PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Is it possible to activate Checkpoints twice?

I'm on the 6th mission on hard and have to recover 4 fuses. I got to the checkpoint by the stairs and activated the checkpoint after getting the first fuse.

I collected another one and wanted to save at the checkpoint again to avoid having to collect it again if I get caught but I don't have the option to do so. But if the enemies spotted me and I run over the checkpoint it says something like: "Checkpoints can't be activated while enemies are hostile.".

Am I doing something wrong or can checkpoints activated only once?
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
As far as I remember, once you use a checkpoint, you can't use it again. However, I also admit to not really using checkpoints much because they were unreliable as far as what would be reset if you had to go back to a checkpoint.

But in your description, it sounds more like you were unable to use the checkpoint because of hostile AI and not because you'd used it before.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
I used it before and after the enemies were not hostile the checkpoint turned green again and should be useable. But I couldn't activate it a second time.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Checkpoints can only be activated once, I'd recommend saving activating it until you double back.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Thanks. I'll make sure that I don't waste any checkpoints.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
TheGunslinger

I noticed today while doing "Shaving Lenny" (which has at least three checkpoints) that, while you can't use a checkpoint twice in a row, if you use one checkpoint, then later a second, if you then went back to the first you could use that one again. I don't know if that was a fluke or a regular thing in levels with multiple checkpoints.
TheGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #7
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunslinger View Post
I noticed today while doing "Shaving Lenny" (which has at least three checkpoints) that, while you can't use a checkpoint twice in a row, if you use one checkpoint, then later a second, if you then went back to the first you could use that one again. I don't know if that was a fluke or a regular thing in levels with multiple checkpoints.
The way it essentially works is that one checkpoint is active at a time. So in the case of a map that has multiple checkpoints, activating one after having activated a previous one makes the previous one available again.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I've only recently started playing this, one thing is confusing me with the checkpoints. It saves my location within the level, but all enemies respawn. Is that right? Should it be that way? Wasn't sure if it was some sorta glitch I was getting
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
Domenick

Based Trucos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunslinger View Post
Confirmed.
Domenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Sometimes if you kill a boss after, you can use the same checkpoint again. I can't remember there being a situation like that on the mission you're talking about though.
That was my least favourite mission in the game so far, I gave up trying to be stealthy and just sprinted to the elevator once I had the four fuses.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote