Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Inquisition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Kal El Fornia

Kal El Fornia's Gamercard
Playing as a human again...

I myself am kind of bummed by that fact, but hey, the game will probably still be fun. What do you guys think about it? Personally, I miss dwarfing it up.
Kal El Fornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
im ok with it, but i would have liked a choice. as long as there is a lot of customization, then ill be happy with it. although i did enjoy playing as an elf archer in DA:O.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Id prefer it to go back to letting us choose but its not a deal breaker

will knock a couple of points off the review score though
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

I don't mind. The Human Noble origin is my favorite of the 6 in Origins. And I liked Hawke. So I'm sure whatever protagonist Bioware uses this time around will be just as likeable to me. I just want to see some more information about the game. Hopefully they'll show it off at E3 this year. I'm really excited for it.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
ConfederateSuga

Send a message via MSN to ConfederateSuga

Launcher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I hated almost everything about DA2. It's the same disdain I felt for ME2 and ME3. It's like they took the substance of that actual gameplay out and replaced it with better graphics and more intense cutscenes. DA:O, IMO, is the last great BioWare game. I have ridiculously high expectations from BioWare games and with the last 3, they just haven't met my expectations...at all. I'm giving them one more chance with DA3.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
freedomgeass

Assassiness7's Gamercard
If i am not playing as hawke i would like to go back to a Elf Archer like i play in all fantasy games
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I prefer playing as a human anyhow, so this is not a letdown for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateSuga View Post
I have ridiculously high expectations from BioWare games and with the last 3, they just haven't met my expectations...at all. I'm giving them one more chance with DA3.
Stop having those expectations. The most important people who had the vision and will to do those games have left Bioware. And with BioWare being a part of the EA empire, they are subjected to the same treatment as all EA games.

Which doesn't mean I expect DA3 to be bad. It might well be a very entertaining RPG. I just don't expect BioWare games to be like 'old' Bioware games anymore.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
H0p3sfalL
Promoted !!!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I'm sure they will but in the importing of your DA/DA2 character. Bioware does with all of there games so why not this one.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Kairi
Mod / Guide & Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
A choice would have been nice, but I personally have no problem with playing as a human. I tend to select human characters in games like this anyway lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
The False Deity

the false deity's Gamercard
Tend to choose elves but I can live with not having pointy ears I suppose...
The False Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
Darker Hollow

Darker Hollow's Gamercard
Yeah, it kind of sucks. They should let you choose different races like in DA1.
Darker Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Total Shinobi

Grey Kiryu's Gamercard
In Origins I was an Elf I think, but Humans are cool too. The variety of playable races wasn't that vast anyway so I'm not bothered by this.

If a game like The Elder Scrolls made it only possible to play as a Nord in Skyrim, I would have been pissed. I always play as a Khajiit. Always.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
If it makes story sense then im OK with it but if im like i could see myself playing this as a dwarf of elf then i will get a little mad i was not able to be one.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
steveyboy10792

DrasticSkuba's Gamercard
I do feel a bit bummed about just being a human. Hopefully they can null the pain by giving a bunch of origin stories!

I'm going to take my wrath of anger from DA2 and kill everyone I can in Inquisition, except for my romancee

Last edited by DEG23; 12-28-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Double Post
steveyboy10792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
darthroker29

Send a message via MSN to darthroker29 Send a message via Yahoo to darthroker29

xHydraSpherex's Gamercard
I always like playing as a human soi dont really affect me...
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #16
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Wouldn't mind the choice, but it's what happens when they decide to do a fully voiced main char. That's my main issue from DA2, I hated the dialogue choices, rarely would I ever want to select one of the few things that I could, and when there was one I actually wanted, Hawke would just fuck it up by saying something ridiculous that I wasn't expecting from said option.

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #17
The Invader

Invader Maiden's Gamercard
While I did enjoy the different race options in DA:O, being stuck as a human isn't too much of a loss. Our said character could be something completely ridiculous, after all. Like a tanuki that is rainbow colored.
The Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #18
PainOfDemise

PainOfDemise's Gamercard

I don't have a problem with this, mostly because I always play a human anyway, even if I do get an option to chose other races. Humans are just always my first characters I make.

PainOfDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #19
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

People are still replying to this thread so I feel I should post this and let you guys know that it isn't true. This was pure speculation from before any details of the game were announced by BioWare.

They've already revealed that you'll be able to play as a human, elf, dwarf, and qunari in this one. So don't worry guys. You'll be able to role play to your hearts' content in Inquisition.

I personally foresee myself doing well over a dozen playthroughs of this one at least. I just love to see all of the different options available. Can't wait for the release date to be 100% confirmed. Right now it's just listed as "Fall 2014." Role on 2014. It's going to be a great year for RPG gamers.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
People are still replying to this thread so I feel I should post this and let you guys know that it isn't true. This was pure speculation from before any details of the game were announced by BioWare.

They've already revealed that you'll be able to play as a human, elf, dwarf, and qunari in this one. So don't worry guys. You'll be able to role play to your hearts' content in Inquisition.

I personally foresee myself doing well over a dozen playthroughs of this one at least. I just love to see all of the different options available. Can't wait for the release date to be 100% confirmed. Right now it's just listed as "Fall 2014." Role on 2014. It's going to be a great year for RPG gamers.
Sounds good. I'll probably end up only playing as a Human now Well, i can't do Dwarves, But Elves are cool, and i can't wait to try out a Qunari.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
Boomjc

BECKS THE NAME's Gamercard
well i was about to update that you can play as all races but at least some 1 els knew
Boomjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 AM   #22
PainOfDemise

PainOfDemise's Gamercard

It's nice to know that you can play as other races, since I do like to go back and play them and see how everyone reacts to you depending on your race.

PainOfDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
steelhill

szczurasek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post

Very good news! I completed DA:O as a human noble but I played also as Dwarf and Elf. DA2 was a bit disappointing that you could only choose your class.

Now i don't have so much time to play games but in old times i tried to complete Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn with evry race and class... almost succeded
steelhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #24
m1 yid

m1 yid's Gamercard
I'd prefer a choice. But humans arnt all bad ha ha.
m1 yid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
Nathan WV10

Send a message via MSN to Nathan WV10

x Nathan Wv10 x's Gamercard
Having a choice was definitely better and it made extra playthroughs that bit more interesting, but I don't mind being a human.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig and Rajeanero for the avatar
Nathan WV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #26
Pipkins379

EdgierRainbow38's Gamercard
I've always played as human anyway so it doesn't bother me but it's a shame that others don't have the choice as a lot of people like to play dwarf. It will be interesting if you really can choose Qunari though.
Pipkins379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #27
Xylose Kepeli

Xylose Kepeli's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Female elf archer I shall create again. Just wish there were dark elves in DA.

Thanks to ShinigamiMidora on DA for this.
Xylose Kepeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #28
Kujaling071

kujaling071's Gamercard
I love being human

With origins I did all the origins prologue stories, but I just can't seem to stick with them the Human Noble story is to good. So here I go with the third game
Kujaling071 is offline   Reply With Quote