PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #61
Lebowski

Send a message via ICQ to Lebowski Send a message via AIM to Lebowski Send a message via MSN to Lebowski Send a message via Yahoo to Lebowski Send a message via Skype™ to Lebowski

GTA Redwood's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
What is this? A Halo 2 Remake?

Did I dream buying & playing through the remake of Halo 2 on PC with LIVE Achievements?

It had better graphics, sound, multiplayer, map editor + more new stuff...surely that counts as a remake right?
Would they really do it again just for the consoles?
Isn't it better to move forward?
I think Halo CE only got an anniversary because it was the first game in the series and made Halo what it is today.

Last edited by Lebowski; 12-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #62
Ekkeron

Ekkeron's Gamercard
Yeah, but you can forget that game with Windows 7
Ekkeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #63
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rum...wear-next-gen/

They already remade Halo: Combat Evolved, so I suppose they're gonna remake Halo 2, and, if they're really going to remake Halo 3 (even though it seems a bit pointless to me) I think it's gonna be for the next Xbox.
It's possible but unlikely. They remade CE b/c it was a major selling title and pretty much always been in the top spot of it's genre. It was also mainly to honor the 10 year anniversary of the series as well as 343i's initial "test run".

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #64
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
What is this? A Halo 2 Remake?

Did I dream buying & playing through the remake of Halo 2 on PC with LIVE Achievements?

It had better graphics, sound, multiplayer, map editor + more new stuff...surely that counts as a remake right?
Would they really do it again just for the consoles?
Isn't it better to move forward?
I think Halo CE only got an anniversary because it was the first game in the series and made Halo what it is today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkeron View Post
I played and 100%'d it on Windows 7 about 10 months ago with no problem. What are you babbling about?

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 01-15-2013 at 07:17 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #65
benjamouth

the Woodmeister's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pfft, there's no way I'm playing through Halo 2 again, it was shite (IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBadge View Post
What you people need to understand is that these guides are written by people not magic robots.
benjamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #66
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamouth View Post
Pfft, there's no way I'm playing through Halo 2 again, it was shite (IMO)
IT WAS SHIT?! Oh my, that upsets me.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-19-2013 at 12:34 AM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #67
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well now with the announcement that Halo 2 Vista servers are being shut down, the need for a Halo 2 anniversary is all the more necessary. Honestly, though, I'm not really expecting them to give us the original H2 multiplayer just like they didn't with CEA. At the very least, however, I would like to see them add a dozen Halo 2 maps to the H4 multiplayer with a few classic playlists (none of that Infinity stuff for the classics please.)

I can't stress enough how much Halo 2, 3 and 4 have in common with multiplayer. It's mostly just tweaked setups that would be easy to fix. It's nothing like putting Halo: CE's MP into Reach's.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #68
totegunz

Tote Gunzz's Gamercard
January 13 2013 - UPDATE: 343 Industries is supposedly denying that they are making a Halo 2 remake. They are rumored to have said, “We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy.”
totegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #69
GreatCesar1

GreatCesar1's Gamercard
Remake?

I actually kinda hope this happens inculding the original multiplayer this would be pretty cool. idk what is wrong with remaking halo games, i mean halo 2 got shut down and now no one can play the MP with their friends, halo2vista is shutting down in a few days so why should this mean the end of halo 2 for good when halo 2 is one of the largest milestone in online gaming... i dont think every game should be remade because not everyone got shutdown. (dukenukem and i think doom 3 got remade) i can see why some people look at it as obnoxious to remake halo games though because it doesnt seem right but they are worth while games.
GreatCesar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #70
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCesar1 View Post
I actually kinda hope this happens inculding the original multiplayer this would be pretty cool. idk what is wrong with remaking halo games, i mean halo 2 got shut down and now no one can play the MP with their friends, halo2vista is shutting down in a few days so why should this mean the end of halo 2 for good when halo 2 is one of the largest milestone in online gaming... i dont think every game should be remade because not everyone got shutdown. (dukenukem and i think doom 3 got remade) i can see why some people look at it as obnoxious to remake halo games though because it doesnt seem right but they are worth while games.
Remaking its original MP will never happen and it shouldn't happen, IMO. The most they should do is what Halo CEA did and take 5-8 maps and remake them - then add them into Halo 4's MP with some achievement perhaps.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #71
Vicousvern

vicousvern's Gamercard
I love the Halo 1 remake, its clear a lot of effort went into it, I would love to see the 2nd remade to the same standard. The 3rd game as others have said would be pointless, maybe it will be one of the spin-offs like ODST or Wars but any Halo after the 3rd are visually good enough anyway.
Vicousvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #72
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
I've no idea how this got a 3 page thread. The link in the OP is clearly fake.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #73
IanCFitz

Send a message via AIM to IanCFitz

IanCFitz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekkeron View Post
Just completed it a few weeks ago, since the online servers were getting shut down. They have since extended the shutdown to june. So there is still time.

For the record I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 and had no problems running Halo 2.
IanCFitz is offline   Reply With Quote