PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #31
Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino's Gamercard
I think this has massive potential, but the combat system fucking sucks. I mean the parry button is the same as the attack button? That's just poor game design. Don't understand exactly how you're meant to attack the bosses either. I kept getting raped by that wolf cyborg thing with the chainsaw tail.

Completed Retail: COD4, Oblivion (1250), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Harry Potter OOTP, Harry Potter HBP, Fallout 3 (1000), Tomb Raider Underworld (1000), L.A. Noire (1400), Captain America: Super Soldier, Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Mafia II (1000), Saints Row: The Third (1000), LEGO Harry Potter 1-4

Completed Arcade: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (250)
Mr Deftino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #32
bradengunn

BRAD3N GUNN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deftino View Post
I think this has massive potential, but the combat system fucking sucks. I mean the parry button is the same as the attack button? That's just poor game design. Don't understand exactly how you're meant to attack the bosses either. I kept getting raped by that wolf cyborg thing with the chainsaw tail.
In my opinion the best way to beat the bladewolf is to use the two RPG's from the previous area to take around 60% of his health away and then doing a slide attack (RT+Y) followed by a quick attack (X) (This normally knocks the boss of hiss feet allowing you to get in several hits). Hope this helps.

bradengunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #33
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
After playing the demo i wasnt blown away, in fact, the very first time i tried it out i absolutely hated it. But when i took my time and learned more of the fundamentals of the game i enjoyed it more. I jus finished playing DMC, which for those of u who havnt played it it is a solid game. This is coming from someone who has never played any of the past DMC games.

The combat in this game is much different than that of DMC. I noticed in this game enemies attack u no matter where they are and if they're on screen or not which i dislike. Its not that im not good enough to avoid the cheap tactics, its jus it would make me evade more often than i think should need to. I know the raiden is suppose to be fast and all but i feel the cutting of enemies doesnt feel heavy enough. Blade mode is a cool feature and i have no complaints there.

My second gripe with this game is with the protagonist raiden. I havnt played any of the other MGS so forgive me if my opinion seems uninformed but is it me or is raiden not as bad ass as i thought he was gonna be. IMO i think he talks too much and in the demo so far its been about freedom and righteous shit. Dude reminds me of captain america or a power ranger. I did not feel like a bad ass playing as him. Guess i will have to see more gameplay to be persuaded.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #34
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
After playing the demo i wasnt blown away, in fact, the very first time i tried it out i absolutely hated it. But when i took my time and learned more of the fundamentals of the game i enjoyed it more. I jus finished playing DMC, which for those of u who havnt played it it is a solid game. This is coming from someone who has never played any of the past DMC games.

The combat in this game is much different than that of DMC. I noticed in this game enemies attack u no matter where they are and if they're on screen or not which i dislike. Its not that im not good enough to avoid the cheap tactics, its jus it would make me evade more often than i think should need to. I know the raiden is suppose to be fast and all but i feel the cutting of enemies doesnt feel heavy enough. Blade mode is a cool feature and i have no complaints there.

My second gripe with this game is with the protagonist raiden. I havnt played any of the other MGS so forgive me if my opinion seems uninformed but is it me or is raiden not as bad ass as i thought he was gonna be. IMO i think he talks too much and in the demo so far its been about freedom and righteous shit. Dude reminds me of captain america or a power ranger. I did not feel like a bad ass playing as him. Guess i will have to see more gameplay to be persuaded.
Lol! If you think he isn't badass in this you should see him in MGS2.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
Xmoda
Banned User

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
game definitely is worth a grab
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #36
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
Raiden is known for specifically NOT being badass. In MGS2 he was pretty much like a new recruit that had to be babied through the whole game.

I know what you mean in the new one though, honestly a lot of the dialogue just kind of is meh to me, story will probably be my least favorite part of the game.

I finally got the demo... on PS3 because I was sucking of moving my Xbox downstairs to see if it was there yet. So I'm probably going to learn the buttons backwards before actually getting the game.

Demo Thoughts:
I definitely like the game from what I have played, mostly its fun, here are some problems I had:

-Already mentioned story is kind of meh.
-Sometimes when I tried to enter blade mode it flips me around away from the enemy.
-I can't figure out how I'm suppose to collect left hands.

Other than that the combat is great and cutting stuff up is fun, I'm kind of amused the game even bothered to keep an alert system.

Last edited by d0ct0rscarecr0w; 02-02-2013 at 01:01 AM.
d0ct0rscarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
snake2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
Raiden is known for specifically NOT being badass. In MGS2 he was pretty much like a new recruit that had to be babied through the whole game.

I know what you mean in the new one though, honestly a lot of the dialogue just kind of is meh to me, story will probably be my least favorite part of the game.

I finally got the demo... on PS3 because I was sucking of moving my Xbox downstairs to see if it was there yet. So I'm probably going to learn the buttons backwards before actually getting the game.

Demo Thoughts:
I definitely like the game from what I have played, mostly its fun, here are some problems I had:

-Already mentioned story is kind of meh.
-Sometimes when I tried to enter blade mode it flips me around away from the enemy.
-I can't figure out how I'm suppose to collect left hands.

Other than that the combat is great and cutting stuff up is fun, I'm kind of amused the game even bothered to keep an alert system.
Left hands have no use in the demo but you use blade mode to get them in the full game. The Blade Mode glitch is well known and will likely be fixed in the full game.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #38
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I really liked the demo too and now I'm definitely gonna grab this. Hopefully day 1
Can't wait to try different weapons!

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #39
Missior Mattchu

missior mattchu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenth Forbias View Post
Ugh. This demo was a massive disappointment for me. I didn't plan on purchasing this game, but the demo solidified that. Like most people, I didn't get the parry system down until the 10th or so time fighting the boss mech dog thing.

The Blade Mode just seem clunky. The camera on it is way too slow. I sat there hitting the mechs and they somehow got behind me and I'd end up wasting whatever left of the timer trying to turn around to hit.

Also, Who the hell likes Raiden? Ugh. Give me a game about Meryl over a game about Raiden. :/
I really gotta agree with you on all points made. I don't like the clunky feel, and the storyline that revolves around Raiden. I feel like this is an attempt by Hideo and Kojima to get us all to like him more, while appealing to full on action gamers, but I'm not feeling it. I love all studios in involved with this game too, which makes it that much more depressing. Just my two cents anyway. I'll pick it up for like $10 one day. :/
Missior Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Frankly I thought it SUCKED. The only good looking thing in this Demo was RAIDEN "NO HOMO".
Old 02-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #41
Vitamin Dean

CMxDean's Gamercard
Can't believe the game doesn't have a dodge/evade button, it would transform the game play.
Vitamin Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #42
AthanatosHD

athanatos hd's Gamercard
I did not even like the demo it was not metal gear to me instead more like DMC i fought it was terrible....but I will rent this game and give it a fair chance.
AthanatosHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #43
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Massive MGS fan, but this demo sucked, I hated it, the blade feature is not as cool as I thought it would be, no evade, generic enemies, Raiden looks stupid, the controls are clunky, and the Codec guys are just annoying. Will pass on this.

On a plus note tho the GFX were pretty nice.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 39
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote