PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #91
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonshire View Post
There's really no point to go for more ancestors and reveal more unnecessary keys, maps, temples, PoE's...What more do you need to stop the sun from throwing a flame-booger at the Earth, really?
Well, I think that what Minerva says about how they "stopped" Juno will be the new reason to go back into the past. The First Civilization must have had a way to lock her up, and recovering this method this will no doubt involve a series of fetch quests and temple explorations.

As for my vote on the ending: big thumbs down. After all those Juno visits where she talks about their attempts to stop the cataclysm, Desmond palms a globe to...to do what, exactly? Calm the sun? Shield the Earth? The news reports make it sound like the process started and then faded away. A pretty serious cop-out.

I could care less about Desmond; he was never anything but a bookend for the historical exploration. But a cinematic in which he pushes a button was lame, as was watching Haytham and Lee die during non-interactive movies. How did Ubi not know we'd want a visceral payoff?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #92
Rolks

rolks's Gamercard
On the whole, I like the game. The story was okay too. Not the best of the ACs, but still decent.

But I did have a huge problem with the ending. What no one here has mentioned is that Desmond made the WRONG choice. If you paid attention to the story in all five games, you know by now that the Templars stand for order and peace through control. The Assassin's oppose this not because they dislike order and peace, but because they support free will.

The Assassin's CREED is "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Heck, even the conversations between Conner and Haythem highlight this difference. When Haythem scolds Conner for promoting chaos, Conner retorts that free will is more important.

When Desmond is faced between the two choices presented by Minerva and Juno, Minerva's position is obviously that of the Assassins and Juno's is that of the Templars. Juno seeks to save the world by suppressing it. After all he has been through, how can Desmond side with Juno!!!!

THAT is why I did not like the ending. I was okay with Desmond dying. I was not okay with him choosing the Templar position.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #93
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolks View Post
On the whole, I like the game. The story was okay too. Not the best of the ACs, but still decent.

But I did have a huge problem with the ending. What no one here has mentioned is that Desmond made the WRONG choice. If you paid attention to the story in all five games, you know by now that the Templars stand for order and peace through control. The Assassin's oppose this not because they dislike order and peace, but because they support free will.

The Assassin's CREED is "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Heck, even the conversations between Conner and Haythem highlight this difference. When Haythem scolds Conner for promoting chaos, Conner retorts that free will is more important.

When Desmond is faced between the two choices presented by Minerva and Juno, Minerva's position is obviously that of the Assassins and Juno's is that of the Templars. Juno seeks to save the world by suppressing it. After all he has been through, how can Desmond side with Juno!!!!

THAT is why I did not like the ending. I was okay with Desmond dying. I was not okay with him choosing the Templar position.
I think you are being to harsh on the decision Desmond made. Both options presented to Desmond were really bad. I am definitely in strong favor of free will, but I too would probably have done what Desmond did. His immediate priority was to save the lives of billions. Free will doesn't mean much to those people if they are dead. As Desmond explained, once the crisis with sun was over, humanity could then rise up (exercising its free will) to fight Juno. He had hope an faith that humanity would eventually find its way on the right path. Basically, I think that's what we'll see in subsequent AC games.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #94
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The story was great up until the end, you struggling to figure out who was really the bad guy in the story.

The end though sucked, i mean were did Minerva go after Desmond's encounter with her under the Colosseum? Also, why did we not see any templars in the final scene? with absertgo hunting them you would think that right as the assassins where about to "win" the templars would show up to try and stop them.

I really hope for a giant DLC or even another game that will hopefully put an end to the series because i was left with more questions like did Desmond die, what happens when Juno was set free, did abstergo know about this and did the plan anything about it?

For what Ubisoft has said about answering a lot of question, they sure created a lot more to be answered.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #95
chadhenry81

Chad Henry 81's Gamercard
Yeah me too. The Animus story was good, but present day didnt deliver imo.
chadhenry81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #96
robpears

Game Over Drunk's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Football Manager Tournament 3rd Place
I don't think Desmond is dead, mainly because I don't think that they would be so stupid as to kill off the main character of a francise that they milk money out of people every November.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #97
Crims0nPenguin

Crims0n Penguin's Gamercard
I think what disappointing me the most was the lack of choice... Desmond chose absolute security over absolute freedom. Contrary to what the assassins believed an more on par with Templar ideology...

When thinking about it in a long term perspective, Desmond's teaching would be twisted into controlling others, however wouldn't this just respawn the Assassin order? Isn't that why the assassin's came into play? To free mankind? At least as humans they have a chance. Where as releasing a god upon humanity wouldn't give the humans much choice. They'd be subjected to absolute tyranny and have no power over a being that is far more superior and advanced than they are.
Crims0nPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #98
PoopingFish

Poopingfish's Gamercard
I absolutely love this series. The stories are so creative (typically) so when AC3 ended I felt quite the letdown. Just lacked the creativity I had experienced throughout the series.
PoopingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #99
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
In defense of Ubisoft, we have been warned ahead of time what would happen to Desmond. They wanted him out of the picture. But offing him like this? Big letdown for sure.

Also, 12/21/12, still kickin. Guess the Precursors were wrong. Unless a Desmond in real life just took the piss too, and now we're all slaves for a crazy Juno?

Wait, that's nothing to smile about... shit.

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 12-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #100
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
A cut scene to kill Haytham and Lee - would have preferred to kill them myself!

Now finished, well the main story anyway, just a few Homestead and Naval missions left, even though it was glitchy I enjoyed it, the time played in stats and still going stands at 70 hours!

I didn't mind the ending, hopefully opens up for a sequel.

Last edited by cjdavies; 02-03-2013 at 02:51 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #101
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
The game was damn glitchy but I liked AC 3 a lot, And loved the Connar's saga the man is a warrior whom I respect although I loved Ezio, one of my most fav characters of this Gen. So back to topic, I liked how Connar story ends but I think there is room for Connar's sequel, How will they do it I don't know probably an Animus only game this year and proper next gen sequeal with real world next year, that's my bet. Because Connar's ending leaves room for further story plus I would love to see his end of days.

As far as Desmond's concerned:

I think that we will be able to store Desmonds memory/his essence not his being by some way, not sure how but he will be in the cloud like 16 may be....(Pivots also hint at this)

This is not the end, that's for sure. Desmond has to prove his worth considering cross too is dead and Assassins are in heap world of trouble, there is no way for another Assassin to become leader or shining symbol of hope for them. So we need someone to carry on the fight.... William Miles may be, there is not enough time for someone to become super Assassin to fight the Juno unless someone's experiencing Desmond's Memories in all 5 Games
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #102
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Connor's ending = decent
Desmond's ending = terrible but glad he's done

IMO I think they should've just kept the conflict between Templars and the Assassins and not bring in gods and preventing apocalypses.

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote