PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #31
UKHC1977

weaponx031277's Gamercard
Wait and see what the reviews are like for this. Add into that im still grinding away on GOW 2 + 3 and have several other games on the go plus all the games coming out in the next six weeks i might not have the time to play it.

Acheivement wise 4 re ups is pretty excesive but there going to be a ton of DLC for this, multiple XP events etc etc so i can't see it being as bad as Serioulsy 3.0 to do. Saying that there could be another nightmare acheivement on the DLC.
UKHC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #32
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHC1977 View Post

Acheivement wise 4 re ups is pretty excesive
Maybe for the casual "chain gamer" who link games after games, but for the die hard GOW fan its not nearly enough.... Wish there was 3 times this... if not more.

Thats like the last prestige on COD, seem out of reach for a casual GOW player like me, somebody who do enjoy the game but don't play it on a daily basis. But for the die hard fan, its way too fast, i know a friend who achieve prestige master on BO2 in december... not even 2 months after the release so well...

This achievement is aimed toward the fans, the real gow players, so im glad they put it, and i wish there is more prestige at the end. I didn't like seriously 3.0 because it forced you to play like a jackass for no good reason and it forced you to waste time killing bots because some medals where just plainly stupid. But lev upping is just... PLAYING THE GAME, in whatever way you see fit, horde, MP, or campaign, so its all good.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #33
ron north

Even if there was another Seriously achievement with 300 onyx medals to do, I would have still bought the game.......Why bothering with an achievement? I know I've already done this, but it was for a cheap game that nobody was playing online but for Gears of War, there will always be some people online, same thing for Call of Duty.......they are the most played games on the Xbox 360. Although, the real reason is because nobody want to put 1500+ hours of grinding in a game and I understand that; I didn't want to do it too but I've always wanted to have all my games completed so I decided to do it and I'm proud of it.....so if you really don't want to do it, don't do it and just play the game for fun. Even if I know that I will never be able to complete all my games, I still buy some games that I can't have the 1000G, but I'm doing most of them to 100% completion because I know that I can do it.....for the rest, I have to accept the fact that they will never be completed.

Last edited by ron north; 02-04-2013 at 10:18 PM.
ron north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #34
General Boredom

general boredom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Passing on this one.

No Horde is a deal breaker. Also, judging by the achievements, the campaign looks pretty short. I might pick it up later, but with BioShock Infinite out the following week, my money will be better spent elsewhere.

No, I am NOT the AVGN!
General Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
ron north

@ General Boredom

I'm not sure they removed the horde (maybe there's no achievement for it or they will be added in the future DLCs) but if you look at the achievement list you can see there's one about doing 10 waves on each map in survival mode, so I'm thinking it will be similar to the horde. For the campaign, there's at least 8 missions because aftermath is a part from the Gears 3 campaign where you play as Carmine after he separated himself from the squad and I think the campaign will have the same length as Halo 4 campaign, but maybe i'm wrong. If you still think the campaign will be too short, you can always play it again like me, you're not forced to do it on insane from the start. Finally, if you never play the first Gears of war or sold it and regret that decision, there will be a code to download Gears 1 for free with each copies of Gears Judgment, so I think you should think again before passing on Judgment.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Alright that's it, I though maybe I was being a bit harsh on Epic and I thought about maybe getting the game still, the graphics are pretty sweet after all.
So I log into Gears of War 3, and I found out my fucking stats are reset!! This is the goddamned second time! Back-up failed as well!!!
Lvl 400 with 29 Onyx medals and over 30000 kills, all gone, back to square fucking one! What the fuck! This is what I mean, epic doesn't fix their problems! This has been part of Gears 2 as well, and we would all be fools to believe they fix this within the next game!

FUCK I'm mad as hell. Thanks Epic, next time I see a game with your stupid ass logo on it I'm passing on it. Fuck this game.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #37
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Nah, it got shitty after the first game.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Nah, it got shitty after the first game.
I have to agree on that one.

Gears 1>Gears 3>Gears 2

I am a huge fan of the Gears series but it has not captivated me as hard as Gears 1 did. Sure the original Gears was a brand new IP, it was innovative, and nothing compared to it.

Gears 2 was, well....simply put: Garbage (At least the MP) The host advantage was 2x as bad as the original. Then people learned how to bridge host through their computer, no thanks.

Gears 3 put some fresh air in the MP with the weapon skins, a shitload of MP characters, 4 player co-op campaign, medals, 4 DLC packs, and social events. Unfortunately, Gears 3 was plagued but a huge amount of n00bs that wanted to abuse the retro lancer and sawed-off shotty. To put the icing on the cake, the "Call of Duty Mentality" plagued Gears 3 for months. People just camping all game with the hamemrburst or lancer, like seriously...WTF.

Considering that Judment is being made by People Can Fly, I dont know where to put my expectations. I will be honest, I really enjoyed Bulletstorm; it had flaws, but what games doesnt? Also, Judgment looks to put some fresh air in the Gears series by adding this Overrun mode. Regardless of the outcome, give PCF credit from at least attempting something new. I just want (and I'm sure 1000000s of MP players do) a pure Gnashers only mode.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #39
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
The only thing missing is them openly saying Horde is gone. Mostly everything that's great about Gears is gone. MP gametypes, horde, DBNO. Either way. The games gone gold. So that means all the people who get the game early by "other means" will leak the info soon.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #40
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
The only thing missing is them openly saying Horde is gone. Mostly everything that's great about Gears is gone. MP gametypes, horde, DBNO. Either way. The games gone gold. So that means all the people who get the game early by "other means" will leak the info soon.
It could also be a new formula that Gears is in need of

I hardly played Horde mode and found it rather boring. At least overrun has the opportunity to make it faster paced.

Also, March is going to be a BRUTAL month for me. Tomb Raider, God Of War: Ascension (yes, I play on PS3 as well), Gears Judgment, and Bioshock.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #41
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
It could also be a new formula that Gears is in need of

I hardly played Horde mode and found it rather boring. At least overrun has the opportunity to make it faster paced.

Also, March is going to be a BRUTAL month for me. Tomb Raider, God Of War: Ascension (yes, I play on PS3 as well), Gears Judgment, and Bioshock.
I think "newness" to Gears is a terrible idea when you take away more than you add.

Horde isn't essential for me. But it was fun every once in a while.

Eh. To each their own. Gears is the only purchase for me in March. Tomb Raider will probably be a rental.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #42
THe NoMaD

the nomad's Gamercard
I will wait for it to drop in price. My disappointment in GOW3 story and being frozen out of the game for a full month has soured me to any future games although the guys making this aren't really to blame for that.
THe NoMaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #43
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Personally I cannot wait for it,been around since gears 1,will always love gears.

And ik I'm the majority but I'm super happy Baird gets his own story this time.

Also all the mp changes sound like a breath of fresh air,no locust and no dbno is fine by me,however Iam a bit confused why the gnashers only gets 8 shots..although I think I'm gonna be rocking the markza for the most part.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #44
Oogie Boogie

DeathCon KTFO's Gamercard
I'm sad to say that this won't be a game i will be picking up at launch. I loved the series ever since i picked up the first one. I have to be honest... everything i have read so far has put me off the game completely. All these changes may be good for getting new players but for me its a pass. I stuck through the bullshit that was Gears 2 multiplayer and stayed for the dedicated servers/Story in Gears 3 but i can honestly say that i'm not remotely exited for Judgment... I may rent it for the story because i actually like Baird as a main character.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #45
xxDrAiNxx

xxDrAiNxx's Gamercard
F-it i will probably get it day one just because of the story. Its going to be the last gears anything for a long time.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #46
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
This is just an assumption but I think the reason they've created a prequel is well because we don't know to much about Damon or Cole(except for if you've read the book, which is great by the way I would recommend it) so it's saying how e-day started and all that, that's the obvious part but...guy's! I think the reason Epic Games gave this game toe People Can Fly because Epic Games is working on Gears of War 4 for the next gen console.....that might be obvious though. =/ But in the short-run yes I would recommend getting it if you're as true of a fan as you say you are.
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #47
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cogfather View Post
This is just an assumption but I think the reason they've created a prequel is well because we don't know to much about Damon or Cole(except for if you've read the book, which is great by the way I would recommend it) so it's saying how e-day started and all that, that's the obvious part but...guy's! I think the reason Epic Games gave this game toe People Can Fly because Epic Games is working on Gears of War 4 for the next gen console.....that might be obvious though. =/ But in the short-run yes I would recommend getting it if you're as true of a fan as you say you are.
The books were already enough, and they had intact canon- now it's getting butchered in tiny (but numerous) parts and Epic doesn't seem to care. (Which I guess is no biggie, but still- what gives?)

Also, why launch a new Gears game after 18 months from the last one? They could've made Gears 3's life cycle much longer than what it will be if they had just skipped this game, now to get new support and events people will likely migrate over to Judgment- leaving Gears 3 as the shortest-lived Gears game yet.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #48
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
The books were already enough, and they had intact canon- now it's getting butchered in tiny (but numerous) parts and Epic doesn't seem to care. (Which I guess is no biggie, but still- what gives?)

Also, why launch a new Gears game after 18 months from the last one? They could've made Gears 3's life cycle much longer than what it will be if they had just skipped this game, now to get new support and events people will likely migrate over to Judgment- leaving Gears 3 as the shortest-lived Gears game yet.
The time cycle wasnt suppose to be only a year and a half,don't forget gears 3 was suppose to launch in April 2011,by that time judgment might have been in production.

That's my theory on the speedy dlc too,they were rushing to finish everything to get judgment out on time.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #49
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Quote:

I agree with you, I don't wanna buy the map packs for Gears 3 (i know I'm late anyway) because Gears Judgement is right around the corner. D: I feel like I didn't have enough time....even though I've had a little more then a year and a half. =/
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #50
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

The Gears 3 online community became very small a lot faster than that of Gears 2 even before the announcement of Gears Judgement.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #51
sgtleehead

Sgt Lee Head's Gamercard
Not to buy if the third was anything to go by. Vacuous story and trite multiplayer.
sgtleehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #52
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
The Gears 3 online community became very small a lot faster than that of Gears 2 even before the announcement of Gears Judgement.
Ironically, Gears 3 was also able to reach out to A LOT more people than any previous Gears game. (That's probably why it sank so quickly in player count.)

And I'm going to speculate a teeny bit, but- Do you know what was the majority of people that stayed playing Gears 3 with all of it's faults after the dust settled? The people that have played the franchise for a few years most likely- all of the COD/Reach players went back to what they liked more, two months later.

The same thing's gonna happen here, I almost guarantee it. (Only here, pre-orders have barely been able to hit "Gold" status a few weeks ago, so that's already a good indication that a lot of people aren't returning.)

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #53
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
The never ending grinding has put me off the Gears Series. I got the 2000 gamer score on Gears 3 but feel queasy thinking at the amount of wasted time it took, even having 3 xboxs linked up working through the matches.

I like the campaign on these games but really only like horde mode if playing multiplayer myself. The achievements on the new game look really tedious, having to re up or getting everything done on insane. Will wait for the reviews but feel I've already done one Gears to many.

Last edited by sjmleicester; 02-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
ron north

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post

It's because Gears of War 3 was much less fun online than Gears 2.

Let's get it straight; maybe Gears 2 online part was shit for most of the players because they were just focusing of the lag part but for the rest, it was so much better. There was no ''noob'' weapons like the sawed-off and the ink grenade was so much better, you needed skill that's all and it didin't have a special nuclear-stunning range ability like in Gears 3.

Even if I disliked some of the Gears maps, they were still more memorable than any map in Gears 3, but there were still some goods ones.

Guardian was the best mode in Gears 2 and in Gears 3 it sucked as hell because the Cliff attitude: ''Gears 3 will be easy to play for all the new players'' and that completely destroyed the fun. Do anyone remember the time when you wanted to be good at a game, you actually had to earn some skills and not just taking some shitty weapons and techniques from a guy who created a good series and when he suddenly saw that is ''new methods'' didn't please the hardcore fans, he just vanished from the company dreaming that one day he can ''fix'' Resident Evil (more like destroy it) or any game he said he wanted to change.

The maximum amount of time for a Guardian match in Gears 3 was 15 minutes if you were lucky and that's exactly what I dislike the most; I'm not saying every match should take one hour to complete but it was the big fun for me in Gears 2, not to stay camped with grenades when you're host but to run around every corner of the map and own everybody with the shotgun, poppin' heads with the sniper on Jacinto and the most important thing, to be able to play SOLO and that if your team didn't want to win or help you could still win the game on your own if you put some efforts......that's why Gears 2 was much fun to me.

I don't care there's no Guardian in Judgment because there will be Free-For-All and I've been waiting for this a long time ago. I know the weapons will be more ''noobier'' than ever (sawed-off with two bullets in a clip and the ''throwing'' grenades ala Halo) but I will not be forced to play with noobs trying to figure how will I win the match by myself.........No, Those days are finally over.

Last edited by ron north; 02-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #55
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
The major changes that were made in this game are killing the whole tactical aspect of Gears of War & making it just like Call of Duty..
Definitely not worth buying.

With Love!
Nevergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #56
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Day 1 purchase for me. The hands-on preview sounded good to me, looking forward to play the campaign in 4-player-co-op.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #57
Fozki Razormaid

Krylya Sovetov's Gamercard
I've played the second game and liked what I saw
not played 3 yet but will get it soon for co.op or single players
judgement trailer looks good
Fozki Razormaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #58
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Execution + DBNO announced: http://epicgames.com/community/2013/...tiplayer-maps/
Old 02-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #59
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm looking forward to this more than I did for Gears 3 tbh.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #60
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
I just pre-ordered my copy.
And I bought the VIP pass.
Yeah.
At first I was hating on this game, but after watching the trailers and stuff, this might actually be pretty sweet. The return of DBNO is what pushed me over the edge though, if they hadn't put that back in the game, I would probably not have bought it.

Lol, and I was one of "those guys" that was all about boycotting this game because the lack of support for Gears of War 3 and the incredibly lazy excuses they made up concerning many of it's most annoying glitched and bugs (events, different sized hit-boxes, giving everybody a free War Supporter medal that I had to play every week for 7 months to get (which I'm still a bit annoyed about)).

Oh well, hopefully they'll get it right this time.
In many ways I think this game will make or break Gears of War as a franchise. But that could just be me.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote