PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Rowan88

Send a message via MSN to Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
Complete On Hard Never Unlocked

Hi,

I just finished the game playing through on Hard but I never got the "Absolution" achievement at the end.

Does anyone know if this is glitched or if there is a way you can see what levels never registered as completing on hard?

Thanks
Rowan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
When I got the game I did like 3-4 levels on Purist but gave up and went to hard on the levels after. Just earlier I went to replay one of those levels and it showed that last difficulty I did was on Purist, it wasn't on normal like the others you see?

That's the only way I know is when you go to choose difficulty for the level whatever it's already on is I believe what you last completed it on. So maybe recheck all your levels in the menu and if one is on Normal do it over. That's all I can think of.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
Checked that there and all my levels are set to HARD

I also thought it might have been a mission I had 0 score on (I ran through killing everyone at the end) but after redoing it and getting positive score still no achievement.

Can someone who has the achievement confirm when you look at each area in a level that they all have positive points, they dont have any that are blank or minus points just to see if thats the cause of it before I redo them all.

Last edited by Rowan88; 11-28-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan88 View Post
Checked that there and all my levels are set to HARD

I also thought it might have been a mission I had 0 score on (I ran through killing everyone at the end) but after redoing it and getting positive score still no achievement.

Can someone who has the achievement confirm when you look at each area in a level that they all have positive points, they dont have any that are blank or minus points just to see if thats the cause of it before I redo them all.
I got my achievements last night, just about to go in to the game again to do leftover challenges so I will come back here and edit my post.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
Thanks alot, its just ive got a few that are blank, but im not sure if they are ment to be blank or not.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
Ok im pretty sure its glitched as one of the missions "Absolution" I redone and got Silent Assassin in all 3 sections till the point where the credits came up.

But when I go back to level select it shows me first one as -,256 and the others as 136,500 and 201,705.

But if I click Leaderboards on the -,256 one it shows my score as 7,820.

:S
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
All mine I have points and like I said I got the achievement last night for completing it, so that's very strange.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
How is hard advised to start? Mission select or new game?

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
I tried redoing a mission on a harder difficulty (Expert) and when I go to the scores there all blank as ive not played that difficulty except the one I just done which had saved.

When I change it back to hard it still has the minus points score.

I have no idea what to do!!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
I got it yesterday too but I started a new game in hard and always sticked to that difficulty by doing "Continue".
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Cakolukia

Gamboochie's Gamercard
I'm afraid you may need to replay it on Hard while only hitting "Continue."

This sucks, but seeing as you've already done it, it really shouldn't be as hard as you think because you'll know exactly where to go and what to do.

Plus, the game's fun...so it's not like you have to replay a shitty game. Good luck!

Cakolukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
Primate

the primal 1's Gamercard
I had the same problem but luckily it popped for me after I replayed the prologue and first mission. Though I had already finished all missions on hard, I had played King of China Town on normal for some challenges and it remembered that was my last playthrough.
Good luck
Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
I only need the 1 million contract achievement then my safest bet would be deleting my save and restarting the hard campaign fresh.

Or does anyone know if I do NEW GAME does it reset all my levels scores?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
I got as far as the Convience Store and after I completed it the achievement popped
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #15
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yea, a good portion of the achievements on this game are glitched. I'll come back to it someday and try and beat it on Hard, then completely scrap all of my save data for the play styles that glitched for me.

What sucked about that, too, was that I emailed Square Enix customer support, was e-mailed that I would receive a reply in 48 hours, and about one week later, I was emailed only a survey asking me how the customer service representative was. Such a joke.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #16
ScubaKev

Angry Same problem. No "hard" achievement.

I played the game on Normal. Used level select to play ALL of the levels on hard. Finished the game. No achievement.

All I can think of is that a couple times when I finished the level on hard then I went back in to gather evidence at Normal, it didn't count that I had just done it on hard? Pure speculation. If I knew what levels I'd done this one, I could test the theory. I've also heard talk that maybe it doesn't unlock if you don't click "Continue" after finishing a level but instead go to the Main Menu? No idea.

As the game has no way to tell me (hat I can find) what difficulty it thinks I've completed the level on, I stuck with starting at the very beginning. Is there a way that I am missing to deduce what difficulty it believes I played each level on? I'd prefer to not have to play the entire game from start to finish on Hard again. Perhaps some day in the future I'd do this, but not this month.

I posted on the Eidos Forums and to the Hitman twitter feed but don't really expect a response. I see some mention on the Eidos forums about this with no useful responses, so they don't know or don't care or don't read the forums.

Last edited by ScubaKev; 02-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.
ScubaKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
crisatron

chrisskills's Gamercard
Can anyone confirm if I should start my hard playthrough using level select or new game as I've read conflicting views on this?

crisatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Punisher294

FrankCastle492's Gamercard
you can choose level select as you please. I got the achievement yesterday. How i played the game was level selecting right up until the barbershop stage, I played it on hard on that level and just continued every time i finished a level.

What was weird is that all the previous levels to that were finished on purist but the achievement didn't unlock right away when i finished the game. So i "Selected" the first stage, from the very beginning (including the tutorial) and i played through to the second stage on hard. Once i finished the second stage the achievement unlocked. Hope this helps.

Punisher294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #19
Darkfoot Fox

Darkfoot Fox's Gamercard
So I was in the same boat. I completed every level on hard and did not unlock the achievement. I did go back to level select and notice that I received no points for the prologue mission. I completed that mission, however I still did not receive the achievement. I thought this was weird because the only difficulty I played on was Hard. I started looking up the issue and it seems people were unlocking after repeating the first two missions on hard. I did this and got the achievement to unlock! So to recap:

If you are sure you have completed every mission on hard and it still glitched, I say repeat the first two missions on hard and it should pop. It did for me.

If you are not sure, which levels you have completed on hard; try starting/completing a mission on hard, then go to level select. At the bottom there should points you've received/gained as a result of completing that level, if it is zero then you have not beat that mission on Hard.

Let me know if this worked for you, I hoped I helped!
Darkfoot Fox is offline   Reply With Quote