PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Angry Birds Star Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
CeeDog99

Send a message via AIM to CeeDog99 Send a message via Yahoo to CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How to Backup Game Progress on Windows 8

I ran into an issue and figured I'd share this information here in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

The hard drive on my Windows 8 laptop recently crashed and would no longer boot or repair Windows. I had to replace it and install Windows 8 fresh. Most Windows 8 games sync'd their progress with the Microsoft Account profile and were restored when I reinstalled (including Angry Birds Space). For whatever reason, this was not the case with Angry Birds Star Wars and I lost all of my progress (after having 3 starred all levels) and I did not want to start over when they updated to add Hoth. After some searching I found the names of the save files on a forum covering all other platforms and was able to locate them on the semi-dead hard drive in this location:

C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Packages\1ED5AE A5.AngryBirdsBlack_p2gbknwb5d8r2\LocalState

Filenames: "bi_data.lua", "highscores.lua" and "settings.lua"

Replacing the files in the same location on my clean Windows 8 install successfully restored my game progress.

Last edited by CeeDog99; 02-12-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: adding filenames
CeeDog99 is offline   Reply With Quote