PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Carbon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Career Grievances and Annoyances

A few days ago I picked this game up after starting it several years ago. I only had 2 achievements from back then and it was before I knew awful EA treated some of their games.

Anyways, I just got the career mogul achievement and had a few annoying issues along the way.

1. Rival cars stopping in front of me in races to slow me down while they instantly speed up and stay in the lead.

2. My wingman stopping in front of me slowing me down for no good reason.

3. Having the Bosses' pictures show up during races. They're so ugly it bugs the crap out of me.

These are my top 3. What are some of the things that tick you off in career?

Last edited by Morbious17; 02-06-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Morbious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbious17 View Post
2. My wingman stopping in front of me slowing me down for no good reason.
I completely agree with this. It got so bad that I'd start doing anything I could to push them to the back of the race. I'd never use drafters, and shied away from scouts. Always made sure to "upgrade" their cars to the worst stats possible. If I was ahead and had a blocker for my wingman I'd spam his power to try and keep him as far behind me as possible.

Only other thing I found to be a big issue was using the pursuit breakers during cop chases. I hate how it has to enter a cutscene every time you hit one, takes control of your car from you during that time, and does nothing smart with how it drives it for you. The amount of times I've returned from those cut scenes with all 4 tires flat because the game thought it a great idea to drive my car right through a spike strip during a cutscene... Have to say I'm glad I figured out it never goes to cutscene if you use speedbreaker.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That was bothering me too. I'll have to try speedbreaking through them from now on.

Also, I get hit by Progressive vans more than any over civilian vehicle. Do they not care about driving since they save so much on insurance?