Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
texameradian

texameradian's Gamercard
The Magic of Distraction

I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not. I throw the rocks, the notice it. Do they have to investigate or no?

"Iron Man is such a hero. Especially when I'm playing him because I'm such a score whore." -- Capn Doug
texameradian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texameradian View Post
I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or not. I throw the rocks, the notice it. Do they have to investigate or no?
The achievement says 'fully' distract so yeah I guess they need to investigate.

Personally, I got this on the mission with all the ships in that cove where there are loads of dudes wandering about. I was throwing about 10 rocks a minute at various guards and it unlocked in no time.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
texameradian

texameradian's Gamercard
I was able to get it. A friend of mine recommended that I hide and throw rocks at one guy and wait until he resets. Luckily there were two of them there so I was able to get it after ten attempts.

"Iron Man is such a hero. Especially when I'm playing him because I'm such a score whore." -- Capn Doug
texameradian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This took me quite a bit longer than I would have guessed it should have. Like Rivercurse said, just keep throwing rocks, unless you live in a glass house. Damn that should have been an achievements name...

Last edited by WalterWhite; 02-01-2013 at 05:09 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Yeah you gotta wait till they reset and not kill them. I played half the game thinking "what the fuck", but the I read up on it. I think it would have been a better achievement to kill 25 distracted guards but oh well

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
BeardedHoplite

BeardedLegion's Gamercard
Since I beat the game and liberated all outposts, is there anywhere I can find bad guys to distract?

BeardedHoplite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite View Post
Since I beat the game and liberated all outposts, is there anywhere I can find bad guys to distract?
Try the compound?

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
To make this achievement less of a drag, occasionally throw rocks near enemies before you decide to kill or move past them during your playthrough. When I actually decided to go for this achievement it only took a few tries because I usually threw a rock before I engaged an enemy.

Also, I don't think it matters if you kill an enemy or not after distracting them with a rock. As long as they move towards the rock, look around, and return to their original position, it should count towards the achievement.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote