Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dark Souls 2 Interview.

So, Dark Souls 2 doesn't have its own forum yet, but this'll do.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...of-the-series/

Just after reading this interview, the last bit of it caused a chill down my spine.

''Weíve been taught that if the Fire Keeper dies, the bonfire they guard turns to cold ash. Letís hope this is the exception. Dark Souls II has the potential to be a dramatic departure indeed.''
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
I'm just hoping the new directors keep it as HC as DaS was. This is a series that will die if they try to make it mainstream.

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I still reserve judgment until the game is in my hands, but I will say that I get a little more worried with each new piece of information.

Miyazaki will be sorely missed!

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I gotta stop reading interviews about DS2...I only start to worry more and more lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Just by the simple fact that Miyazaki states: "Itís true that Iím sad about not being involved in the development of Dark Souls II, because Iíve worked on Demonís Souls and Dark Soulsí development for the past five years." tells me everything I need to know about how this went down. He got fucked! And no, it's not fucking time for fresh impressions! That's simply Miyazaki showing class and tact. Having absolutely adored every moment of Demon's souls and Dark Soul's I was thrilled to hear this series got it's legs and sold well enough to get a sequel. And now, just as it's becoming successful, they fucking jelly-finger the very person responsible for made these games so amazing.

Well, I guess this now has nowhere to go but up for me. Because my expectations for DS2 could not possibly be any lower.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Dark Anaconda

@ghost: This is sad to hear. This happened to the creator of Final Fantasy too (for example). He was extremly succesfull ,but got replaced by somebody else.

I hate this "replacements" so much, why change something/somebody when its already super good?

I can`t fucking understand that. Its like everytime something is successfull , the big bosses behind the companies get greedy as fuck and want to get more and more money as fast as possible, but with this fucked up behaviour they are destroying the work of the ones (the creators of the games we love), who brought the TRUE success/glory to the company.
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
"From Software's philosophy is not to get caught up chasing what's popular, but rather to make games on what we value. It's our companies most basic principle. Instead of saying, '"this other game is a hit, let's copy it,'" we put enormous emphasis on simply making the games we want to make." - Eiichi Nakajima, Sr. Managing Director

Sorry to tell you Eiichi Nakajima, but it sounds like Capcom doesn't agree with you.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
"From Software's philosophy is not to get caught up chasing what's popular, but rather to make games on what we value. It's our companies most basic principle. Instead of saying, '"this other game is a hit, let's copy it,'" we put enormous emphasis on simply making the games we want to make." - Eiichi Nakajima, Sr. Managing Director

Sorry to tell you Eiichi Nakajima, but it sounds like Capcom doesn't agree with you.
What does Capcom have to do with it? They're not related to Dark Souls in any way whatsoever.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
What does Capcom have to do with it? They're not related to Dark Souls in any way whatsoever.
I don't remember typing that but I probably meant Namco Bandai.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #10
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
I don't remember typing that but I probably meant Namco Bandai.
Oh okay. That makes more sense.

I really don't think there's any cause for concern yet. I'm going to be optimistic and wait to see some footage before I pass judgement on Dark Souls 2. Hopefully a lot of new information will be released at E3 this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they implement some of these new additions and changes.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I really don't think there's any cause for concern yet. I'm going to be optimistic and wait to see some footage before I pass judgement on Dark Souls 2. Hopefully a lot of new information will be released at E3 this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they implement some of these new additions and changes.
^THIS.^

It's a sequel - It'll be different game. but however it plays, it'll still be awesome because FromSoft are making it.
I personally can't wait to see how the online features have developed.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Echilion

Figure I'd post this here:

In Dark Souls 2, if you sin, a chariot will hunt you down. On my phone, cant post a link
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote