PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Hardest CoD Veteran Campaign?
CoD 5: Word at War 109 82.58%
CoD 4: Modern Warfare 19 14.39%
CoD 6: Modern Warfare 2 0 0%
CoD 7: Black Ops 4 3.03%
CoD 8: Modern Warfare 3 0 0%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #31
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I voted for WAW only because unknown to most historians, each German soldier in the defence of Berlin were equipped with an MP40 and 500 grenades.

COD 2 still remains hardest of all, mainly for the last few american missions.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #32
Jonny Killalot

Jonny Killalot's Gamercard
1)Cod Classic
2)Waw
3)Cod2
4)MW1
5)BO
6)MW2
7)MW3

Cod Classic was really hard , every level was pretty tough. No health regeneration. Waw was tough due to the nade spam. Cod2 had a few pretty tough missions. MW1's "No fighting in the war room" and "Mile high club" was pretty hard. Black Ops had that one mission near the end in that vehicle(can't remember the name) where you had to make that tough corner and kill a chopper and tons of ground soldiers with rpgs. MW2 and MW3 were pretty easy.

*Disclaimer Didn't add COD3 because I gave up on the campaign when I realized that it had a lot of MP achievements. Figured the servers were dead and once I figured out I wasn't going to get all the achievements I gave up the campaign. The little amount I played on it ,it was pretty tough.

1000Gs- Cod2, Cod4, Cod:WaW, Cod:MW2, Cod:Black Ops ,The Godfather (1250/1250), The Godfather ll, Civilization Rev, Fight Night Rd 3, Mass Effect 1 (1200/1200), Mass Effect 2 (1015/1015), Madden 06, Madden 08, Madden 09, College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NCAA Football 07, NCAA Football 08, NCAA Football 09, NCAA Football 10

200/200
Call of Duty Classic
Battlefield 1943
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
Jonny Killalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #33
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
World at War without a doubt.. from the ridiculous grenade spam to the infinite respawns of enemies; it was by far the hardest of the CoD's for me.

MW3 is by far the easiest.. I finished everything in the campaign on Veteran in just under 9 hours.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #34
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm not voting in this poll until all of the CoD games are represented here, and in the correct order.

And I don't just mean adding CoD Classic, CoD 2 and CoD 3. I'm talking about:
  • United Offensive (PC)
  • Finest Hour (Xbox, PS2 & Gamecube)
  • Big Red One (Xbox, PS2 & Gamecube)
  • Roads to Victory (PSP)
  • and all the Nintendo DS, Wii and mobile games
Who's to say that Finest Hour on the original Xbox isn't more difficult than World at War on the 360? It isn't in my opinion, but that's my point. You can't exclude any CoD game because someone may have found that Finest Hour on Veteran was way harder for them than World at War. This is an incomplete poll. I agree with Nozza. Unnecessary poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #35
Twood015

s7nc7tysf7nest's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
World at War was really hard - remember "Heart of Reich" on Veteran? That took me many many tries!
OMFG! THIS! The worse part is.... i did this on a different account because i recovered my tag on a friends box before I had any internet and after I got internet i couldntr remember my primarys password.... so not only did i beat the game on veteran... I DID IT FOR NOTHING. I since forgot about my old account (which has the cheevos for WaW) and i think xbox deleted it since it was inactive for so long. I've yet to try to beat it again.
Twood015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #36
Twood015

s7nc7tysf7nest's Gamercard
I also think CoD 2 should be on the list... I had a harder time on that one then MW1
Twood015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #37
Gerrit210

Ghostthehost22's Gamercard
Yeah I found Heart of the Reich to be insanely difficult by taking out all of the 4 Flak turrets. The problem I had throughout this game was the grenade spamming and AI's spawned at a fast pace. But I beat the entire game on veteran difficulty, just going for gamer points. And I know that I will never try it again.
Gerrit210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #38
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
Definitely waw
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #39
Jak798

Jak79897's Gamercard
Cod 3, but since it wasn't an option I chose WaW.
Jak798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
Jakez123
Steins;Jake

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
COD WAW - Heart of the REICH - Also known as the mission where you are physically assaulted with grenades.

Beating Dirty in Killer Instinct is as easy as 123
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
I would have to say World at War because I've yet to finish it on vet, the others I've done. Damn grenade spam!
totally agree with this guy and i also have yet to complete this on vet! should have been called granades at war, the AI grenade spam is rediculous!! stuck on heart of the riech (i think it is) but im sure with some patience ill eventually beat it.heard COD2 is tougher still? although its not listed in the poll,oh COD4 (modern warfare) is the toughest of the modern warfare titles although by no means impossible
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #42
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Out of this list, it has to be WAW and it was also my favourite out of this list as I prefer the old war games compared to modern or futuristic

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13.
Game Completion Percentage now at target of 90% 13/09/14

100% Completions on all Xbox One Games & apps
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #43
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgEnT STARZz View Post
WaW because of the nades! Then 3!

Mw only had 2 hard parts
Mw2, Bo and Mw3 are walk throughs
I agree with all except for the one about BO1 being easy. It wasn't the most difficult thing ever, but I did the that SOG, Executive Order, and Rebirth were the most difficult missions.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #44
Slaughter XBA
CAPITAL LETTERS

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My order would be as follows:
1. CoD: World at War
2. CoD: Modern Warfare
3. CoD: Black Ops
4. CoD: Modern Warfare 3
5. CoD: Modern Warfare 2
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #45
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
COD 3 was pretty tough in spots too.

WAW
COD2
COD3
COD4

The rest were on par with each other, much easier than the ones noted above.
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #46
DonTrombone7704

DonTrombone7704's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Considering all the COD games I've played and beaten so far, as of this writing, "World At War" was by far the hardest to complete on Veteran difficulty. Bar none! Both Black Ops and COD4 were a pain in the ass in terms of difficulty but neither hold a candle to WaW. I can't tell you how many times I've rage quit on individual levels. I actually rage quit on "Blowtorch and Corkscrew" numerous times and was actually forced to skip "Heart of the Reich" on Veteran difficulty and moved to "Downfall". Granted, "Downfall" was a pain in the ass but it was nothing like the solar system of worlds of butt hurt that "Heart of the Reich" was. Most of that mission was moderately difficult, typical of all Veteran levels but when you got to where the Soviets stormed the Reichstag, I swear to God, it became "Call of Duty: Dodge 40 Grenades". The grenades during HoTR were just maddening to where I actually broke a controller once in 2009. I've counted as many as eight grenade indicators on my screen and even when I took cover to avoid enemy fire, grenades suddenly landed on my ass and killed me. It took me years to go back and try again. I finally completed that level in 2012 and in terms of COD, beating this level and WaW on Veteran difficulty ranks among my proudest achievements to date. So in terms of which game was the most Hell to beat, "World At War" by far was the most nightmarish to beat but I'm proud to have done it and now WaW ranks among my favorite COD games to date.

As for the other Modern Warfare games, I've found the Treyarch side of the franchise to be far harder than the Infinate Ward side. Both MW2 and MW3 were much easier than COD 4, BO, and Waw in my opinion.

Last edited by DonTrombone7704; 04-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.
DonTrombone7704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #47
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterworld1@fsmail.net View Post
Out of this list, it has to be WAW and it was also my favourite out of this list as I prefer the old war games compared to modern or futuristic
Agreed, agreed and agreed!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #48
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Where IS COD1,COD2,COD3 GODDAMIT? Those where the hardest ones!

CoD4 was a tough in some parts but overall easy, CoD: WaW was easy except for two parts, one of them being the pre-last mission.

MW2, extreme cake
BO? What a joke.
MW3, what is this? Veteran? More like a regular.
BO2, what is this? Veteran? More like a regular.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #49
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
the way I look at it, WAW is the hardest given the fact I've beaten every one from 4 to MW3 without too much trouble, but I was missing like 4 missions from WAW. Grenades, grenades everywhere
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #50
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
WaW, the rest are all piss easy.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #51
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I voted for WAW only because unknown to most historians, each German soldier in the defence of Berlin were equipped with an MP40 and 500 grenades.

COD 2 still remains hardest of all, mainly for the last few american missions.

haha so true and they all seem to throw one at the same time and I have lost my voice for a week and broken a controller and now have a hole in my wall thanks to heart of the reich mission

waw also had infinite respawn unless you pushed forward. I also felt like it was a lot of luck too
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
CoD 2 easily.

Just that line in the first mission, "Grenades are expensive so we'll be using potatoes."

Then when the game begins,

Damn I'm so depressed.

Last edited by CHIRUNO99; 08-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #53
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
WORLD AT WAR without a doubt. Heart of the Reichstag almost made me throw my xbox out the window. It took me close to 100 tries to get past that level where you have to take out the anti-aircraft guns and get past that bunker. almost impossible. hardest I have ever played on a level.
TIGERBOOBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #54
TIGERBOOBOO

TIGERBOOBOO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
CoD 2 easily.

Just that line in the first mission, "Grenades are expensive so we'll be using potatoes."

Then when the game begins,

incorrect. while that one was tough it was not GRENADES AT WAR like in WORLD AT WAR.
TIGERBOOBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #55
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
COD WaW for sure but only because of the grenade party on veteran. For the rest there are a few parts of missions on COD 4 but that's it.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #56
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop QC View Post
COD WaW for sure but only because of the grenade party on veteran. For the rest there are a few parts of missions on COD 4 but that's it.
I agree, mile High Club was hard really and a few of the later missions were time consuming but thats it. WaW was both time consuming and difficult even with guides - and I consider myself a good CoD player.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #57
Triblade

Triblade's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Definitely WaW and it's stupid grenade shenanigans. It was also badly balanced and had some stupidly long checkpoints.
Triblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #58
EatMyChundy

Hardest out of your list would be World at War cause the enemies seem to have an infinite amount of grenades and the game had a few glitched checkpoints.

Currently looking to do: Black Ops 2- Origins DLC achievements (Not EE)
Hitman Absolutions MP achievements
Battlefield 3 Co Op Achievements
Black Ops 1 Ground Control
Fable 3 MP Achievements

GT: Eat My Chundy

Last edited by EatMyChundy; 03-17-2014 at 10:25 PM.
EatMyChundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #59
Venoxcide

Venoxcide's Gamercard
World At War just for that stupid Blowtorch and Corkscrew mission.
Venoxcide is offline   Reply With Quote