PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #31
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
This argument blows. Here's a video of Conan O'Brien playing Halo 4:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #32
LickableLemons7
 
LickableLemons7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,835

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
This argument blows. Here's a video of Conan O'Brien playing Halo 4:

Clueless Gamer: Conan O'Brien Reviews "Halo 4" - CONAN on TBS - YouTube
Does he even lift?

Argue that, bitch.
__________________
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #33
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
O_o I didn't say anything like that. I didn't even mention assassinations so why you keep fixating on those I don't know. You're putting words into my posts here.
Not at all. You suggested there was a difference between raging at someone else being better and raging because of mods (which I agree with). However, I proposed that a competitive player would be upset because they lost their killstreak or otherwise missed the opportunity for an exceedingly impressive medal; it was an attempt in having you respond whether or not those were casual scenarios that a player may rage to which you conveniently avoided with the answer "I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here"; indicating that your answer is indeed "because someone was better than them". I'll once again demonstrate with quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magica8
There is a difference between people raging because someone is simply better than them and people raging because someone is a cheating modding asshole.
So we're to assume you don't feel an inkling of satisfation when an enemy rages into his mic just after you assassinate him? Or when you ruin an enemy's gauss-turret perfection attempt and listen to him bitching at you in post-game?
I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here. There is a difference between rage caused by hackers and rage caused by someone being better.
Refer to the bold. I repeat, you extrapolated that because you assassinated a player, you're better than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Raging because someone gets the better of you is pointless.
Exactly. Which is precisely why I asked if it was appropriate for someone to rag in several alternate scenarios mentioned above.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I answer 2. I wouldn't care in the slightlest about his rage reaction, if he reacted that way. That doesn't mean I have no reaction when I kill someone in a game, I enjoy that purely because that's the whole point of these games and that's where the general enjoyment comes from. Don't take that to mean that I care about it when I hear someone rage after I kill them. That has no influence on my level of enjoyment. So no, I still don't understand why people find it funny or entertaining to watch videos of people raging.
Understood.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Not at all. You suggested there was a difference between raging at someone else being better and raging because of mods (which I agree with). However, I proposed that a competitive player would be upset because they lost their killstreak or otherwise missed the opportunity for an exceedingly impressive medal; it was an attempt in having you respond whether or not those were casual scenarios that a player may rage to which you conveniently avoided with the answer "I prety much answer that with the first part of my post that you quoted here"; indicating that your answer is indeed "because someone was better than them". I'll once again demonstrate with quotes.



Refer to the bold. I repeat, you extrapolated that because you assassinated a player, you're better than them.
O_o It's the same sodding thing, and you're still putting words into my posts. No, I didn't "extrapolate" that a player is better if he manages to kill someone who is on an impressive killstreak. You assumed that's what I meant and you assumed wrong, so I clarified with this next bit which you conviniently igonored:
"Ok maybe not being killed by a better player overall, but being killed by someone who handles the specific firefight you get into better and kills you legitmately, i.e. not by being a hacking cheating asshole."
just so your arguement fits.

I don't see what the difference is anyway. I couldn't care less if it's a casual player, competative player (which I never brought up O_o), whether your stats are better or worse, whether you shoot them in the head or assassinate them and teabag for an hour. It's all the same to me and I haven't said anything different, ever. You're just assuming things based on what I'm posting. If someone legitimately gets the better of you in game then raging is pointless, boring and not something to record and call entertainment.
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #35
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
O_o It's the same sodding thing, and you're still putting words into my posts. No, I didn't "extrapolate" that a player is better if he manages to kill someone who is on an impressive killstreak. You assumed that's what I meant and you assumed wrong, so I clarified with this next bit which you conviniently igonored:
"Ok maybe not being killed by a better player overall, but being killed by someone who handles the specific firefight you get into better and kills you legitmately, i.e. not by being a hacking cheating asshole."
just so your arguement fits.
So in essense you've changed it from them "being a better player" to "a player who scored the killing shot". A lot more reasonable. And no, again, I wasn't putting words into your posts. I merely explained why you seemed to suggest that assassinating another person indicated you were the better player; it's impossible for me to put words into your posts when that's exactly what your posts implied (due to you being non-specific) before your above clarification. I was well aware of your clarification and I accept it,; however, that doesn't change the fact that your earlier posts implied something that you didn't intend for them to. That's all I was getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
I don't see what the difference is anyway. I couldn't care less if it's a casual player, competative player (which I never brought up O_o),
Didn't claim you brought them up; was simply using adjectives as its typically competitive players who would rage in those circumstances I explained above. Unless you disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
You're just assuming things based on what I'm posting.
I'm sorry, is this not how forums work? How else would you suggest I make assumptions if not from your postings?

edit: This is the perfect example of what I was getting at earlier. Your quote above is implying that I shouldn't use what you post as a means to assume what message you're attempting to convey. That doesn't make sense however, considering that's exactly what someone must do if they want to adequately respond to you. You most likely meant for it to mean something else but due to being non-specific or using the wrong word choice, it was interepreted by others as something completely different.

In otherwords, I didn't assume wrong, but rather you presented your statement incorrectly and will more than likely have to clarify what you actually meant.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-08-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #36
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 172

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
I played halo 2 religiously for the 1st year it was out. I was around a 40 legit so i encountered hundreds of modded games. Most of the time i would get mad but there were some cool modders that gave everyone in the game the mod and it would be fun as hell! But at the end of the day modding is stupid and pointless
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
Kaiyo
 
Kaiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,502

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I hope they get removed from matchmaking before the Majestic Map Pack and its achievements come out so I can get them legit before they ruin them and force me to boost them.
__________________
PSN ID - Twitter - Raptr - Youtube - Twitch - BF4 Battlelog - XBL
PS4,PS3,PS Vita Platniums(6) - Full Achievements for Games(X360,X1,Microsoft related) Completed(19)
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
Wrinklefighter
 
Wrinklefighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 189

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
A well thought out and excellent argument Majica8, but you're wasting your breath. He'll respond back with more and more text until you're just bored with him.

This isn't entertaining, it's annoying. The point of MP is to win and if some jerk off shows up and lays waste to the entire team because of a hack he should be shot. Out of a cannon. Into a brick wall.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Is there ANY Thread in these damn forums where us Halo fans can't just get along without arguing over stupid shit?


You guys are really starting to piss me off with your back-and-forth nonsense...
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 02-08-2013 at 07:48 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #40
Majica8
 
Majica8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,141
Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
So in essense you've changed it from them "being a better player" to "a player who scored the killing shot". A lot more reasonable. And no, again, I wasn't putting words into your posts. I merely explained why you seemed to suggest that assassinating another person indicated you were the better player; it's impossible for me to put words into your posts when that's exactly what your posts implied (due to you being non-specific) before your above clarification. I was well aware of your clarification and I accept it,; however, that doesn't change the fact that your earlier posts implied something that you didn't intend for them to. That's all I was getting at.
You don't think my posts were clear enough, so YOU assumed something, and you were wrong. So I clarified, although you still thought your original asumption was right.
Quote:
Didn't claim you brought them up; was simply using adjectives as its typically competitive players who would rage in those circumstances I explained above. Unless you disagree?
I don't have a clue what type of player is more or less likely to rage tbh.
Quote:
I'm sorry, is this not how forums work? How else would you suggest I make assumptions if not from your postings?

edit: This is the perfect example of what I was getting at earlier. Your quote above is implying that I shouldn't use what you post as a means to assume what message you're attempting to convey. That doesn't make sense however, considering that's exactly what someone must do if they want to adequately respond to you. You most likely meant for it to mean something else but due to being non-specific or using the wrong word choice, it was interepreted by others as something completely different.

In otherwords, I didn't assume wrong, but rather you presented your statement incorrectly and will more than likely have to clarify what you actually meant.
O_o

Forget it, I can't even be bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklefighter View Post
A well thought out and excellent argument Majica8, but you're wasting your breath. He'll respond back with more and more text until you're just bored with him.
Thanks. And I know, I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
You guys are really starting to piss me off with your back-and-forth nonsense...
Sorry but I don't like people assuming things about me/my opinions when they couldn't be more wrong. I'm even less of a fan of being called a liar (which Hishoa basically said with his "Sorry, not buying it" comment which prompted me to reply again in the first place)
__________________

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3

Last edited by Majica8; 02-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Sorry but I don't like people assuming things about me/my opinions when they couldn't be more wrong. I'm even less of a fan of being called a liar (which Hishoa basically said with his "Sorry, not buying it" comment which prompted me to reply again in the first place)
"You guys" doesn't only refer to Hishoa and you, just everybody. Everywhere I look people are arguing.

I just don't understand how people aren't allowed to have opinions on this site. If you have an opinion about modding, so be it. Why him or anyone would have to argue with you on why you think what you think is just ridiculous.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #42
Wrinklefighter
 
Wrinklefighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 189

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Well on behalf of everyone this side of the Atlantic, I apologize for him being allowed near a keyboard.

Again, there's nothing cool or funny about the ass pipe in the video. If you want to get a smug sense of satisfaction be beating another team, try using skill.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #43
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklefighter View Post
If you want to get a smug sense of satisfaction be beating another team, try using skill.
A thing most gamers lack these days unfortunately.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Is there ANY Thread in these damn forums where us Halo fans can't just get along without arguing over stupid shit?
You're so correct, not going to deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
You guys are really starting to piss me off with your back-and-forth nonsense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Forget it, I can't even be bothered.
Wait, you really expected me not to draw assumptions based on what you post? I'm sorry, please go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I just don't understand how people aren't allowed to have opinions on this site. If you have an opinion about modding, so be it. Why him or anyone would have to argue with you on why you think what you think is just ridiculous.
I didn't disagree with his opinion on modding? I said it was completely justified to rage because someone is modding online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklefighter View Post
Well on behalf of everyone this side of the Atlantic, I apologize for him being allowed near a keyboard.
Oh, you so witty.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #45
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklefighter View Post
Well on behalf of everyone this side of the Atlantic
I like the western hemisphere the most of all the hemispheres. The eastern hemisphere may have all the best beer and a higher SAPC (Sexy Accent Per Capita), but we have Brazilian women and Franken Berry.

I think I've made my point. Sorry Majica.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
You're so correct, not going to deny it.

[However] I didn't disagree with his opinion on modding? I said it was completely justified to rage because someone is modding online.
AHH! Well whatever the arguing was then, I lost track halfway through - it's just....

Halo 4 sucks and there's nothing to do but argue, it seems like

EDIT: On a slightly brighter and more random note, it's snowing ALOT HERE IN JERZEY.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #47
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
AHH! Well whatever the arguing was then, I lost track halfway through - it's just....

Halo 4 sucks and there's nothing to do but argue, it seems like
Ah but we weren't arguing about whether or not Halo 4 sucks. We were discussing something completely different, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD
EDIT: On a slightly brighter and more random note, it's snowing ALOT HERE IN JERZEY.
I propose that this be your new display picture. Notice how Ron's armpit attempts to eat his nipple.



bonus: you and gheuh can start discussing weight lifting again as i've provided the perfect segue. =D

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-08-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Ah but we weren't arguing about whether or not Halo 4 sucks. We were discussing something completely different, actually.
Nah, I understand that but it seems like there's nothing 'cool' or 'fresh' to discuss/argue anymore since the game blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I propose that this be your new display picture. Notice how Ron's armpit attempts to eat his nipple.
LOLOL. Ronnie is a dorky guido (is that how they spell that word nowadays?) wannabe. Jersey Shore disgraces my living here.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #49
Wrinklefighter
 
Wrinklefighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 189

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I like the western hemisphere the most of all the hemispheres. The eastern hemisphere may have all the best beer and a higher SAPC (Sexy Accent Per Capita), but we have Brazilian women and Franken Berry.

I think I've made my point. Sorry Majica.

We do seem to rock a little too hard for one half of the planet to handle.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #50
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
LOLOL. Ronnie is a dorky guido (is that how they spell that word nowadays?) wannabe. Jersey Shore disgraces my living here.
The Jersey Shore itself, the place not the TV show, is pretty great, and I'm driving down there next Tuesday with a friend to book our yearly shore house. I'm hoping it didn't get hit too bad from the storm and there's a decent amount of places renting. We always stay in Point Pleasant since Seaside (where the Jersey Shore show is filmed) has been a dump long before that show was being filmed there. Point Pleasant doesn't have as big of a night life as Seaside, unfortunately, but I still prefer going there than staying in those slums they call houses in Seaside. Usually we only go out on the weekends that we're there, anyway, and the rest of the time we spend grilling in the back drinking beers. This one week out of the year is really the best time.

New Jersey is the best state. Haters can hate all day.

Oh, and we can't get into workout chat since we have that thread in off topic now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #51
ReverendSID
 
ReverendSID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Never-Never Land
Posts: 1,015

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
New Jersey is the best state. Haters can hate all day.
I'm not gonna hate on Jersey, but I'm gonna have to say New Hampshire's the best State.
__________________
Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #52
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,608

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
The Jersey Shore itself, the place not the TV show, is pretty great, and I'm driving down there next Tuesday with a friend to book our yearly shore house. I'm hoping it didn't get hit too bad from the storm and there's a decent amount of places renting. We always stay in Point Pleasant since Seaside (where the Jersey Shore show is filmed) has been a dump long before that show was being filmed there. Point Pleasant doesn't have as big of a night life as Seaside, unfortunately, but I still prefer going there than staying in those slums they call houses in Seaside. Usually we only go out on the weekends that we're there, anyway, and the rest of the time we spend grilling in the back drinking beers. This one week out of the year is really the best time.

New Jersey is the best state. Haters can hate all day.

Oh, and we can't get into workout chat since we have that thread in off topic now.
Oh, I meant the show for sure. Not the actual place - although Seaside is too sleezy, in my opinion. Point Pleasant, Avon, Wildwood and all them others are 10x better and cleaner. The storm may have destroyed those areas but I would think (and hope) they're better now if it did. But that sounds relaxing dude, makes me want summer to come to engage in such activities and days with my own friends.

New Jersey is most definitely the coolest state outta them all. Florida is pretty badass too - I wanna head down there soon and visit my cousins again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
I'm not gonna hate on Jersey, but I'm gonna have to say New Hampshire's the best State.
New Hampshire?! Nah
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #53
xxxxZIGGYxxxx
 
xxxxZIGGYxxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6

xxxxziggyxxxx's Gamercard
This makes me a sad panda.
xxxxZIGGYxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #54
FatalDeathSG45
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,515

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's only been 3 months since this game's release, and already people are modding it. Well, at least it's not as bad as World at War...
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #55
lifeexpectancy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,140

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ill admit I couldnt be bothered to read all the back and forth, quote war posts. BiggD summed it up rather nicely. I had posted in the Reach forums a while back that I had observed a more comeradery-prone crowd in the Halo community than other shooters' crowds on the 360. I couldnt put my finger on it exactly, but just noticed more "good game"s being said and such when playing Halo than any other shooter, and that the assholes, while prolific at launch, seemed to dissappear after a while as if they migrated like a flock of greckels with each new shooter release.

However I've all but quit playing Halo MP anymore because this doesnt seem to be the case now. I think some of the appeal-to-the-masses changes theyve made, along with their severely reduced aggression with banning cheaters as compared to Bungie, have brought in for the long term that particular group of douches Halo had been generally avoiding for so long during Halo 3 and Reach.

This modding prick is one of said douchebags. Whether hes just doing it for lolz or not doesnt matter. If it was done in matchmaking he deserves to be banned from live for life. This is like bringing in Lebran James to a peewee basketball match in gradeschool and saying its ok and competitive 8 year old boys should just relax and stop raging that he is ruining the spirit and fun of their game. Cheating, modding, hacking, etc have absolutely NO place in public matchmade games.

All that said, this is just my opinion and I wont sit and argue about it with someone who disagrees. People bickering back and forth like pubescent brats changes nothing and only gives him what he wants. I have no doubt the video's creator watches Halo forums and is laughing his ass off at arguments like yours.
__________________
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 8,075

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Cheating, modding, hacking, etc have absolutely NO place in public matchmade games.
It's funny you say that because quite a few people in the modding scene share your opinion too.
__________________

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 02-14-2013 at 12:49 AM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #57
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
This is like bringing in Lebran James to a peewee basketball match in gradeschool and saying its ok and competitive 8 year old boys should just relax and stop raging that he is ruining the spirit and fun of their game.
It's weird, because seeing a grown man slap 8 year old kids shots down while they get mad would be just as hilarious to me as the video from the OP.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #58
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
It's weird, because seeing a grown man slap 8 year old kids shots down while they get mad would be just as hilarious to me as the video from the OP.
This is already disregarding the fact that Lebran isn't modding or cheating but rather playing the game as it's meant to be played; the analogy is broken.

Speaking of which, if I were one of those 8 year olds, I wouldn't be pissed in the slightest; I mean, fuck, I'm playing against a goddamn celebrity basketball player, many fans would kill to have that opportunity. In all honesty, I can say that those kids would not be "raging that he is ruining the spirit and fun of their game". If anything at all, he's allowing them the opportunity to personally watch how he plays on the court so they could better themselves as players. It would very well be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for those children.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #59
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not much of a sports person, but I know enough from Co-workers to know that Lebron James vs an 8 year old would end up something like this:

http://youtu.be/6aKYZFcmAmU
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #60
lifeexpectancy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,140

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I mightve known people would find a way to twist the lebron comparison. You can replace lebron with some 8 foot tall nobody non famous street ball playing ex con witha knife in his back pocket that he stabs anyone with the ball with before they can shoot. That makes it a more appropriate anology and better demonstrates how ridiculous it is to argue on the behalf of a cheater lol. But as I said before to each his own. Youre certainly all welcome to your opinions.
__________________
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 PM.