PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Gears of War MP designer moves to 343

Quinn Delhoyo recently uncovered that he's left his position at Epic Games for a spot at 343 Studios in Seattle.

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo

This guy has been making Gears maps/design since the first game (though they weren't used until later, like Ruins in Gears 2), but I'm actually not as displeased with his departure as I was with Clifford's or Rod's.

Interesting to note that he is responsible for most (probably all, but whatever) of the multiplayer changes in Gears Judgment, such as the removal of Down But Not Out in shipped Versus gametypes, the complete removal of the Locust team in Versus multiplayer, and a Loadout system in Versus multiplayer.

(Take a look at some of his conversations regarding Judgment and you'll see why I'm actually not grieving his departure! )

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Maybe good ol' Quinn here will fuck up 343i's yarn on Halo 4's multiplayer. Fuck it up just enough to bring Halo 5 back to the old days of map control and not calling in random power weapons and performance enhancers to pwn n00bs. Maybe. Just maybe.

I'm gonna flip a coin.

Heads, he does good. Tails, he'll screw it up even more.

-Flip.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #3
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Maybe good ol' Quinn here will fuck up 343i's yarn on Halo 4's multiplayer. Fuck it up just enough to bring Halo 5 back to the old days of map control and not calling in random power weapons and performance enhancers to pwn n00bs. Maybe. Just maybe.

I'm gonna flip a coin.

Heads, he does good. Tails, he'll screw it up even more.

-Flip.

He's basically "343's problem" now.
That's indeed the first thing I thought to myself when I read the news.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
If 343 is smart, and I know they are, theyll fire him in an instant or not let him make any unsupervised decisions. This new Halo is awesome. Don't bring some halfwit into our great game.

I like NEON colors and my BRISK could use a good home.
Get it?
Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
If 343 is smart, and I know they are, theyll fire him in an instant or not let him make any unsupervised decisions. This new Halo is awesome. Don't bring some halfwit into our great game.
Well judging by what he did in Judgment (heh heh), I think he'll fit right in with 343. o_o (Perhaps you'll get your Boltshot nerf soon. ) And of course, I'll be nice and say that Quinn does know how to make some good maps- that he does know how to do.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Well judging by what he did in Judgment (heh heh), I think he'll fit right in with 343. o_o (Perhaps you'll get your Boltshot nerf soon. ) And of course, I'll be nice and say that Quinn does know how to make some good maps- that he does know how to do.
His maps are fine, FOR GEARS. But with all the f ups with Gears, I don't want him fing up Halo. I'm fine with a Boltshot nerf. And I'm sure 343 is very much aware as well.

Get it?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Metaphorically

Metaphorically's Gamercard
Looks like EPIC people are branching out to other games to ruin them too.
Metaphorically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphorically View Post
Looks like EPIC people are branching out to other games to ruin them too.
Hahahaha! Best. Comment. Ever.

Get it?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Maybe, in the future, he'll pair up with Casey Hudson and Peter Molyneux to deliver some truely mind-blowing shit?

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Maybe, in the future, he'll pair up with Casey Hudson and Peter Molyneux to deliver some truely mind-blowing shit?
That's actually a pretty wild, but tentative thought O_o

Some... Gears of War... RPG... with color-schemed endgame choices?

Old 02-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #11
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Interesting to note that he is responsible for most (probably all, but whatever) of the multiplayer changes in Gears Judgment, such as the removal of Down But Not Out in shipped Versus gametypes, the complete removal of the Locust team in Versus multiplayer, and a Loadout system in Versus multiplayer.
I could remember wrong, but I'm pretty sure in the story about that they said Down But Not Out was only removed from FFA. As for the other two, I haven't been following Judgment news religiously so this is the first I've heard of no Locust and loadouts in MP. When was this announced?

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #12
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
I could remember wrong, but I'm pretty sure in the story about that they said Down But Not Out was only removed from FFA. As for the other two, I haven't been following Judgment news religiously so this is the first I've heard of no Locust and loadouts in MP. When was this announced?
Nope, it's gone from all three shipped Versus gametypes (Free For All, Domination and Team Deathmatch.)

I believe the No Locust/Loadout news came with the first December info drop, or sometime in December (can't remember specifically)

Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
That's actually a pretty wild, but tentative thought O_o

Some... Gears of War... RPG... with color-schemed endgame choices?
I was more thinking along the line of heaping up a mountain of unfulfilled promises and fucking up things working fine.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote