PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Battleloggers Episode 1

worth a chuckle i guess

gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That was just silly. Best part, Noob giving tips n' tricks

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Anybody else wish BF3 had proximity voice and the ability to talk with the guys on the other team between games?

One of the only things that CoD, Halo, and Gears have over Battlefield, imo.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Anybody else wish BF3 had proximity voice and the ability to talk with the guys on the other team between games?

I think it's a good thing Battlefield doesn't have this, it would only cause conflict and silliness.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:

Nope whats the point of that how many people even use there mic in this game none. so thats very pointless.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Nope whats the point of that how many people even use there mic in this game none. so thats very pointless.
Actually I've noticed quite a lot of people use their mic on this game. Most of the time I jump on I always hear annoying, little voices tearing through my TV speakers so I'm forced to plug my headset in EVEN though I have the settings to only play through headset. I just think the time between matches would be spent exchanging insults, would be quite humorous actually.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #7
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:

I thought only CoD4 had this and even then, only with the Eavesdrop perk? Maybe Halo has it, too, I don't remember, I don't have Halo 3 anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Yeah, this... If people used mics, then it'd be cool, but I haven't seen people using mics online in years. I still remember the days of CoD3/4, BC1, AC6, etc. where everyone (but me) was talking. lol. That was pretty cool. I blame parties for that, even if I really like the idea of parties.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
I blame parties for that, even if I really like the idea of parties.
Even...Surprise Parties?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Even...Surprise Parties?
Even Gay Surprise Parties?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #10
Skillet

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
I thought only CoD4 had this and even then, only with the Eavesdrop perk? Maybe Halo has it, too, I don't remember, I don't have Halo 3 anymore.
Halo has proximity voice. It has since Halo 2. Nothing's better than saying a few words right before punching your enemy in the back. I can only imagine how much more rewarding it would be to knife someone if they could hear you saying "Gimme your tags!" as the animation was playing out.

Other games had it as well. Such as the Splinter Cell series. You could speak you mercenaries if you had them as a human shield while playing as a spy.

Quote:
Yeah, this... If people used mics, then it'd be cool, but I haven't seen people using mics online in years. I still remember the days of CoD3/4, BC1, AC6, etc. where everyone (but me) was talking. lol. That was pretty cool. I blame parties for that, even if I really like the idea of parties.
I actually think the reason WHY nobody uses a mic in Battlefield is because, unlike other games, it's more a chore to use it in the way that you want to. For instance, a lot of people don't even know that you can set VOIP to team when playing, and think that you can only speak to the people in your squad. It's easier to invite your 5 other friends to join you in a party than bother with chatting in-game.

And you can't blame it all on parties. A lot of it is the game's fault. It's rare to find a match in Halo, CoD, or Gears, where somebody isn't using a mic. At least this is true in my experience. Where, unlike Barad, I rarely ever encounter other players with mics in BF3.

All that said, my original post was merely commenting on how pointlessly dull it would be to yell "Surprise!" when playing Surprise Party in BF3, considering the "victim" can't hear you...

Last edited by Skillet; 02-05-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #11
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Nothing's better than saying a few words right before punching your enemy in the back. I can only imagine how much more rewarding it would be to knife someone if they could hear you saying "Gimme your tags!" as the animation was playing out.
This would be awesome, I would do my best Scorpion impersonation "Get oover HERE!".

Also I was just playing Domination and I was on a team with two locked squads. I sent a message saying please unlock squad so I can join and they did. What surprised me is they invited me to their party and come to find out 9/16 people playing were in the same party. This just proves what I think about the whole no talking in BF, that everyone playing is in a party so they dont have to hear some guys kid crying in the background.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
Skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
This would be awesome, I would do my best Scorpion impersonation "Get oover HERE!".

Also I was just playing Domination and I was on a team with two locked squads. I sent a message saying please unlock squad so I can join and they did. What surprised me is they invited me to their party and come to find out 9/16 people playing were in the same party. This just proves what I think about the whole no talking in BF, that everyone playing is in a party so they dont have to hear some guys kid crying in the background.
Well as I said, I think most people just view it as easier to invite everyone to a party, which also lasts between games and when changing servers, rather than trying to use in-game VOIP services with their limited functionality.

Which is actually pretty bad when you think about it. Considering the focus on teamwork in BF3.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Which is actually pretty bad when you think about it. Considering the focus on teamwork in BF3.
It's fun if on opposing teams when you and your party are not giving a crap and goofing around. Like you know... when someone tries to jihad JET you (Rich would never ever do such a thing...)

But true, not so great for PTFO.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #14
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

I do love this show. It really does relate to some of the feelings you mat get when playing the multiplayer.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #15
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Video kind of sucked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
It's fun if on opposing teams when you and your party are not giving a crap and goofing around. Like you know... when someone tries to jihad JET you (Rich would never ever do such a thing...)
Hahaha, yeah... Though my best one EVER was when I think it was Auto and another friend in the chopper on Caspian, I was in a jet (same team), the enemy chopper is fucking them up by D flag and I came flying in saying "This guy giving you trouble guys?" and bailed out so my empty jet destroyed the enemy chopper and I saved my friends like an absolute boss!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Video kind of sucked...

Hahaha, yeah... Though my best one EVER was when I think it was Auto and another boyfriend in the chopper on Caspian, I was in a jet (same team), the enemy chopper is fucking them up by D flag and I came flying in saying "This guy giving you trouble guys?" and bailed out so my empty jet destroyed the enemy chopper and I saved my boyfriends like an absolute gaywad!

fixed. <3

Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
fixed. <3
You're just raging because those friends get online at the same time and actually get to play with me.

U JELLY BRO?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #18
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
You're just raging because those friends get online at the same time and actually get to play with me.

U JELLY BRO?

yes :,( its very sad for me

Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
Benny34
Banned User

lol^^^
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
BL4Z1NGBULL3T

Send a message via Skype™ to BL4Z1NGBULL3T

BL4Z1NG BULL3T's Gamercard
i honestly like BFF's better than this, so they actually should focus on those series...
I mean, this is fun and all but, the animated series are just better
BL4Z1NGBULL3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Nice can You get new tags for that?

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops