PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Karaoke
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Smartglass?

I have no idea how to make this Karaoke app work, can someone please explain what needs to be done to be able to add a song to the queue via smartglass?

EDIT: Could it possibly be because I am in Australia, and the game isn't out yet here? The app is not available yet on the Aus dashboard but the Karaoke smartglass app is there when I start the game. No matter what I do in the app nothing seems to work though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare

Last edited by BluWolve; 12-14-2012 at 01:52 AM.
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have updated the Achievement guide with a screenshot of how the smartglass app looks in game. I will also link it here for anyone looking for more info.

If it doesn't look like that in the app, then you probably can't get it yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Ball View Post
I have updated the Achievement guide with a screenshot of how the smartglass app looks in game. I will also link it here for anyone looking for more info.

If it doesn't look like that in the app, then you probably can't get it yet.
There is no text in my version of it, even if I go to the help section. Otherwise it all looks the same.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

The Play next song in que only comes up if there is another song in your que. I assume you made sure you had a song in your que?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Ball View Post
The Play next song in que only comes up if there is another song in your que. I assume you made sure you had a song in your que?
Yes I tried pretty much everything. I added the same 5 free songs 4 times each so i could just get the 20 songs in one session achievement.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Then I would assume you are correct, it probably isn't working tdue to the face of not being out officially in your Country yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Yeah that is what I reckon. Oh well I can still get the other achievements.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
XBL_Maximus_NL

XBLMaximusNL's Gamercard
Just add it on your phone/tablet/pc in the queue and play the list on the Xbox, doesn't have to click on "play" on your device.

XBL_Maximus_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBL_Maximus_NL View Post
Just add it on your phone/tablet/pc in the queue and play the list on the Xbox, doesn't have to click on "play" on your device.
I think he tried that...
Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #10
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
I think he tried that...
Yes I did. The Karaoke app is still not out in Australia and I would wager that is why the smartglass app isn't working.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Randomnutta

Send a message via MSN to Randomnutta

Randomnutta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
How annoying, I wanted to start this soon. Any idea when it will appear on the Aus marketplace?

Randomnutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #12
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bought a new WP8 last night, downloaded smartglass and got this achievement in no time. I just clicked free songs on my phone, added one to queue and the achievement popped on the Xbox.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I am using Smartglass right now on a Windows Phone 7 and I don't understand how to select a song through it. The only thing I see is an overview of the game, friend activity, achievements, images, and related games. Am I looking in the wrong place for this?

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #14
TomoyoN

TomoyoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I am using Smartglass right now on a Windows Phone 7 and I don't understand how to select a song through it. The only thing I see is an overview of the game, friend activity, achievements, images, and related games. Am I looking in the wrong place for this?
I've tried this on a iPad / iPhone 4 / iPhone 5 / WP7.5 / WP8... And all I get is the stuff like the guy who posted before me... Overview / Friend Activity / Achievements... Under the SmartGlass section it just says Not Available [My account + I live in the US]...
TomoyoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #15
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Ok it is working for me here in Australia now, since the game is actually released here. For those having trouble selecting a song, look for the little symbol in the top right hand corner (looks a little like an eye) and touch that. That is where you go to browse and search songs etc.

To actually get into the app, you have to start smartglass and slide across through the menus until you find the Karaoke remote. I think if you start smartglass whilst karaoke is on your xbox it automatically takes you to the karaoke remote, but I could be wrong.

Quote:

Last edited by BluWolve; 12-26-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #16
Motleydude

What is the name of the actual app cause I cant find it on my phone. I have a Samsung galaxy. Do I need something special?
Motleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #17
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motleydude View Post
What is the name of the actual app cause I cant find it on my phone. I have a Samsung galaxy. Do I need something special?
You need to have smartglass, I am not sure if that is on Samsung galaxy but if it is that is all you need.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Doctor Haircut

Doctor Haircut's Gamercard
I wasn't able to get the achievement on my wp7 but on my surface tablet (win 8) I had what seems to be a better version of smart glass and way more options. Got the achievement right away on the tablet. Maybe needs win 8???
Doctor Haircut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Haircut View Post
I wasn't able to get the achievement on my wp7 but on my surface tablet (win 8) I had what seems to be a better version of smart glass and way more options. Got the achievement right away on the tablet. Maybe needs win 8???
It doesn't require Windows 8. I tried it again with my Windows Phone 7 and it worked that time. I'm not sure why it showed up totally different the first time but I'm glad I have the achievement now!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #20
TomoyoN

TomoyoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
It doesn't require Windows 8. I tried it again with my Windows Phone 7 and it worked that time. I'm not sure why it showed up totally different the first time but I'm glad I have the achievement now!
I've tried with lots of devices (iPhone, iPad, WP7.5, WP8) and I couldn't get the achievement because it seems I was only able to get into the Karaoke game page / info screens and the Karaoke Remote wasn't launching or being detected (see picture of it in a previous post). I then tried on my Windows 8 PC and it worked fine... Not sure what the difference is but I got the achievement in the end and that's what counts...
TomoyoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #21
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So since you can use smart glass with this, do you still need kinect to play it? Can I play the whole game from my smart glass app?

Also, smart glass is available for Samsung galaxy.. I have galaxy S3.. but smart glass is only available for android v2.2 an higher..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
You still need Kinect if you want all the achievements. The Smartglass app is just a remote.
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #23
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
How do we poor people without iOS devices get this?
Anyone know if you can get it on BlueStacks?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #24
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoyoN View Post
I've tried with lots of devices (iPhone, iPad, WP7.5, WP8) and I couldn't get the achievement because it seems I was only able to get into the Karaoke game page / info screens and the Karaoke Remote wasn't launching or being detected (see picture of it in a previous post). I then tried on my Windows 8 PC and it worked fine... Not sure what the difference is but I got the achievement in the end and that's what counts...
Hm... try updating Smartglass. I did that on my phone and got it to stop showing the info and the Karaoke Remote showed up after the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
So since you can use smart glass with this, do you still need kinect to play it? Can I play the whole game from my smart glass app?
You do not need a Kinect to play this game; it is only necessary for the Kinect-related achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
How do we poor people without iOS devices get this?
Anyone know if you can get it on BlueStacks?
You do not need an iOS for this, only a smartphone that lets you use Smartglass.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #25
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
You do not need an iOS for this, only a smartphone that lets you use Smartglass.
Let me rephrase that.
How do we poor people that don't own anything beyond video game consoles get it?
I'm guessing we don't?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Apparently this is also not achievable to all smartphone uses. I just recently purchased the Droid DNA (Android), and the app is not compatible with my phone. -_-
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
softerxsin495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #27
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by softerxsin495 View Post
Apparently this is also not achievable to all smartphone uses. I just recently purchased the Droid DNA (Android), and the app is not compatible with my phone. -_-
there are some windows phones that don't have Gyroscope technology (like me for instance, it's an HTC phone). if you don't have Gyroscope, smartglass won't work properly and you can't get this achievement. Same goes for the Smartglass achievements in Kinect Sesame Street.

Make 100% sure you buy a smartphone with Gyrscope!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I got Smartglass achievements with my iPod.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #29
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
ok. forget what I wrote earlier, it's nonsense! I found the actual reason! You have to have your sim card in your phone. I actually ALWAYS use my windows phone without simcard, cause I use my cheapy phone to make calls with and my wp for internet in university, library etc. I just had the idea of trying smartglass with sim card inserted and suddenly the achievements unlock and I don't get those pesky error messages on smartglass anymore...
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #30
o iSwaq v

o iSwaq v's Gamercard
Yeah I've got smartglass
o iSwaq v is offline   Reply With Quote