Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #61
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
You have obviously never flag hunted in the first Assassin's Creed if you think the feathers are bad.
Very perceptive. Good post.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #62
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
It kinda does. There is only so much space on the disk and if they add MP then they have to make the story short so they can fit the mp onto the disk. If they didn't have to add MP they could come up with a longer and better story.
Why do assume they "made the story short" and didn't just have the extra room? You're saying this is in relation to a single-player franchise becoming multiplayer, which means that there were previous games, probably this generation. So, don't you think they were maybe able to compress the code or something while still adding and expanding?

As for the "longer and better story", that's the problem with the whole Mass Effect 3 ending debacle. These writers told the story they wanted to tell. These aren't licensed or tie-in titles we're talking about. Most of them aren't pushed out to go with some other media or anything of the sort (usually; deadlines do exist in some cases, sadly). The game is likely as it was meant to be.

I'm not trying to really "argue". I just hate that everyone on here is so freaking cynical. Why jump right to the most negative, pessimistic conclusions? Why does it have to be:

"2K cut BioShock 2's storyline to make room for some tacked on multiplayer!!!"

and not

"Maybe BioShock 2's storyline didn't live up to the original's and the multiplayer was poorly implemented. Though others probably like it, it just wasn't my cup of tea."

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
I also hate quicktime events and tacked on MP. You can tell when its tacked on when they just take sections of the game from single player and call it a map.
By that definition, you're thinking more Saints Row's and Grand Theft Auto's multiplayer instead of Assassin's Creed's and BioShock 2's. The latter two's multiplayer maps were new areas. >.<

Last edited by Fire Hawk D; 02-04-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #63
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
I might be one of those rare people, who actually likes QTE's. Though I don't like it, when they keep popping all the time. Oh, and those parts where you basically have to press a single button 50 times per second for 10 long seconds to get past the part.

(Resident Evil 4 rolling rocks on Professional and some parts in Resident Evil 5 on Professional, where you had 0.3 seconds or less time to react. )

Jesseeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #64
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk D View Post
Why do assume they "made the story short" and didn't just have the extra room? You're saying this is in relation to a single-player franchise becoming multiplayer, which means that there were previous games, probably this generation. So, don't you think they were maybe able to compress the code or something while still adding and expanding?

As for the "longer and better story", that's the problem with the whole Mass Effect 3 ending debacle. These writers told the story they wanted to tell. These aren't licensed or tie-in titles we're talking about. Most of them aren't pushed out to go with some other media or anything of the sort (usually; deadlines do exist in some cases, sadly). The game is likely as it was meant to be.

I'm not trying to really "argue". I just hate that everyone on here is so freaking cynical. Why jump right to the most negative, pessimistic conclusions? Why does it have to be:

"2K cut BioShock 2's storyline to make room for some tacked on multiplayer!!!"

and not

"Maybe BioShock 2's storyline didn't live up to the original's and the multiplayer was poorly implemented. Though others probably like it, it just wasn't my cup of tea."
Bioshock 2's MP was decent but got boring after awhile. I came to the conclusion that they cut the story to make room for the MP because it fits. People nowadays don't typically buy singleplayer only games, they rent it. Multiplayer is where its at and that leaves room for them to make map packs as I'm sure its easier to do that than to think of a story expansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Hawk D View Post
By that definition, you're thinking more Saints Row's and Grand Theft Auto's multiplayer instead of Assassin's Creed's and BioShock 2's. The latter two's multiplayer maps were new areas. >.<
I wasn't referring to Bioshock 2 and I've never played Assassin's Creed past the first one.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #65
haelos

haelos's Gamercard
my top 3 of motivation killers:
1. collectibles
2. terrible placed checkpoints etc.
3. bad voice acting
haelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #66
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I can deal with a shit ton of collectibles that don't mean anything, I skip them.
I can deal with MP in games that don't need it, I don't play it.
I can deal with short campaigns if they are fun and re-playable with decent stories. Or I just didn't spend much cash on it and don't care.
I can deal with unskippable cut scenes, I go grab a beer.
I can deal with badly developed games that are broken, not fun or are just plain fucking terrible, I play once and never again, stop playing, or don't play it at all.

What I can't stomach above all else, in any game but especially in otherwise perfectly fun games:

Quick time events. Intentionally breaking immersion. Ruining the momentum of a moment. Making a game come to a grinding halt for timed button presses that are completely not what you were just spending the entire game doing.

The only time they have ever been useful was during Walking Dead. Since that was the play control for it... it works and works well.

In any other games like shooters they can go to hell.

That Halo 4 ended with a quicktime event was rage inducing. Completely broke my "OH FUCK YAH WE'RE AT THE BOSS YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! happy success vibe. Here's this epic badass boss with "The Force" of the Forerunners....thinking big badass fight ahead.

..... fight after fight after fight to get there and it just kept getting cooler.... then.... a QT... cut scene... roll credits....wait... what just happened? say wha? That was....it?

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 02-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #67
Slaughter.
The Knife in the Dark

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
The Animus in the Assassin's Creed games.

Most recent completion -
Velvet Assassin

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #68
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
Killers for me;

QTE's completely ruin the f.low or me.
Useless or an obscene amount of collectibles.
Aaaaand day 1 dlc. Wtf?!? Especially when it's already on the disc...cough* Capcom.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #69
Noble666

noble666's Gamercard
For me the hardest thing to play isn't a bad game, but a game that if it had more time for testing or polish it would have been great. Far Cry 2 is good example of if they had spent more time on the multiplayer it woud have been amazing instead of beautifully flawed.
Noble666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #70
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There are many things that can mess a game up in my opinion. Like:
  • QTE's: Why do I need one just to open a door or push a sword into the bowels of an enemy?
  • Unskippable cut-scenes: especially the ones right before a boss and if you fail on the boss then you have to start from before the cut-scene. Really?
  • Useless collectables: If the collectable rewards you with something in game then great. I have no problem with them unless there are 700 or so needed...<cough> <cough> Crackdown <cough>
  • Bad controls/camera: This is mainly about games like Assassin's Creed. Great game series but when you get to those 'must jump out at a 30 degree angle to make it to other side' when the camera is wonky and/or you have a problem getting the correct perfect angle from the thumbsticks on the controller. I don't know how many times that while hanging from a post sticking out of the wall and trying to jump at just the perfect angle to the right that instead of jumping right I run up the flipping wall and fall all the way down to the ground which may result in death from extreme heights.
  • Random events: Having a story element or an achievement based on a random event that may or may not happen in your first 1000 attempts is just as fun and exciting as getting a colonoscopy at the same time as getting a root canal.
  • Glitched achievments: I know this doesn't interfere with the story, as such, but when you work hard at something for the pay-off...and don't get the pay-off, then that can mess your game up for you.
  • X-ray vision enemies: Gotta love those enemies that can spot (and then precede to shoot/attack) through a wall. Or the ones that can spot a gnat crouching on your butt-cheek from 200 yards away and also have the perfect aim to 2-shot kill you from that distance.....with a pistol.

Last edited by Qonok; 02-11-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #71
Barad
I found some Exotic Socks

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

Quick time events. Intentionally breaking immersion. Ruining the momentum of a moment. Making a game come to a grinding halt for timed button presses that are completely not what you were just spending the entire game doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qonok View Post
There are many things that can mess a game up in my opinion. Like:
  • QTE's: Why do I need one just to open a door or push a sword into the bowels of an enemy?
Man, you guys would hate The Bourne Conspiracy. Every boss on that game is just a huge, long, annoying, pointless quick time event battle with non stop smashing of the buttons all over your controller. So much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #72
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Man, you guys would hate The Bourne Conspiracy. Every boss on that game is just a huge, long, annoying, pointless quick time event battle with non stop smashing of the buttons all over your controller. So much fun!
I hate QTE's but I loved the Bourne game. Didn't find the QTE's in that one very annoying at all for some reason. Want to exp some horrific Quick Time Event's? Play Resident Evil 6.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #73
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I hate QTE's but I loved the Bourne game. Didn't find the QTE's in that one very annoying at all for some reason. Want to exp some horrific Quick Time Event's? Play Resident Evil 6.
That huge ass monster in the circular room when you play Chris' campaign springs to mind, quit the game because of that and the stupid dodging and running around. URGH. Stupid game.

Everything is a mo'fookin QTE in that game, EVERYTHING! You might as well just turn in it to Heavy Rain 2.0... (although I did enjoy that game so maybe not )

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #74
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
I loved that Bourne game as well, I listed it along with Syndicate as one of the most underrated games on Xbox in that other thread. The QTE on some games like 007 Goldeneye and some of these Japanese games can get annoying though and just seem pointless.

I haven't played RE6, and don't want to from what I hear, the QTE's not being of the reasons which is worrying.

Quote:
Quote:
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #75
BiggD
42 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Resident Evil 6 + QTE's = most annoying thing in a game. Climbing the rope at the end of Leon's Campaign...took me almost 30 minutes

Quote:
I haven't played RE6, and don't want to from what I hear, the QTE's not being of the reasons which is worrying.
Good! Don't! Cause it was a waste of $60 and the biggest disappointment of 2012.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:45 AM   #76
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Resident Evil 6 + QTE's = most annoying thing in a game. Climbing the rope at the end of Leon's Campaign...took me almost 30 minutes

waste of $60 and the biggest disappointment of 2012.
You're a literally the 3rd person to quote this towards the game word for word. Man they must have really fucked up, luckily I'm not even a RE fan.

Quote:
Quote:
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #77
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Same. I wanted to complete that game, and I would have if it wasn't for the QTE's.
Just want to add the series is getting worse each release. Chris' campaign being a 3rd person action shooter with RE controls was just about the worst idea Capcom has ever come up with. Id like for them to keep the co op though in future titles.
I'm also tired of never fighting zombies anymore, and only ever fighting B.O.W.'s
Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 AM   #78
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Same. I wanted to complete that game, and I would have if it wasn't for the QTE's.
Just want to add the series is getting worse each release. Chris' campaign being a 3rd person action shooter with RE controls was just about the worst idea Capcom has ever come up with. Id like for them to keep the co op though in future titles.
I'm also tired of never fighting zombies anymore, and only ever fighting B.O.W.'s
LOL you guys are scaring me away from even playing RE6! I better leave before you start up about Bethesda! I havn't even started my Fallouts yet and I know you will try to ruin my high hopes for the games! Hahaha!
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #79
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delow317 View Post
LOL you guys are scaring me away from even playing RE6! I better leave before you start up about Bethesda! I havn't even started my Fallouts yet and I know you will try to ruin my high hopes for the games! Hahaha!
Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeeally...
I must remember that, if I wasn't about to fall asleep I'd go into a nice lengthy hate filled rant about Bethesda...but lucky for everyone I'm far to tired right now to complain
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #80
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Knight's Contract on hardest difficulty, toughest QTEs ever. They would only appear in boss fights, and you virtually had to start hitting the button before the prompt appeared. Failure would mean a boss would regenerate one third to half of their health, except for the final boss which would insta-kill you.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #81
Vampire Amaya

Vampire Amaya's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The only thing I can't stand in games is terrible-beyond-terrible voice acting. Right now (well, not right this second..) I'm playing through KUF:CoD, and I just really can't stand the voice acting! Most of the time there's no emotion in what they're saying, and when there is emotion it's either misplaced or not enough/too much.. They don't converse with each-other naturally, it's like they're all amateurs (even though I swear Moonlight is Patrick Stewart, though I can't be arsed to check).

Quote:

The only thing I hated about RE6 was running in circles from the huge B.O.W. at the end of Chris' campaign. Had to attempt that section about 50 times (no, I'm not exaggerating) because somehow he would always catch up with either me or my boyfriend.
I don't care much for where the story is heading, and I prefer the thrills I got from the original 3, but it's not a terrible game in my opinion.

Vampire Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #82
BiggD
42 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
I actually considering ditching the game at the crazy amount of QTE's towards the end of everyone's Campaign. It was just so unnecessary.

I gotta agree with you. If RE didn't have Co-Op...it would be 9487x worse. Chris' Campaign was a disappointment (to be kind) which is a shame because I love Chris.

I probably won't even bother with a future RE game, to be honest. Maybe Revelations in May, and maybe that rumored sequal to Raccoon City (because I'm the only person in the world who liked that game for what it was), but that's about it.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #83
Ioriyagami

iori yagami 27's Gamercard
I hate:

1) respawning enemies, in particular some areas where you need to run and score the checkpoint while a whole horde of enemies relentlessly assault you.
2) Cutscenes that you can't skip. It's good the first time you play a game, but when I play a new game plus or I restart a checkpoint I don't want to see the same cutscene over and over.
3)Pietro Ubaldi. Good voice acting but they use him in a lot of games!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #84
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
I actually considering ditching the game at the crazy amount of QTE's towards the end of everyone's Campaign. It was just so unnecessary.

I gotta agree with you. If RE didn't have Co-Op...it would be 9487x worse. Chris' Campaign was a disappointment (to be kind) which is a shame because I love Chris.

I probably won't even bother with a future RE game, to be honest. Maybe Revelations in May, and maybe that rumored sequal to Raccoon City (because I'm the only person in the world who liked that game for what it was), but that's about it.
I liked Operation Racoon City, the online was laggy and sucked and I hate "get S rank" type achievements lol but aside from that I had fun playing it. Probably because I could play it with my brother. Co Op instantly improves a game for me.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #85
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
I liked Operation Racoon City, the online was laggy and sucked and I hate "get S rank" type achievements lol but aside from that I had fun playing it. Probably because I could play it with my brother. Co Op instantly improves a game for me.
I enjoyed Operation Raccoon City, too. It was a fun little game. Easy, too.

I'm from a large, poor family. So, we only had one console at any one time to share amongst 7 kids. And, since my father loathes video games, we had pretty restrictive time limits on turns. So, co-op was the only way to go.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #86
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Collectables: Jumping on the band wagon here. I really don't see the point unless they have some use. Like audio logs in Bioshock, so you get bits of back story.

Voice Acting: Bethesda, I'm looking in your direction. Not only is there few actors used, they are bloody awful as well. Totally ruins a game. Gackt will just disagree and say Bethesda games are awful anyway, but for me, I enjoy their games until I hear dialogue.

Short campaigns: Spec Ops was a fun game for me. But I had completed the game in 3hrs 42m. Glad I got that dead cheap, else I would have been so gutted had I paid full price on release day.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #87
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
the vision of the developers/publishers to make loads a money in the first place

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #88
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Mental note to self... never play that. Ever.

That reminds me of the old xbox Nightmare Before Christmas game.... the boss fights were like that.... and fast as hell too, fucking awful.

Even the minimal QTE in FF13-2 is driving me batty. Just let me hit the fucker with my sword already!!!!!!!! Fuck this shit.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:22 AM   #89
JDLSyn91

JDLSyn91's Gamercard
I absolutely HATE cut scenes that I cannot skip, I don't mind them intially, but I would love if it recognised if you're playing through for a second time and give you the option (or even better do it in the first place)

Also... no autosave feature, or very few and far between checkpoints.

Or dying and restarting at the start of a level because the game has no checkpoints at all.
JDLSyn91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #90
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Voice Acting: Bethesda, I'm looking in your direction. Not only is there few actors used, they are bloody awful as well. Totally ruins a game. Gackt will just disagree and say Bethesda games are awful anyway, but for me, I enjoy their games until I hear dialogue.

In Skyrim they used two people that were in Babylon 5, and one of them wasn't even Bruce Boxleitner. Now, I enjoyed Babylon 5 but anyone that argues that it was well acted is just plain stupid.

To make it worse the two actors they used from B5 were the one that played Ivanova (Claudia Christian who voiced: Aela, Legate Rikke, Adrianne, Breya, Bryling, Queen Potema and about 20 other voices) and the guy that played that shitty ass telepath cult leader from the shitty 5th season (Robin Atkin Downes who voiced Brynjolf...In his defense he actually is a very good voice actor who gets a ridiculous amount of work).

So yeah...voice acting in Bethesda games isn't exactly great...

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor
"I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek." -Rusty
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote