Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #61
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
Yes, you did imply exactly that. In either scenario, you are quitting because you are losing, and this is exactly what you chastised another poster about suggesting.
Again, no. Many find no fault with a player quitting a match when they aren't provided a fair playing field when entering a JIP match, especially if the match is nearly expired as well as any chance at winning-- you can extrapolate that they're quitting because they're losing, but the real reason they're quitting is because the game is near pointless to even participate in if the victor is practically already decided. It's a difference between quitting because of losing and quitting because of principle -- that you will continue to search out a new game until you start out on an equal playing field with the other team.

Hypothetically, I assume you'd say the same about a player who JIP'd a Street Fighter game with 40% of their starting hitpoints. Players wouldn't bail because they're losing, they're bailing because it's immediately unfair and the odds are significantly stacked against them. Now, if someone quit later in a match where they previously had equal footing (aka started with 100% hitpoints), you'd be entirely correct. Sadly, considering the nature of JIP games, this is most often not the case.

edit: Rereading my posts, I don't see where I "chastized" anyone for saying people quit out of a game because they're losing. If anything, I simply said that he was implying that people only quit because they're losing, which I think isn't true. That's not chastizing, but rather a claim that people quit for a variety of reasons, regardless if they're in the lead or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
You are now implying that people quit because they are losing - something you chastised another poster about a few posts up.
So no, I don't believe I've ever said that people don't quit because they're losing; I simply made the statement that the above poster (whom I was quoting) implied people quit only when they were losing. Do explain how I chastised him?

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #62
Wrinklefighter

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Well, you pretty much chastise everybody on here, so I don't think it requires explaining. I'm not sure why you put so much time in trying to write off horrible behavior. Quitting that much (even taking JIP into account) should be punished. Man up, stick it out and play the game. Sure there will be SOME times when you join a 4 - 0 flag game and no you're probably not going to turn the tide enough to come back from the brink in a scenario like that. But you can do your best to spoil the other teams clean sweep and every blue moon you're going to turn it back around, win and leave the other team wondering what the hell happened.

And in my experience JIP sticks you in a game that is just starting out (not to say the opposite doesn't happen too). So you can go ahead and "quit on principle" because that means you're more likely to get a temp ban and I'm less likely to get stuck with you on my team.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #63
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
But guys...who quits?
People with 'Pro' on their gamercards. They're afraid it's going to hurt their Kill/Death Ratio because of Campers. Tears all around...

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #64
Wrinklefighter

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
People with 'Pro' on their gamercards. They're afraid it's going to hurt their Kill/Death Ratio because of Campers. Tears all around...
Yeah, how dare someone out-bitch tactic them.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #65
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklefighter View Post
Well, you pretty much chastise everybody on here, so I don't think it requires explaining.
You're so brave.

No but seriously, how did I chastise the earlier poster? I'm sincerely interested in getting to the bottom of this.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #66
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm amazed people are still bitching about JIP in Halo 4. It's not even an issue anymore. Seriously, if it puts you into a game in progress, just go to the Network menu and change settings to offline only and it pushes you back out of it. It takes all of 5 seconds to do.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #67
xxxxZIGGYxxxx

xxxxziggyxxxx's Gamercard
Its annoying when people quit, but its worse to me when the quit and stay in game to be killed easily.
xxxxZIGGYxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote