, level 50s in the Torque machines, fixing of DLC bugs, and the list goes on). But here Pitchford is again basically saying "guys, it's really hard to make a game that the most dedicated players in the world can't trivialize, so you all have to suffer that fact with us." I thought we were over that, Gearbox.
I'm right there with you. I can understand their difficulties, but it really should have been a non-issue. They knew a level cap increase would eventually come, so they should have planned for it in the skill trees.
I'm really hoping this doesn't cause Gearbox to just say eff-it and give up on an increase. That would be sad indeed.
Likewise I was rather hopeful of good intentions with these recent hotfixes. And not to be a bearer of bad news, but the raid boss lockout is only temporary, until they figure out an issue with the lockout timers.
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/e...-may-not-reset
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #60
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurechamp View Post
I dont understand why Randy thinks they have to add all this extra stuff if they increase the level cap. He keeps saying on his twitter and on these interviews that they would need to create a new playthough if they were to increase the cap.... why? playthough 2.5 adjusts to your level... so if they raise the cap to 60, then all the enemies would then be 60+... how hard is it to do that? pretty easy i would think
Because they clearly have a middle-school dropout with a calculator running the show when they could probably pay someone like Bahroo half that guy's salary to sort the entire mess in the span of a weekend.