PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Jesterds

Fifa 13 - formation advice.

Okay so I'm using the latest squad and playing as QPR. I made a few roster changes that I will mention. I am not sure what formation would get the most from my roster but would like all ideas explained. I'm currently running 4-1-2-1-2.
Roster changes: Zamora (love him in real life just cant get what I want out of him) for Odemwingie.
Hill >>> Okore
There are 2 newbies I also picked up but would rather not define my formation around them. I also sold bothroyed but kept the rest. Currently I am running :
ST: Remy and Odemwingie
Cam: taarabt
Rm: granero/Diakate
LM: dikate/hoilette/park
CDM: M'bia
LB: traore (personal hate for fabio)
Rb: onohau (could have spelled wrong)
CB: okore/Samba
**i keep changing out the RMs and LMs because I'm trying to find my overall favorite players for that spot but I frequently change them to counter opposing midfielders or to provide what ever I need on the pitch.
Thanks for all advice stated.

Last edited by Jesterds; 02-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Jesterds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Mykel 13

Mykel 13's Gamercard
I used to be a 4-1-2-1-2 player, but I've recently discovered 4-2-3-1 which I prefer much more.
Having the extra CDM really is a big help when trying to win the ball back in the middle of the park, and one of mine is Yaya who is also a beast going forward.
I dont mind losing the striker as I usually play on the counter anyway Having 3 pacy CAM's playing through balls to the overpowered Balotelli is pretty deadly.

Mykel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Stopped reading after I saw the word roster...
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
It depends how you play and what your strengths are surely?

Personally I seem to be able to make/pick out runs through the middle better than playing the ball wide and getting crosses in. Therefore I set me team up narrower with a similar formation to you describe, or maybe a 4-4-2 diamond 'wide' formation as in some games I find there's too many people in the middle.

I think whatever you do try and play players in their positions, not sure if it matters but it seems to work better for me. Oh, and I had a player that wanted to leave as he was homesick. I continued to play him and seemed to struggle. As soon as I dropped him the whole team seemed to play better. It was probably just me but did seem to make a difference having all happy players!

Enjoy.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Jesterds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel 13 View Post
I used to be a 4-1-2-1-2 player, but I've recently discovered 4-2-3-1 which I prefer much more.
Having the extra CDM really is a big help when trying to win the ball back in the middle of the park, and one of mine is Yaya who is also a beast going forward.
I dont mind losing the striker as I usually play on the counter anyway Having 3 pacy CAM's playing through balls to the overpowered Balotelli is pretty deadly.
I will try that formation out, I have the players to manage this formation but I think I will move odemwingie to a cam. He is all over the pitch anyway and I honestly couldn't convince myself to sub him out. Remy currently isn't doing much for me up front, maybe wingie is takin his glory I know he's a good forward. So I will repost soon but I think 4 2 3 1 will work and ill bring wrightphilips as the RAM. Or hoilette
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Jesterds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
It depends how you play and what your strengths are surely?

Personally I seem to be able to make/pick out runs through the middle better than playing the ball wide and getting crosses in. Therefore I set me team up narrower with a similar formation to you describe, or maybe a 4-4-2 diamond 'wide' formation as in some games I find there's too many people in the middle.

I think whatever you do try and play players in their positions, not sure if it matters but it seems to work better for me. Oh, and I had a player that wanted to leave as he was homesick. I continued to play him and seemed to struggle. As soon as I dropped him the whole team seemed to play better. It was probably just me but did seem to make a difference having all happy players!

Enjoy.
That's wierd I usually have taarabt mad first season because he wants more money than I can afford in season 1, he still plays amazing but Maybe he could play even better if he was happy, I try to play people in their positions but sometimes that just dosnt work, example bobby Zamora he is a great forward but his workrate is low for attack. So I actually put him as a back up midfield since he's good in air has good strength. This time I conviced myself to sell him but I usually struggle with him as a st
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
I use a custom 4-3-3 formation, to explain easily, i have 4 defenders in a straight line at the back, and then 3 midfielders and 3 strikers in like an Arrow formation, a bit like this "<" so in a way i am playing with a CDM

It works for me, i can always keep possession, roughly get between 60 and 70% per game

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I either play 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1, depending on what players I have. With pacey players I use 4-2-3-1 to be able to run along the wings. With less pacey players I prefer to play 4-3-1-2 to just pass my way through

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote