PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For those who complained about no stealth....

A difficulty mode which is basically old school mode. No executes, no goggles, no last know position etc

I'm sure you will all find something else to complain about but should put the "but it's not stealth!" arguments to bed.

Made me even more excited for this game
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Meta-Mode, Purist Mode, Traditionalist Mode.

Call it what you may, I like that they plan to add that in. My only small complaint, are the little upgrades you can buy. But I won't go too much into that.

Also, please don't tell me those "loadouts" are for the Campaign...

Looking forward to the game!
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't think zero goggles is really true to the traditional Splinter Cell playstyle, but at any rate I've read that you can go through the traditional campaign with complete stealth and that they've brought back body dragging and the ability to knock out people instead of instantly killing them. Not to mention they've brought back gadgets like the Stick Shocker. Having these traditional features is great for fans of the classic Splinter Cell like myself while having the newer additions of Conviction still present to appeal to newer fans of the series and people looking for more action than stealth. So long as both options are available 100%, that's all that should matter.

I still personally think they should've retired Sam Fisher for a younger Splinter Cell operative. Even keeping Sam off the field as a contact would've been fine because that means Michael Ironside could've kept his character. But we're getting traditional gameplay and Spies vs Mercs, so this game is 100% win so far. My only hope is the return of SvM doesn't suffer from being made more "accessible" like so many games today. Chaos Theory is the last truly enjoyable multiplayer experience I've played, so I hope they can preserve that feel.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Should've been clearer in my post, it's not no goggles, it just goggles that can't see through walls. Although you could play it no goggles if you want, just don't use them. You can also whistle to get guard's attention.

I was never into SvM so I won't really have anything to compare the new version to. While it shouldn't just be "pick up and play" easy, it shouldn't have too much of a learning curve either because that's partly why I never played it before. I was late getting the game and everyone was pretty much an expert at that point, I didn't stand a chance and it wasn't fun to play.

The BiggD, from what I can tell the loadouts thing is for campaign. What's wrong with that though? You can have different setups depending on how you want to play the game. You can upgrade/change equipment so you can play each level/situation differently from the last time. i.e. there is a suit option that offers less protection than the default but makes your movements quieter, you'd obviously want that if you were going for a stealth playthrough but if you felt like running and gunning you'd want more protection. And you can just change your loadout instead of going and changing each indidual peice of equipment each time.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Rivercurse
 
Rivercurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,569
Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Pretty cool video. Thanks for posting.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
But we're getting traditional gameplay and Spies vs Mercs, so this game is 100% win so far. My only hope is the return of SvM doesn't suffer from being made more "accessible" like so many games today. Chaos Theory is the last truly enjoyable multiplayer experience I've played, so I hope they can preserve that feel.
Have you not ever played either of the Rainbow 6 Vegas games, or even the first Modern Warfare (the only one that was good). There have been plenty and plenty of games with a good Multiplayer experience since Chaos Theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
The BiggD, from what I can tell the loadouts thing is for campaign. What's wrong with that though? You can have different setups depending on how you want to play the game. You can upgrade/change equipment so you can play each level/situation differently from the last time. i.e. there is a suit option that offers less protection than the default but makes your movements quieter, you'd obviously want that if you were going for a stealth playthrough but if you felt like running and gunning you'd want more protection. And you can just change your loadout instead of going and changing each indidual peice of equipment each time.
Well I just feel that if you have three different classes to choose from while playing Campaign, I'm assuming you'll be able to switch whenever you want. Which is lame because then you can pause the game and switch your loadout mid-combat and it makes the game too easy.

Starting the mission with a pre-determined loadout or even having only one customized loadout is a better approach.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
heyimdalton
 
heyimdalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charleston
Posts: 65

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Well I just feel that if you have three different classes to choose from while playing Campaign, I'm assuming you'll be able to switch whenever you want. Which is lame because then you can pause the game and switch your loadout mid-combat and it makes the game too easy.

Starting the mission with a pre-determined loadout or even having only one customized loadout is a better approach.
I would say it's gonna be like conviction, where you could only change your loadout at the weapon stashes. There was only like 2 or 3 per mission so it's not like you can do whatever you want.
__________________
heyimdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
DEG23
Listening to 1989
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,617

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
A difficulty mode which is basically old school mode. No executes, no goggles, no last know position etc

I'm sure you will all find something else to complain about but should put the "but it's not stealth!" arguments to bed.
I hate to be "that guy" but no executes, goggles, last known position, has nothing to do with stealth. Sonar goggles are a piece of equipment that do not determine if you play stealthily or aggressively, they merely serve as an option.

I want to know if i can play the game like i did in the original or Chaos Theory. Can i use objects to cause distractions so i can slip past undetected. Can i shoot out lights and time my movements, or will i be funneled through sections where the only way to pass is to shoot everyone in the room like i was forced to in Conviction?

That is what i interpret as a "stealth" game.

And as for loadouts, i think that looks to be an interesting inclusion, i just hope there is no in level weapons boxes/pickups, nothing says realism like weapon boxes every couple of rooms
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #9
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimdalton View Post
I would say it's gonna be like conviction, where you could only change your loadout at the weapon stashes. There was only like 2 or 3 per mission so it's not like you can do whatever you want.
True. Even that could work. Say, every 3-4 checkpoints you can edit your loadout from the weapons crate/stash.

As long as you're not able to change between three loadouts during mid-game, I'll be okay with it.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Well I just feel that if you have three different classes to choose from while playing Campaign, I'm assuming you'll be able to switch whenever you want. Which is lame because then you can pause the game and switch your loadout mid-combat and it makes the game too easy.

Starting the mission with a pre-determined loadout or even having only one customized loadout is a better approach.
I don't think I've ever played a game the has campaign loadouts that lets you pause and instantly change your loadout. At the very least it will wait until you die to let you change. I'd say that's fair enough because if you are struggling to do a part and keep dying that could be very useful. I'd expect it will be more like Conviction though with weapon stashes at checkpoints. But your suit and equipment like goggles will only be changeable before missions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I hate to be "that guy" but no executes, goggles, last known position, has nothing to do with stealth. Sonar goggles are a piece of equipment that do not determine if you play stealthily or aggressively, they merely serve as an option.

I want to know if i can play the game like i did in the original or Chaos Theory. Can i use objects to cause distractions so i can slip past undetected. Can i shoot out lights and time my movements, or will i be funneled through sections where the only way to pass is to shoot everyone in the room like i was forced to in Conviction?

That is what i interpret as a "stealth" game.
Did you watch the video? Or any of the many other videos that have been put out over the last few days? Ubi have said they know fans want CT-style stealth and have included it if you want to play it that way. I don't know if you can throw objects but you can whistle to get the attention of the guards. Of course you can shoot out lights, Ubi aren't going to remove that, it was present in Conviction and it will be in this one.
No/limited goggles, no executes and no last known position does have an impact on how you play. If you try to aggressively run into a room full of enemies that you have to take out one-by-one, and they are all shooting at you, you won't last long. Even on the easiest difficulty it doesn't take much to die in SC games. And you aren't going to run round blindly without first taking your time to scope out the area to see what enemies are around. It will slow your game down.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Rapturous Rich
 
Rapturous Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,666

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey Steph! Long time to see!

Thanks for the vid!
__________________
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I don't think I've ever played a game the has campaign loadouts that lets you pause and instantly change your loadout. At the very least it will wait until you die to let you change. I'd say that's fair enough because if you are struggling to do a part and keep dying that could be very useful. I'd expect it will be more like Conviction though with weapon stashes at checkpoints. But your suit and equipment like goggles will only be changeable before missions.
FPS/TPS games usually just have you start out the Chapter/Mission with a pre-determined weapon or two and then it's up to you to pick up ammo/weapons off dead enemies. Changing mid-game at all (by pause menu or death) isn't something I would like personally. With that said, I'll wait and see what's final before further judging the whole loadout stuff.

Still pumped for this game. I can't wait!
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
FPS/TPS games usually just have you start out the Chapter/Mission with a pre-determined weapon or two and then it's up to you to pick up ammo/weapons off dead enemies. Changing mid-game at all (by pause menu or death) isn't something I would like personally. With that said, I'll wait and see what's final before further judging the whole loadout stuff.

Still pumped for this game. I can't wait!
Well if it does let you change mid-level and you are against that, then just don't use it. Simple
Can't wait either though, looks like it's going to be pretty amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Hey Steph! Long time to see!


Thanks for the vid!
Hey! You're welcome.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #14
DEG23
Listening to 1989
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,617

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Did you watch the video? Or any of the many other videos that have been put out over the last few days? Ubi have said they know fans want CT-style stealth and have included it if you want to play it that way. I don't know if you can throw objects but you can whistle to get the attention of the guards. Of course you can shoot out lights, Ubi aren't going to remove that, it was present in Conviction and it will be in this one.
I'm not saying it won't be a stealth game, from what i've seen of videos it does seem to have a greater stealth element than what Conviction did, all i mean is there is a difference between being able to stealth through a section (like shown in videos) and stealth your way through the entire game.

I lost count of how may times i played through the original 3 games trying to find different paths and methods of getting through the game using stealth. By the end i managed to get through all 3 killing only mission critical people, i didn't even knock anyone else out but rather used gadgets and patience.

I tried doing this in Conviction and found the levels were so tight, and being an 'action' title, there were many areas where i was forced to shoot my way through. Not so much because of the level design or patience on my part but because i didn't have many of the resources to play in a stealthily way.

I guess i'm cautious as to whether Blacklist will actually deliver a complete stealth option or will it be only certain parts that can be played like traditional Splinter Cell?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #15
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I can't possibly be the only person who played Double Agent here...why is it never brought up of being apart of the 'better' stealth titles with the original three?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Well if it does let you change mid-level and you are against that, then just don't use it. Simple
Valid point. August can't come soon enough. I'm pretty pumped for this SC title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I lost count of how may times i played through the original 3 games trying to find different paths and methods of getting through the game using stealth. By the end i managed to get through all 3 killing only mission critical people, i didn't even knock anyone else out but rather used gadgets and patience.
You and I both. Clearing a mission with the use of gadgets only is what made the earlier games more enjoyable. Conviction almost forced you to rely on "mark-and-excute" and killing everyone rather than sneaking past everyone or distracting them.

EDIT: Is it confirmed if the whistle will return?
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~

Last edited by BiggD; 02-03-2013 at 02:37 AM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I can't possibly be the only person who played Double Agent here...why is it never brought up of being apart of the 'better' stealth titles with the original three?
I loved Double Agent, I don't think it's that popular though. No idea why.
Quote:
Is it confirmed if the whistle will return?
Yes. I thought it was in the video I posted but if not there are lots of sources that confirm it. Hitting back on the controller will whistle, and I believe if you have Kinect you can say things like "Hey" and Sam will say it in game, attracting the guards.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
Rapturous Rich
 
Rapturous Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,666

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I can't possibly be the only person who played Double Agent here...why is it never brought up of being apart of the 'better' stealth titles with the original three?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I loved Double Agent, I don't think it's that popular though. No idea why.
I loved Double Agent too - although I'm hard-pushed to decide between which version I liked more, this gen or last gen. This gen of course looked and played better but last gen was more like the classic formula I was so used to.
This entire thread has got me wanting to play lots of Splinter Cell now, haha.
__________________
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I loved Double Agent, I don't think it's that popular though. No idea why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
I loved Double Agent too - although I'm hard-pushed to decide between which version I liked more, this gen or last gen.
Shame it isn't as popular. I loved that game - good to know I'm not the only one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Yes. I thought it was in the video I posted but if not there are lots of sources that confirm it. Hitting back on the controller will whistle, and I believe if you have Kinect you can say things like "Hey" and Sam will say it in game, attracting the guards.
Sweet And although I don't have/plan to ever use/get the Kinect, that sounds kinda fun actually, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
This entire thread has got me wanting to play lots of Splinter Cell now, haha.
You and I both! Times like these really have me wishing we had the Splinter HD Collection that the PS3 got
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Sweet And although I don't have/plan to ever use/get the Kinect, that sounds kinda fun actually, lol.
I have Kinect (for now, considering selling) but I can't say I'm fussed at all about any Kinect features in this or any game. If anything it could be annoying. Getting through a quiet part, someone comes in my room and says "Hey...*whatever*" and before I know it a guard has been alerted. Nah. I prefer old school whistling.
Quote:
You and I both! Times like these really have me wishing we had the Splinter HD Collection that the PS3 got
And me. Going to play some Conviction and/or Double Agent tomorrow I think
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #20
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
If anything it could be annoying. Getting through a quiet part, someone comes in my room and says "Hey...*whatever*" and before I know it a guard has been alerted. Nah. I prefer old school whistling.

And me. Going to play some Conviction and/or Double Agent tomorrow I think
I could see that being extremely annoying

I might have to do the same some time in the summer to get myself ready for Blacklist!
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #21
DEG23
Listening to 1989
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,617

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I just assumed everyone posting here had played double agent I only played the current gen version which was good and had the traditional stealth element, but overall i found i didn't have the freedom i had in the original trilogy. The levels were very linear but still a great addition to the series.

Kinect voice commands looks like a nice addition, only problem is in game voices. I've been playing through Mass Effect 3 ATM and every time someone in game says something like grenade or flare, next thing you know there's huge explosion. I can just imagine Sam sneaking up on a terrorist only to have the terrorist say something like whistle or something that sounds like whistle and Sam starts playing a tune
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #22
Rapturous Rich
 
Rapturous Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,666

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
You and I both! Times like these really have me wishing we had the Splinter HD Collection that the PS3 got
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
And me. Going to play some Conviction and/or Double Agent tomorrow I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I might have to do the same some time in the summer to get myself ready for Blacklist!
Well last night I saw I had some MSP and that Chaos Theory is 800 so bought that! Also went and downloaded Double Agent too since my disc drive is buggered and barely registers discs any more so digital is the way for me now!
It is a pity we didn't get the HD Trilogy pack like PS3. Also, wasn't the franchise Xbox exclusive with the first one (and Conviction?) so why would PS3 get an exclusive HD re-release!
I CALL SHENANIGANS!
__________________
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
BiggD
10 Days Until Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,362

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
It is a pity we didn't get the HD Trilogy pack like PS3. Also, wasn't the franchise Xbox exclusive with the first one (and Conviction?) so why would PS3 get an exclusive HD re-release!
I CALL SHENANIGANS!
Shenanigans is an understatement! Ubisoft MUST give us an HD Trilogy Remake!
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 10 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!
 
StayonTarget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 8,138
Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I like "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all" mentality. Instead of putting half assed modes they don't put it in at all.
__________________
Looking for people to casually play Forza Horizon 2 on the X1! Message me!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I have Kinect (for now, considering selling) but I can't say I'm fussed at all about any Kinect features in this or any game. If anything it could be annoying. Getting through a quiet part, someone comes in my room and says "Hey...*whatever*" and before I know it a guard has been alerted. Nah. I prefer old school whistling.
Heh, this reminds me of an old Rainbow 6 commercial:


I'm looking forward to the Kinect features personally.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Shenanigans is an understatement! Ubisoft MUST give us an HD Trilogy Remake!
Trust me, you don't want the Splinter Cell HD Trilogy pack. If they redo it from scratch, maybe, but I have the PS3 version and it's pretty awful. Game-breaking glitches, scripting events failing to trigger, game saves magically deleting themselves, cutscenes weren't converted to widescreen but instead were stretched so everything is awfully distorted. My recommendation is just pick up original copies for the Xbox. All 3 original SCs work on the 360, about as well as you would expect, if you don't have an original Xbox (or PS2 or Gamecube) anymore.) I recently picked up all 3 originals so I could relive them before Blacklist. Just finished the 1st one and working on Pandora's Box now. If only I could play Spies Vs. Mercs...
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 AM.