PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
eternaldark006

Shireidark's Gamercard
Initial thoughts

I can't believe how ugly this game looks. It feels very Garry's mod like which makes me sad. I would really like a good game set in the walking dead world. I dont this game is going to be the one tho.
eternaldark006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Celtics200918

Celtics200918's Gamercard
We haven't even seen game footage yet.
Celtics200918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Celtics200918

Celtics200918's Gamercard
There was some game footage but they already said that it was very old and they have improved it a lot since then.
Celtics200918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I'm looking forward to another WD Game and definately going to give it a try!

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It's The Walking Dead... warrants a try. I'm hoping like most people that it isn't going to be some trashy money making title, lets hope it's a decent one!

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
It's The Walking Dead... warrants a try. I'm hoping like most people that it isn't going to be some trashy money making title, lets hope it's a decent one!
Take a look here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=422235

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 02-11-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think its going to be a great game. You guys cant judge it by just the trailer now. Come on.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet PinkiePie View Post
I think its going to be a great game. You guys cant judge it by just the trailer now. Come on.
Isn't that kinda what trailers are for, to help form opinions? Either way it still reeks of cash in.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
Midnight_Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Isn't that kinda what trailers are for, to help form opinions? Either way it still reeks of cash in.
Not really, most trailers dont look like the game in the end. Dead island was one of them.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I personally think Survival Instinct will be critically panned, like Aliens: Colonial Marines, but a few select fans of The Walking Dead franchise will enjoy it no matter the quality.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
StayonTarget
Angry Irishman

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Everyone bitches about Minecraft and look at where that is. Just because graphics are bad doesn't mean the game will be. How hard is that to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Everyone bitches about Minecraft and look at where that is. Just because graphics are bad doesn't mean the game will be. How hard is that to understand?
Minecraft doesn't have bad graphics.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Midnight_Jasper

Quote:
Minecraft doesn't have bad graphics.
Really? Its minecraft, everything is boxy the graphics are bad but doesnt mean the game is bad. Telltales Walking dead game doesnt have the best graphics.

I hate call of duty and they have had the same graphics forever and are terrible. Seems like every 12 year old loves that game.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Really? Its minecraft, everything is boxy the graphics are bad but doesnt mean the game is bad. Telltales Walking dead game doesnt have the best graphics.

I hate call of duty and they have had the same graphics forever and are terrible. Seems like every 12 year old loves that game.
It's opinion based, I find Minecraft has fine graphics. It's simple, clean and fits the theme nicely.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Skorpion XBA

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
What exactly are your standards? CoD may not have the best graphics but they aren't terrible. Or is it that you hate CoD so therefore you hate everything about it? Just wondering.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
Midnight_Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Ravisher View Post
What exactly are your standards? CoD may not have the best graphics but they aren't terrible. Or is it that you hate CoD so therefore you hate everything about it? Just wondering.
If they upgraded their engine everything wouldnt be so bad, their graphics are bad considering the call of duty franchise. I ddont hate call of duty, I just dont find some of it worthy of having a big craze.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #17
StayonTarget
Angry Irishman

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's opinion based, I find Minecraft has fine graphics. It's simple, clean and fits the theme nicely.
No you're right. Minecraft has decent graphics. But it's still a 64 bit game (I believe? I know everything in the game works as a multiple of 8). Which in current days is still a bit meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
No you're right. Minecraft has decent graphics. But it's still a 64 bit game (I believe? I know everything in the game works as a multiple of 8). Which in current days is still a bit meh.
Sure they aren't photo-realistic but hey they fit the theme of the game and that's all that matters in my eyes.

Plus if it's the end of the world, there has always been super high res texture packs.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
I hate call of duty
Quote:
I ddont hate call of duty
Indecisive much?

OT: People who base the worth of a game on graphics are almost as idiotic as those who base it off of the achievement list. Yes the graphics aren't up to par with some of the recent games, but doesn't change the fact the game itself may be good.

Honestly I'm not keeping my hopes high for this game, since it seems rushed, the videos are mediocre at best, and the price drop. So maybe I'll be surprised, but probably won't be disappointed.

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #20
RaZeDieFox

RaZeDieFox's Gamercard
I'm looking forward to this game regardless of everyone's take. Some games with huge hype suck, some with no hype end up being great. There's never any way to know how a game will turn out.

And to each his own... everyone has different opinions on games. For example, I love football games, yet gave up on them because I think Madden has been garbage since the release of the 360, the last good one was '07 on regular xbox. Many people disagree with me and think the new Madden games are amazing. They have their opinions, I have mine.

Also, on the topic of Walking Dead, I recently bought the TTG Walking Dead and I loved it, but my sisters boyfriend took one look and hated it. There will never be a game that lives up to the expectations some people put on it.

100%(23): 1550 (1), 1250 (1), 1000 (20), 500 (1)

In Progress:
RaZeDieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #21
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I will definitely be giving this game a rent, as I love The Walking Dead, and would enjoy more content. Regardless of graphics, or the achievement list, I will be giving this game a go.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I dunno feels like blatant cash-in. I'm not usually too hard on graphics, but Jebus that's some fugly graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #23
schmageggey92

2 things: 1) Aliens: Colonial Marines boasted all these things i.e. rich story, varied gameplay, good graphics etc., when it came it, it was like a pre-alpha version, so blame Gearbox. 2) The latest trailer of this game make it look good. The graphics aren't revolutionary, but it's not all about graphics. The gameplay looks pretty solid.
schmageggey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
It has bad graphics, which makes me happy! I seem to enjoy games with bad graphics a hell of alot more than games that only focus on graphics (halo and gears are big exceptions) but games like call of doody have the WORST bullet registration and most linear gameplay ever. Is this game co op? If it is im sold!
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #25
schmageggey92

Unfortunately it doesn't have coop. I'm still excited.
schmageggey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #26
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Watched the first ten minutes and I'm still not convinced yet, might rent it first.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #27
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
well been playing games since pong hit our screens and i am more than someone that judges a game on its graphics, i have played amazing games with dire graphics and have also played the opposite. my son knocks fifa because when the ball hits the net the net didnt react correctly ARE U KIDDING ME the game looks and plays amazing.I will play it and judge it then, i would knock it more for great graphics and then have slowdown in places.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #28
Jissi

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I have just played it for 2 hours.

Ugly graphics? Yes.
Awesome atmosphere? Yes.

You decide.

The enviroment is okayish, definitely not next gen. The character models, zombies and human are really outdated. I wish it was Dead Island quality. The fighting is also a chore, shove with RB then hit with RT, repeat 3-4 times and zombie is down. You can sneak up on them for an execution, that is always fun even if repetitive.

The gameplay though is exciting. You go around every broken car, house that you can get into, to scavenge food, supplies, ammunition, survivors and to do the optional quests. It is quite enjoyable to crouch around the corners with only your flashlight on, scanning the rooms before entering. The side missions are ok so far.

When you enter a settlement, you can send your fellow survivors ala Last Stand to look for supplies, with a risk of them dying. You can equip them with the items that you have found earlier. When leaving, you can decide if you want to go on safe roads or back roads, with different risk of breakdown, scavenging opportunities and fuel consumption.

All in all, I kinda like it.
Jissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #29
streetunderpt

streetunderpt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jissi View Post
I have just played it for 2 hours.

Ugly graphics? Yes.
Awesome atmosphere? Yes.

You decide.

The enviroment is okayish, definitely not next gen. The character models, zombies and human are really outdated. I wish it was Dead Island quality. The fighting is also a chore, shove with RB then hit with RT, repeat 3-4 times and zombie is down. You can sneak up on them for an execution, that is always fun even if repetitive.

The gameplay though is exciting. You go around every broken car, house that you can get into, to scavenge food, supplies, ammunition, survivors and to do the optional quests. It is quite enjoyable to crouch around the corners with only your flashlight on, scanning the rooms before entering. The side missions are ok so far.

When you enter a settlement, you can send your fellow survivors ala Last Stand to look for supplies, with a risk of them dying. You can equip them with the items that you have found earlier. When leaving, you can decide if you want to go on safe roads or back roads, with different risk of breakdown, scavenging opportunities and fuel consumption.

All in all, I kinda like it.
How good is the story?
- You only get to play both brothers or only daryl?
- How open is the game? buildings to search for items? towns?
- Can you drive cars?
- The missions are fun? what you need to do?
- Does it have side-missions?
- Does it get repetitive?
- How long does it take to complete the game at 100%? (do all missions,side-missions, collectibles?)
streetunderpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Jissi

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
So far I have only played Daryl.
Open in a sense of small locations, so dont think in a GTA way. A few streets with some buildings that you can enter.
No car driving so far and based upon the mechanism I dont expect at all.
I like them. The main mission in each location has multiple steps. Ie: find fuel for the car, once you find the station then fetch a key for the generator, then fill the can and run for your life.
There are several side missions, though you have to find the quest givers in order to activate them.
It does, as the fight is very boring and lacks challenge.
For all achievements it seems to need multiple playthrough as I couldnt find a way to save to multiple slots.
Jissi is offline   Reply With Quote