PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
alexanderarrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Shafted glitch

ive now done this 3 times and got no achievement wtf.

can someone explain what i did wrong i bought every perk twice now and pack a punched twice.. in a pub game
alexanderarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
spxyu02
 
spxyu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderarrow View Post
ive now done this 3 times and got no achievement wtf.

can someone explain what i did wrong i bought every perk twice now and pack a punched twice.. in a pub game
When I got it right after it failed to pop, my differences were:
1. Had been in Local/easy, switched to Public/easy/custom (invite only)
2. Had done the PaP last, this time it was the penultimate machine I visited. I successfully popped the achievement when I finished with Double Tap instead.
3. I PaP'd my starting pistol. I highly doubt that had anything to do with it, but my PDW was full on ammo so I never bought a second gun from a wall, affording me the opportunity to experiment and PaP the 1911 >> Mustang & Sally.
4. Finally, I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

[Update, I forgot] The final thing I did differently on my successful attempt was to not pick up any parts whatsoever. On my first attempt I had built the trample steam, but on my successful attempt I didn't pick up any keys or building pieces.

Last edited by spxyu02; 02-05-2013 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Update
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,488

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxyu02 View Post
I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

[Update, I forgot] The final thing I did differently on my successful attempt was to not pick up any parts whatsoever. On my first attempt I had built the trample steam, but on my successful attempt I didn't pick up any keys or building pieces.
top of the quote. you can NOT get the achievement if you get a perk from the fleas. or whatever the fuck they are. you have to purchase every single perk from their respective machines.

As to not picking up any parts. It's irrelevant. I picked up a key (used to call the elevators) as well as completely built the trample steam in the same game that I unlocked the achievement in.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!
 
StayonTarget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 7,857
Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
top of the quote. you can NOT get the achievement if you get a perk from the fleas. or whatever the fuck they are. you have to purchase every single perk from their respective machines.
Yoda, Jumper, Nova, Flea, Maggot, Golem, Midgets, Math Teacher, or Creech. All of those work.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad
Sure thing, My address is 123 Suckadingdong Road, that's on Stayonsucks Avenue in Pinkertunton town.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
spxyu02
 
spxyu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Yoda, Jumper, Nova, Flea, Maggot, Golem, Midgets, Math Teacher, or Creech. All of those work.

Math Teacher? Do I wanna know ... ?
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
Ceris
Why So Ceris?
 
Ceris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,347

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Yoda, Jumper, Nova, Flea, Maggot, Golem, Midgets, Math Teacher, or Creech. All of those work.

Lol, Creech?

I call them Monkeys, Jumping Fuckers, and "Those things that hate me"

The last one because when the round starts, out group sits behind ourflingers. When some of the monkeys jump over the flingers, they always attack me, even though I'm usually the one farthest in the corner. THEY ALL ATTACK ME!!!

OP: I heard something about only one person can get it in a match at a time, but that might apply to only one person can have the achievement. Try playing in solo.
__________________

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
alexanderarrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
Yeah well i bought every perk twice lol and then pack a punched nothing...

in a full game no one had the achievement...

i didnt get anything from the nova zombies.. :/ idk... ill try again....
alexanderarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
spxyu02
 
spxyu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderarrow View Post
and then pack a punched nothing...
You have to pack a punch something. That may have been the step you missed. Buy all perks and use the pack a punch (but maybe don't PaP last, as was my experience)

EDIT: In your original post it says you PaP'd twice. Not sure which you did, sorry.

Last edited by spxyu02; 02-05-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: .
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
WoodsMonk
 
WoodsMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 679

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
It took me 2tries, I did on easy Diff. Only reason I can think why it didn't work first time was because I downed myself by cooking a grenade..
__________________


WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
alexanderarrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 56
did everything the same way and i got it on my 5th attempt...

that achievement was way too buggy...
alexanderarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #11
hype
 
hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 450

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
they seem to be the denizens from the fog in Tranzit, but grown of course.

back on topic though, nah, not picking up any parts has nothing to do with anything.
i failed on my first two attempts before i could buy the last perk -- was always something stupid.

first time i flung myself off the building & ironically Who's Who was the last perk i needed to buy...2nd time i got crushed in the elevator after i had purchased Who's Who & Quick Revive during my first 4 perks. so yeah...def make sure u purchase Quick Revive FIRST, then go down...then your second set of perks, include Who's Who first to be on the safe side in case u go down.
__________________


hijo del maliante puro.
hype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
Grohlvana
 
Grohlvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 505

grohlvana's Gamercard
I don't know why you guys are having trouble, I bought four of the six Perk Machines, downed myself, bought the other two, then PaP'd whatever weapon I had atm.

Achievement unlocked.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
hype
 
hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 450

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i still don't have this unlocked. this is my 3rd attempt this morning after trying 3 times yesterday & the only thing i can think of is what someone said about not picking up parts...which doesn't really make sense. i shouldn't have to fucking go the long way around to get to the other building when i can easily jump over with the steam tramp. that can't POSSIBLY be what's keeping me from getting this.

i've tried it all kinds of different ways, including punching a weapon before i even bought any perks. this is starting to piss me off. i've tried it on both Original & Easy in custom games as well as with someone else. the shit's not unlocking for me & i don't wanna hear dickheads like the one above me with your "i don't see why..." bullshit. apparently there's some kinda issue or method if this many people are having problems.
__________________


hijo del maliante puro.
hype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
spxyu02
 
spxyu02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
I would just try it without the steam trample thing. It couldn't hurt. It's better than doing the same thing over and over and hoping it turns out differently (although it could).

You shouldn't really need to go building-to-building more than 3 times. Spawn side -> Power side (turn it on) -> Spawn side (buy Quick Revive & Speed Cola, down yourself, buy Who's Who) -> Power side (loop zombies on roof and then PaP + buy last 3 perks).

Let us know if you finally get it and what the key was.
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
hype
 
hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 450

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxyu02 View Post
I would just try it without the steam trample thing. It couldn't hurt. It's better than doing the same thing over and over and hoping it turns out differently (although it could).

Let us know if you finally get it and what the key was.
yup. after being severely frustrated 6 times, this time i tried it without picking anything up -- no elevator keys, no parts. punched the PDW early though because PAP was in the corner on the roof where the box spawns & i didn't wanna get caught there at a high round.



got it at the start of round 13. un-fucking-believable.

although a friend of mine (i actually watched him do it before i even attempted the achievement) did it the exact same way i was trying before, also solo custom game on easy. he built the steam tramp in case he got in a jam & it still popped for him...hence my frustration. seems like the shit is very sometimesy with picking up parts & whatnot. something to do with the patch maybe? i'ono...best way is just don't pick SHIT up. smh.
__________________


hijo del maliante puro.

Last edited by hype; 02-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.
hype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
BadaSh24
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9

BaDaSh24's Gamercard
Finally got it.... maybe this helps?

Played on easy mode, solo, did not pick up any items, did not hit the mystery box, did not pause the game, blah, blah.. you get the point...

Camped by AK....

Got:
Jug
PaP
Double Tab
Mule
Who's Who
....GRENADE SUICIDE... in who's who mode grabbed
Quick Revive
Speed

POP...
BadaSh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
kipmetknoflook
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1

nothing's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxyu02 View Post
When I got it right after it failed to pop, my differences were:
1. Had been in Local/easy, switched to Public/easy/custom (invite only)
2. Had done the PaP last, this time it was the penultimate machine I visited. I successfully popped the achievement when I finished with Double Tap instead.
3. I PaP'd my starting pistol. I highly doubt that had anything to do with it, but my PDW was full on ammo so I never bought a second gun from a wall, affording me the opportunity to experiment and PaP the 1911 >> Mustang & Sally.
4. Finally, I never had this experience, and it may be obvious, but you have to buy every perk - getting a perk from knifing the goblin thingies doesn't count (although you seem to get that, stating you bought every perk twice).

Hope that helps.

[Update, I forgot] The final thing I did differently on my successful attempt was to not pick up any parts whatsoever. On my first attempt I had built the trample steam, but on my successful attempt I didn't pick up any keys or building pieces.
Lol, I'm just dropping by from the PS3 version of this site xD I have the same problem on the PS3, I also finished with PaP last... Thanks for your tips, I'll try it!
kipmetknoflook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 PM.