PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
jordan1979

Playing Solo = Searching for 40 minutes for balanced match

Now I get that this is a team-based game, and that I really should make the effort to become more involved in the community. But with people on my friends list rarely playing it these days... it's a frustrating experience.

A night of Battlefield for me, and this was in the same in BC2, yet oddly not in BC1 or 1943... consists of the following:

Search browser for potential match. Join preferred map. After loading, before the screen even appears: "Enemy now controls ALL objectives, I repeat, ALL objectives." And sure enough, all 4 are covered. A look at the tickets confirms it: 400:190 or something. At this point, I've learned to not even bother spawning. Because spawning in this type of match means that I'll be one of the few guys on my team trying to cap a flag. The rest are either dead, waiting on a helipad/runway or just time wasting in the sky. Being lvl35 and going against a team of Col's who have the place locked down - I'll admit it, I fucking rage.

So then you quit. Do the same thing over again. An immediate look at the tickets says it all - rape session. Repeat. This goes on and on and on, untill you seemingly glitch or fluke your way into a 1:1 match. And even then, it won't stay that way for long. This is my main gripe - it is unrelenting, 9/10 I get put in a shit match full of noobs. The funny thing is, if you try to switch teams the game practically says no, that is unfair.

And don't even get me started on Rush. Used to LOVE this game mode in BC1. Here, if playing solo and attacking, be prepared to die. A lot. If defending, be prepared to be swarmed and slapped around the place.

My quit ratio is 53%. And it doesn't bother me. I just flat out refuse to be cannon fodder for 4+ Col's who have 800 hours each and are all friends. Fuck that. Ain't doin it.

Still prefer 30 mins of searching to COD though.

Last edited by jordan1979; 01-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How about you sneak past the enemies and capture the flag near the enemies spawn. It's not hard at all.

No I'm not saying I'm good. Just a suggestion

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
jordan1979

Because it flashes, they're alerted to what's happening, then the cavalry arrives. For Rush, this process is even quicker. Because there are two targets instead of 4 and the good old fashion alarm screams for help.

I just don't understand why a Col can't be put on the shit side, or how DICE's balancing even works.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Just ride a match out. I get put in horrible losing games all the time but i don't quit them. Hell I hardly ever quit BF games. Just because the team sucks doesn't mean I can't still work my stats and have fun.
You may even get your team interested if you start pushing and get them to work too. Plus next game is a whole new story.
I play solo mostly and have learned for lone wolfing it's easier to play TDM IMO. Just less to worry about.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
SeductiveNoodle

SeductiveNoodle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1979 View Post
Because it flashes, they're alerted to what's happening, then the cavalry arrives. For Rush, this process is even quicker. Because there are two targets instead of 4 and the good old fashion alarm screams for help.

I just don't understand why a Col can't be put on the shit side, or how DICE's balancing even works.
Why does it matter what side a Colonel is on? It's just a rank that shows relatively how long they have played for, not a factor of skill.

Really my solution is to get some buddies to play the game with you, makes playing the game 1000 times more fun! Yes I agree, playing with randoms is a chore and more often than not, it's not fun. If you're not having fun playing Conquest or Rush, why not try the other game modes?

I personally play TDM when playing alone (sometimes Rush) as I don't need to rely on the randoms that much to win and just have a good time playing it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
I3east Lig3r

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeductiveNoodle View Post
Why does it matter what side a Colonel is on? It's just a rank that shows relatively how long they have played for, not a factor of skill.

Really my solution is to get some buddies to play the game with you, makes playing the game 1000 times more fun! Yes I agree, playing with randoms is a chore and more often than not, it's not fun. If you're not having fun playing Conquest or Rush, why not try the other game modes?

I personally play TDM when playing alone (sometimes Rush) as I don't need to rely on the randoms that much to win and just have a good time playing it.

You will learn that some Colonels are really bad. If you bring up stats then I will say what Noodle said. W/L is the only stat that I could care for.

Quote:
~Publilius Syrus
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #7
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
I understand what you mean about unbalanced teams. I get in crappy games all the time and I am a Col. 100 shitbucket using mothertrucker. Although you can usually change the course of the game in Conquest as long as the other team is noobish, which is a common occurrence.

Two things cause unbalanced teams, the first being that most people do not play as a team they play it as any FPS and do what ever they can to make sure they keep a positive K/D and/or there are people on the other team using teamwork and mics in a party roflstomping you. Either that or "Pubstacking" which is when the whole other team is friends and even though they lack skill win through shear numbers and some basic team work.

My suggustion, find an active platoon to join through battlelog so you have more friends to play with. Also instead of quitting finish the game out, the lobbies usually do balance as long as a couple people quit so the balancing can occur.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
My suggustion, find an active platoon to join through battlelog so you have more friends to play with. Also instead of quitting finish the game out, the lobbies usually do balance as long as a couple people quit so the balancing can occur.
This^^

Unless there's some blatant stacking going on I usually ride a server out until I get tired of the map rotation. It all works out over a game or two without interference from admins.

If on the shit end of a full flag capping and your team is doing the spinny jump prone dofuckall dance in the start zone... I personally like to just slip out, drop a beacon and start taking tags, or mining/C4'ing vehicles, etc, find some entertaining ways to ride out the storm and let the other team know that even when they have a full cock block on they should watch their asses. Make them paranoid.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Now I get that this is a team-based game, and that I really should make the effort to become more involved in the community. But with people on my friends list rarely playing it these days... it's a frustrating experience.

A night of Battlefield for me, and this was in the same in BC2, yet oddly not in BC1 or 1943... consists of the following:

Search browser for potential match. Join preferred map. After loading, before the screen even appears: "Enemy now controls ALL objectives, I repeat, ALL objectives." And sure enough, all 4 are covered. A look at the tickets confirms it: 400:190 or something. At this point, I've learned to not even bother spawning. Because spawning in this type of match means that I'll be one of the few guys on my team trying to cap a flag. The rest are either dead, waiting on a helipad/runway or just time wasting in the sky. Being lvl35 and going against a team of Col's who have the place locked down - I'll admit it, I fucking rage.

So then you quit. Do the same thing over again. An immediate look at the tickets says it all - rape session. Repeat. This goes on and on and on, untill you seemingly glitch or fluke your way into a 1:1 match. And even then, it won't stay that way for long. This is my main gripe - it is unrelenting, 9/10 I get put in a shit match full of noobs. The funny thing is, if you try to switch teams the game practically says no, that is unfair.

And don't even get me started on Rush. Used to LOVE this game mode in BC1. Here, if playing solo and attacking, be prepared to die. A lot. If defending, be prepared to be swarmed and slapped around the place.

My quit ratio is 53%. And it doesn't bother me. I just flat out refuse to be cannon fodder for 4+ Col's who have 800 hours each and are all friends. Fuck that. Ain't doin it.

you can play with me. im almost as good as highsound. my gt is gmurda33--ill be on at 5 pm est today.

gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
It would be nice that if before joining a server, it showed how long the game has been playing for. So that you know if you're about to join a map that's only just begun, or if you're going to be greated with the "your team lost" screen as soon as you're passed the loading screen.

On-topic though; I have played many games where in conquest, my team has been down by at least half the tickets, but many times, the table gets turned, and the team that was losing 160-500 tickets, goes on to win.

I would advise playing with friends when you can though or making friends to play with, as it makes the game much more enjoyable, and you're less likely to rage than when playing with randoms who refuse to pick you up in a vehicle or drop ammo/health etc.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If I'm playing alone then I only play TDM. That way my effort actually means something. I played a handful of games last night and finished each game with 40-50 kills. When you consider that I'm putting up 25% of my team's kills, you can see where one person can have an impact on the game. My past experience with lone wolfing in Conquest is that I finish the game with a shitload of points from capturing flags REPEATEDLY, but since I can't capture and hold the flags, it's generally a losing effort. If I manage to buddy up with some of the fine folks here (Opiate42, I3eastLig3r to name a pair) then I will venture into an objective based game.
CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
If I'm playing alone then I only play TDM. That way my effort actually means something. I played a handful of games last night and finished each game with 40-50 kills. When you consider that I'm putting up 25% of my team's kills, you can see where one person can have an impact on the game. My past experience with lone wolfing in Conquest is that I finish the game with a shitload of points from capturing flags REPEATEDLY, but since I can't capture and hold the flags, it's generally a losing effort. If I manage to buddy up with some of the fine folks here (Opiate42, I3eastLig3r to name a pair) then I will venture into an objective based game.
lets be best friends

Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
lets be best friends
Only if I can be the big spoon.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
wizardfire

chelseawinners's Gamercard
Quote:

I thought that only happens to me,glad I'm not alone...

wizardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Quote:
lets be best friends
Quote:
I see gmurda's already over me! haha

Can I be the middle spoon? Although Benny might get jealous.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post

lol as u stand me up AGAIN.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I save my spoons for ice cream.

Was great playing with you again the other day Saint. Fun turning that spawn bitching around for a win.

"Hit it"
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:

Sure. You can be the middle spoon as long as I get to be the big spoon.

Quote:
lol as u stand me up AGAIN.
Don't be angry. He stood you up for THIS. My milkshake brings him to the yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I save my spoons for ice cream.

Was great playing with you again the other day Saint. Fun turning that spawn bitching around for a win.
Indeed! I didn't notice you at first, but it definitely was good to play with you again. My connection to EA servers remains spotty though and the last game that I played with you I got the boot. "You have lost connection to the server," or some bullshit to that effect. I started up my server again. It's mainly running TDM on Operation Metro with 200% tickets, but I'll mix it up with some Conquest every now and then.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Indeed! I didn't notice you at first, but it definitely was good to play with you again. My connection to EA servers remains spotty though and the last game that I played with you I got the boot. "You have lost connection to the server," or some bullshit to that effect. I started up my server again. It's mainly running TDM on Operation Metro with 200% tickets, but I'll mix it up with some Conquest every now and then.
Please do, still have a hate for TDM. Still addicted to conquest.

I kinda snuck in all ninja like.

It's funny, I did the quick match thing... got routed onto a Metro server running CQ, but was in full spawn bitch and I'd come off a string of bad/laggy games and didn't have the patience so bailed.

Said fuck it, joined your game instead.... routing routing load screen loading loading....loooooadinggggggggg.......

And?

Same match. Exact same lobby.

"Hit it"
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Please do, still have a hate for TDM. Still addicted to conquest.

I kinda snuck in all ninja like.

It's funny, I did the quick match thing... got routed onto a Metro server running CQ, but was in full spawn bitch and I'd come off a string of bad/laggy games and didn't have the patience so bailed.

Said fuck it, joined your game instead.... routing routing load screen loading loading....loooooadinggggggggg.......

And?

Same match. Exact same lobby.
I'll most likely be online a few nights this week, so if we manage to hook up then I'll switch it over to Conquest. I normally leave my server on TDM so that I can do the Lone Wolf routine.

Edit: As you can see from the graphic in my signature, the server is staying pretty full. I guess people like the Close Quarters Rapefest of TDM on Metro. My favorite thing lately is to run around with a suppressed weapon so that I can play stabby stabby with my gay orange box cutter.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #21
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll most likely be online a few nights this week, so if we manage to hook up then I'll switch it over to Conquest. I normally leave my server on TDM so that I can do the Lone Wolf routine.

Edit: As you can see from the graphic in my signature, the server is staying pretty full. I guess people like the Close Quarters Rapefest of TDM on Metro. My favorite thing lately is to run around with a suppressed weapon so that I can play stabby stabby with my gay orange box cutter.
I have no idea what you're on about.
It's yellow.

"Hit it"
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
Zm4rc0

Zm4rc0's Gamercard
In our server I switch myself if the enemy team gets spawnkilled.
We have '0' banned playes & we are looking 4 more admins. Whoever is interested, contact me on xbox.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
I have no idea what you're on about.
It's yellow.
Dude. That is totally orange. Seems that someone needs to stop spooning, rub the sleep from their eyes and smell what the cutter is cutting.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Dude. That is totally orange. Seems that someone needs to stop spooning, rub the sleep from their eyes and smell what the cutter is cutting.
That's simply the effect of the shadow, indirect lighting. Only half way through my coffee.

But it's still a box cutter.

Regardless of the acb or plain old niff, I want to see the tags come off a schlubs neck when I shank him, but alas only the PC master race get that little nuance.

"Hit it"
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Also I don't see why you went off to find a picture of it when you have one in your signature...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #26
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
That's simply the effect of the shadow, indirect lighting. Only half way through my coffee.

Regardless of the acb or plain old niff, I want to see the tags come off a schlubs neck when I shank him, but alas only the PC master race get that little nuance.
Being that you hadn't had your coffee yet, I'll give you a pass. This time. Don't let that shit happen again though!

Quote:
Also I don't see why you went off to find a picture of it when you have one in your signature...
Yeah. I noticed that but didn't want to shame him too much. As it stands, we already know he's colorblind.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:

as long as i can be the nuttella on the spoon.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #28
I3east Lig3r

Quote:
Sure. You can be the middle spoon as long as I get to be the big spoon.
What spoon am I? Or am I a spork?

Quote:

You were that "schlub" for me (Don't know what that means). Maybe Canadians are colour-blind? Or Opiate just needs to get his eyes checked

Quote:
~Publilius Syrus
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3east Lig3r View Post

You were that "schlub" for me (Don't know what that means). Maybe Canadians are colour-blind? Or Opiate just needs to get his eyes checked

oh man u can be the head of the spoon. u live in texas so u r only an hour behind me. will you be my new best friend? fuck saint and rich---our time zone differences are tearing us apart. i have holes that need filling. will you be my bf3 valentine forever?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
Opiate42

Opiate42's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Being that you hadn't had your coffee yet, I'll give you a pass. This time. Don't let that shit happen again though!

Yeah. I noticed that but didn't want to shame him too much. As it stands, we already know he's colorblind.
Boo-urns! Both of you!! Boo-urns!!!!!! Don't make me cut you both again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
as long as i can be the nuttella on the spoon.
Nutella...mmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3east Lig3r View Post

Schlub: Urban dictionary is your friend.

I'm completely blind and play by prescience. We don't have gravity here this far north either. Not close enough to the equator. We all have to wear lead boots or hold onto the grass for dear life.

"Hit it"