PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #541
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
I actually played three rounds of "Boooooom Snipes" last night (12/20/12) and I am pretty sure that the event was from the 19th to the 20th. I did not, however, get a ribbon for it (just like the previous "Hardcore Weekend".

Again, I started to play Gears 3 back in late May, so there is no way I could have had the ribbon from before. So even though I didn't get a ribbon, I can absolutely confirm that "Boooooom Snipes" was up on Thursday (12/20/12)

-M

Edit: I just finished playing "This is my Rifle" and I got another Judgment ribbon. I did not get one for "Boooooom Snipes" (on Thursday) or "Hardcore Weekend," but I did get one for the others. Weird. Maybe ... uh, nah, I got nothing. I have no idea why some of the Gearsmas events are giving me ribbons and some are not.

Last edited by Silicon Iceman; 12-22-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #542
Silicon Iceman

New event is up: One Shot, One Kill. I got a "Judgment" ribbon for it on 12/26/12. I don't know how long it's been up for, though.

-M
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #543
MicroCool

MicroCool's Gamercard
I've been playing One Shot, one kill a few times today and have yet to get it to count. I've never played this match type before because I'm not that good with the sniper. The event ends today according to the website. I've also tried just regular matches. Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #544
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone know if there's any New Years' Eve/Day/Week events going on? I wish there was some GoW3 Event Calendar to be found on Epic's website, or ANY OTHER website for that matter. It would be nice to know if I could pick up the FINAL event I need for my 30 events achievement, especially considering I've owned the game since release day - I'm married and don't have too much time to play gorey, action-based modes for very long without catching too much shit from my wife!!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #545
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by d00gler View Post
I'm married and don't have too much time to play gorey, action-based modes for very long without catching too much shit from my wife!!
Pfft teach her to play, mine plays Gears with me!

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #546
The Rech

The Rech's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCool View Post
I've been playing One Shot, one kill a few times today and have yet to get it to count. I've never played this match type before because I'm not that good with the sniper. The event ends today according to the website. I've also tried just regular matches. Any ideas?
It looks like they still haven't updated the event. I've been checking every other day or so.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #547
Silicon Iceman

The event has changed. It is now KOTGNASHER. I got another "Judgment" ribbon for it. I didn't play Gears 3 earlier this week, so I don't exactly know when it started, but I played on 1/9/13 and I got it, so I guess you can state that on the calendar.

-M
Old 01-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #548
FrickXC3

Send a message via AIM to FrickXC3

FrickXC3's Gamercard
Ill be watching this for the next week when I see an event pop ill post here
FrickXC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #549
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
New event anytime soon?

dotCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #550
tacultima1

tacultima1's Gamercard
New event as of 2/04 "Can you dig it?". Unfortunately for me, I seem to have that event also already....
tacultima1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:18 AM   #551
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
New event Cupid something. Didn't get me achievement with it though.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #552
PuttyGod

PuttyGod's Gamercard
Yep, apparently I already played those two. Although I would've sworn I hadn't... Who knows. Let's continue to update this painful, but necessary, thread.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #553
Sora

OakenDilla NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCody View Post
New event Cupid something. Didn't get me achievement with it though.
cupid's wingman.
Didn't unlock Socialite for me.
Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #554
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Event is still Cupid's Wingman. Someone please update when the next event is live.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #555
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Everyone head over to the Gears of War: Judgment forum and voice your opinion in the "Will you boycott Judgment?" thread.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #556
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCody View Post
Thanks for spamming this thread.
One post isn't spam. The fact that it has a DIRECT relation to the screwed up manner they handled the events, and hence the entire reason for THIS thread, makes it perfectly relevant. And in case you didn't notice, I created this thread.

Time to head back under your rock there troll.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #557
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
One post isn't spam. The fact that it has a DIRECT relation to the screwed up manner they handled the events, and hence the entire reason for THIS thread, makes it perfectly relevant. And in case you didn't notice, I created this thread.

Time to head back under your rock there troll.
Well excuse me if I'm a little pissed that I still haven't gotten this bullshit achievement and am still waiting for the next stupid fucking event.

And the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #558
lifeexpectancy

Hmm, pot calling the kettle black? I think not. You see, you accused me of spamming my own thread, in which case you were incorrect because the post you accused of being spam was actually relevant to the OP of the this thread, aka Epic's shitty ass support of the event system. I was directing people to another thread in the hopes that they might speak with their wallet and not give Epic any more money for such piss-poor business practices.

So your post was in fact trolling because you made an ill-conceived accusation with no basis in fact. You were upset. I can only assume it was because you were hoping the new post in the thread was letting people know there was a new event up, and you took your anger out on me by calling my post spam, which it was not. There have been plenty of posts in this thread that weren't mentioning a new event, but as long as they're related to the OP and aren't totally off topic, then they are not by definition spam.

Pointing out the fact that your post was a troll post due to its afore-mentioned unsupportable accusation does not, in fact, make me a troll. So you see there is no pot and kettle comparison here.

You're free to take this post as a troll post if you wish, but I'm merely trying to explain to you why you're mistaken here. At any rate, if you're this pissed off about the damned event system then we're in full agreement on that regard. The event system was and will always be fucked up. I hope you will take the time to visit the Judgment forum and voice your opinion in the thread there, and also that you will not allow yourself to be taken to the cleaners by Epic anymore and will refrain from buying any more of the garbage they're feeding gamers.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #559
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Hmm, pot calling the kettle black? I think not. You see, you accused me of spamming my own thread, in which case you were incorrect because the post you accused of being spam was actually relevant to the OP of the this thread, aka Epic's shitty ass support of the event system. I was directing people to another thread in the hopes that they might speak with their wallet and not give Epic any more money for such piss-poor business practices.

So your post was in fact trolling because you made an ill-conceived accusation with no basis in fact. You were upset. I can only assume it was because you were hoping the new post in the thread was letting people know there was a new event up, and you took your anger out on me by calling my post spam, which it was not. There have been plenty of posts in this thread that weren't mentioning a new event, but as long as they're related to the OP and aren't totally off topic, then they are not by definition spam.

Pointing out the fact that your post was a troll post due to its afore-mentioned unsupportable accusation does not, in fact, make me a troll. So you see there is no pot and kettle comparison here.

You're free to take this post as a troll post if you wish, but I'm merely trying to explain to you why you're mistaken here. At any rate, if you're this pissed off about the damned event system then we're in full agreement on that regard. The event system was and will always be fucked up. I hope you will take the time to visit the Judgment forum and voice your opinion in the thread there, and also that you will not allow yourself to be taken to the cleaners by Epic anymore and will refrain from buying any more of the garbage they're feeding gamers.
That was a nice wall there, Professor. Maybe, some day, I'll read it.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #560
lifeexpectancy

It's ok Cody. I understand your frustration, both at Epic and myself. I still hope you get your socialite.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #561
Sidn22ey

Legit completion is the ONLY completion worth aiming for.

Sidn22ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #562
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
It's still Cupid's Wingfuckingman.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #563
PG_MaxPayne

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
Just tried playing the Cupid's Wingman playlist after picking up a used copy at GameStop and it didn't unlock for me, although I did see my progress get bumped up to 29/30 like everyone has been saying.

1...MORE...EVENT!!!! Just give me my f***ing event so I can get the 70 gamerscore and be happy with my 1,800/2,000 in GoW3!
PG_MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #564
PuttyGod

PuttyGod's Gamercard
This is absurd. Even with every piece of Gears 3 content on sale as the deal of the week, they still didn't bother to change the event. Jesus, why not just create one last one that 'nobody' has, yet, and then this will all be over for everybody.
This is a stupid problem to have.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #565
PG_MaxPayne

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
This stupid achievement has pissed enough of us off!!!

Why can't EPIC just clear all ribbons, create one brand new unique ribbon and attach it to ALL events and then just rotate the events every 2 weeks?

Can't be that hard right? They do that and problem solved for everyone.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #566
PG_MaxPayne

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
The event changed from Cupid's Wingman to BTTE EXE today. Played it and STILL no ribbon. *sigh*
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #567
Gleskosaur

Gleskosaur's Gamercard
Finally!!!! I unlocked Socialite
Gleskosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #568
PG_MaxPayne

MaxPayne2004's Gamercard
Would it work if I deleted all of my Gears 3 data and then cleared my cache and then replayed the game to get Socialite?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #569
Gleskosaur

Gleskosaur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG_MaxPayne View Post
Would it work if I deleted all of my Gears 3 data and then cleared my cache and then replayed the game to get Socialite?
i have not been playing this for months and did not have many event ribbons, but when i started up my game on saturday i suddenly had 29 ribbons, i played one match and voila, socialite unlocked...
Gleskosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #570
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleskosaur View Post
i have not been playing this for months and did not have many event ribbons, but when i started up my game on saturday i suddenly had 29 ribbons, i played one match and voila, socialite unlocked...
Epic Games bumped everyone up to 29/30 events last year.