PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > South Park: The Stick of Truth
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Kerchacopolypse
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7

Kerchacopolypse's Gamercard
Silly Idea

In my opinion, I think basing a game of a tv show is silly. Probably will try the game out though, But based off my passed experiences with tv show games, I dought it will be any good
Kerchacopolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Jack Frost
 
Jack Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Discordia, CA
Posts: 1,675

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Most other TV show games do not have the principle creators writing the game's story, making all of the show's visual assets available to the developers and doing all the voices for their respective characters. Not to mention that said creators are been long-time, hardcore game players.

I think you need to strongly re-consider your position on this game based on these facts.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
Nathan WV10
 
Nathan WV10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK, England, West Midlands, Wolverhampton
Posts: 735
Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
I think it could be good because The simpsons hit and run was one of my favourite games ever.
__________________


Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,411

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Both Trey and Matt are working close with Obsidian to bring the best possible game to fans.

Besides, as they explained at E3, there is nothing from one house to another, or to the school when watching the show. In the game, they have had to fill in the blanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
That's the whole point of a BETA. To stress the servers.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
TriRock
 
TriRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Finnish Line
Posts: 1,880

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
The creators of the show are heavily involved in the game.
The creators of the game are people who have been making some of the finest RPGs of the last 25 years.

Quite frankly, the opportunity for a great license game has never been better.
__________________
10k 29/03/09 - 100k 17/07/10 - 200k 02/09/11 - 300k 02/02/13 - 400k 20/11/13

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0




TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
InsaneKane87
 
InsaneKane87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,397

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion) and I'm really looking forward to it.

As iBuzz7S and TriRock have mentioned the creators are heavily involved in the game. They are also big fans of RPG's from what I've read in reviews so I have good faith in them.

Think about this, RPG elements combined with one of the best shows on TV. What could possibly be better?
__________________
^Sig made by Rajeanero
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
d00gler
 
d00gler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 417

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchacopolypse View Post
In my opinion, I think basing a game of a tv show is silly. Probably will try the game out though, But based off my passed experiences with tv show games, I dought it will be any good
Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.

This game is going to ROCK!! I would trust almost NOBODY over Stone/Parker to create a deep, humor-based, dungeon-crawling-style co-op/multiplayer RPG game. The South Park world is already almost 20 seasons deep in lore, humor, and outrageous happenings. This game has such a vast library of info it can reference, and it is being written by some of the most creative minds of our time. I won't say that it CAN'T fail, but this has to be an early Game of the Year nominee (very early, I know).

I have no hesitation about buying it day 1!
__________________
d00gler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Nlkuysdf
 
Nlkuysdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,070

tbs nikolai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion)
So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00gler View Post
Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.
So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.
__________________
Completed Retail: 55 of 57-96.49%

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
TriRock
 
TriRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Finnish Line
Posts: 1,880

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.


So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.
So for whatever personal reason, you deliberately misinterpret people's posts? Gotcha.
__________________
10k 29/03/09 - 100k 17/07/10 - 200k 02/09/11 - 300k 02/02/13 - 400k 20/11/13

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0




TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #10
FeatherbottomMR
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,034
I am really excited for this game. I think it is going to surprise a lot of people....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
Nlkuysdf
 
Nlkuysdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,070

tbs nikolai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
So for whatever personal reason, you deliberately misinterpret people's posts? Gotcha.
I didn't misinterpret any post. Reading comprehension.
__________________
Completed Retail: 55 of 57-96.49%

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
BluWolve
Subscribing Member
 
BluWolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NT, Australia
Posts: 2,117

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.


So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.
Wow, sounds like someone hasn't had their cheesy poofs today...

OT: If you are still not convinced this game has a huge chance of being terrific, go check out a couple of trailers for it, and perhaps do a little bit of research on it before generalising it as just another crappy game based off a tv show.
__________________
Click HERE for a list of free content on XBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
I'm an idiot
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
alec_006
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 54

i am el kabong's Gamercard
The difference with South Park and the Simpsons compared to other TV show based games is that the source content allows for expansion. The references are all there but it's still unique.

Take family guy, i love the show but the games were average because they only have one fallback in which to make a story fit for a game and that is the Stewie vs Bertram thing.
__________________
52 100% Retail Completed

100+ Standard Skylanders Collected

First Austrailian to 1000 points in Tropico 3
alec_006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
Midnight Malice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,792

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
NlK has a point. You guys bashing him for making his comment making a judgement before playing, then half of you say it willl be good before playing it.

Doesn't sound like a misinterpretation at all to me. Just that his views are opposed to your own, so he is clearly wrong.

They have made a few South Park games, and all of them have been very true to the source material because Matt and Trey make sure they are accurate, they don't just sell off the liscence and let paople that may have never even seen an episode of South Park add stuff in there like other TV/movie games do. This isn't even the first full retail South Park game. There was a FPS in 1999 and the content was perfect, even if the game itself wasnt very good overall.
__________________

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.