PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > South Park: The Stick of Truth
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Kerchacopolypse

Kerchacopolypse's Gamercard
Silly Idea

In my opinion, I think basing a game of a tv show is silly. Probably will try the game out though, But based off my passed experiences with tv show games, I dought it will be any good
Kerchacopolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Most other TV show games do not have the principle creators writing the game's story, making all of the show's visual assets available to the developers and doing all the voices for their respective characters. Not to mention that said creators are been long-time, hardcore game players.

I think you need to strongly re-consider your position on this game based on these facts.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
I think it could be good because The simpsons hit and run was one of my favourite games ever.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Both Trey and Matt are working close with Obsidian to bring the best possible game to fans.

Besides, as they explained at E3, there is nothing from one house to another, or to the school when watching the show. In the game, they have had to fill in the blanks.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
The creators of the show are heavily involved in the game.
The creators of the game are people who have been making some of the finest RPGs of the last 25 years.

Quite frankly, the opportunity for a great license game has never been better.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion) and I'm really looking forward to it.

As iBuzz7S and TriRock have mentioned the creators are heavily involved in the game. They are also big fans of RPG's from what I've read in reviews so I have good faith in them.

Think about this, RPG elements combined with one of the best shows on TV. What could possibly be better?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchacopolypse View Post
In my opinion, I think basing a game of a tv show is silly. Probably will try the game out though, But based off my passed experiences with tv show games, I dought it will be any good
Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.

This game is going to ROCK!! I would trust almost NOBODY over Stone/Parker to create a deep, humor-based, dungeon-crawling-style co-op/multiplayer RPG game. The South Park world is already almost 20 seasons deep in lore, humor, and outrageous happenings. This game has such a vast library of info it can reference, and it is being written by some of the most creative minds of our time. I won't say that it CAN'T fail, but this has to be an early Game of the Year nominee (very early, I know).

I have no hesitation about buying it day 1!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
What's silly is to judge a game before it's even out. Out of all the games being based on tv shows I think this one will be one of the best (my personal opinion)
So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00gler View Post
Very narrow-minded outlook! This game is going to be GREAT because, as other posters mentioned before, the creators are both heavily invested into making this game accurate, entertaining, fun, and funny. If you have seen ANYTHING created/written/directed/produced by Matt Stone/Trey Parker, you will realize that they don't half-ass their work. They go over it again and again until it is to their liking. They incorporate current events seamlessly and humorously.
So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
So it's silly for him to judge it before it comes out, but its not silly when you judge it before it comes out? Gotcha.

So it's narrow minded for him to think the game will not be good but will still probably try it out, but its not narrow minded for you to say that the game will in fact be great before it even comes out? Gotcha.
So for whatever personal reason, you deliberately misinterpret people's posts? Gotcha.

Achievement #1000 - Seek and Destroy - Achievement #10000 - Fully Evolved

Overachiever: 54 points - 15 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 7-4-0

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #10
FeatherbottomMR

I am really excited for this game. I think it is going to surprise a lot of people....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
So for whatever personal reason, you deliberately misinterpret people's posts? Gotcha.
I didn't misinterpret any post. Reading comprehension.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post

Wow, sounds like someone hasn't had their cheesy poofs today...

OT: If you are still not convinced this game has a huge chance of being terrific, go check out a couple of trailers for it, and perhaps do a little bit of research on it before generalising it as just another crappy game based off a tv show.
I'm an idiot
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
alec_006

i am el kabong's Gamercard
The difference with South Park and the Simpsons compared to other TV show based games is that the source content allows for expansion. The references are all there but it's still unique.

Take family guy, i love the show but the games were average because they only have one fallback in which to make a story fit for a game and that is the Stewie vs Bertram thing.

100+ Standard Skylanders Collected

First Austrailian to 1000 points in Tropico 3
alec_006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
NlK has a point. You guys bashing him for making his comment making a judgement before playing, then half of you say it willl be good before playing it.

Doesn't sound like a misinterpretation at all to me. Just that his views are opposed to your own, so he is clearly wrong.

They have made a few South Park games, and all of them have been very true to the source material because Matt and Trey make sure they are accurate, they don't just sell off the liscence and let paople that may have never even seen an episode of South Park add stuff in there like other TV/movie games do. This isn't even the first full retail South Park game. There was a FPS in 1999 and the content was perfect, even if the game itself wasnt very good overall.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote