PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Aliens vs. Predator
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #31
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post

I really want to try and beat the campaigns on Nighmare...but now that I have it I am avoiding it....
Wimp
Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGlowx81 View Post
Wimp
so true...I just re-listed on eBay...

I'm just getting into Forza 3 and Mass Effect 2...just not into this game. One of the worst impulse buys I had on eBay in a while...oh well I should be able to get my $9 back...

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
AcidGlowx81

acidglowx81's Gamercard
lol ok.

Well I'm an "AVP fan' so I enjoy the game and what it offers. =)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #34
Kentle

Kentle's Gamercard
Yeah, they didn't really try as hard.
Kentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #35
AJ MARTINecu

AJ MARTINecu's Gamercard
This game is awesome
AJ MARTINecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #36
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCANEVALORE View Post
I have only touched the multilayer Demo and I've been looking forward to finally playing this game but I honestly think the Marine was useless online!
Just wow...how do you think the Marine was useless? A lot of people who using Predator or Alien underestimated how useful Marine is for online multiplayer because they think Marine is a easy kill which is not true. I have used Marine for online multiplayer all the time and pretty much everyone who dont use Marine against me and my team, they go after me but they ended up dead, lol. So far, Marine is my favorite and I used it frequently and always had highest kills on my team against other team. They end up pissed off and quit during the match. You gotta to learn and get hang of using Marine, it takes awhile to learn how to be a Marine.

Anyways, Gamespot, and IGN known to be paid by publishers to rate it a good 8-9/10 so what do you expect? This is why I dont ever listen to any professional game reviews. Only words to mouth, user reviews, or my friends that I would listen to especially giving any games a try.

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #37
Lorgar666

lorgar666's Gamercard
I was ready for this game to blow me away, but was a bit dissapointed. I love the Alien, and Predator films (not so much the AvP films!!) but this game just seemed like 3 mediocre games crammed onto one disc to make one big mediocre game. I ended up borrowing it from a friend, and was preparing for the worst, but got mediocre
Lorgar666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #38
Minidoofus1

Y 0 S H ix2 5 3's Gamercard
I thought this game was actually really good/fun. I played this a lot with my friends and its really fun.
Minidoofus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #39
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
again, I wasn't saying this was the worst game ever (Superman Returns, Power Gig and Bionic Commando come to mind) but more the most over-hyped disappointment.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #40
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
This game was absolutely horrible. I don't understand how anyone can say this game was good. If u think this game was fun, then I feel very sorry for u. This is how I came to my conclusion - I paid less than $11 (S&H included) for this game and u know what??? I FEEL TOTALLY RIPPED OFF - yes...it was that bad.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #41
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
Quote:
again, I wasn't saying this was the worst game ever (Superman Returns, Power Gig and Bionic Commando come to mind) but more the most over-hyped disappointment.
Yes, Bionic Commando was bad - but no where even remotely close to how bad this game was. I actually had a little bit of fun swinging around the world in Bionic Commando - I can honestly say that the only fun part about this game was when I finished it and moved onto something that didn't totally suck.

Last edited by Mellow Tha Pro; 07-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #42
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Tha Pro View Post
Yes, Bionic Commando was bad - but no where even remotely close to how bad this game was. I actually had a little bit of fun swinging around the world in Bionic Commando - I can honestly say that the only fun part about this game was when I finished it and moved onto something that didn't totally suck.
LOL...this game was pretty bad...still not the worst of all time.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #43
sphinx6

sphinx4's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
The game is up for that award from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of-2010...ex.html?page=3

I really wanted this game to be great (I preordered it and everything) and was let down.
well it didn't win. i thought it had until i looked at that website. final fantasy was miles ahead, just look at the results.

i've just finished playing aliens vs. predator and i thought it was okay. they are all the same aren't they? at least visually? i will admit the game forced me to cheat by automatically aiming and nearer the end of the predator campaign, my health bar would regenerate without using health shards. i would have rather played honourably and win fair and square without this cheating that went on. i did use a walkthrough for the predator campaign because i got stuck in areas such as the part when you have to put out the fire with retardant to progress because i couldn't find the pipe to break to release it.

the jungle mission had me in awe when i first saw it. the rays of light, the trees, the water... mind blowing. i think that was my favourite part in all three campaigns and out of the whole game.

i didn't like how there were so many boss fights at the end of the marine and predator campaign, it was annoying. using the kombi stick as predator nearer the end of the campaign kicked ass.

when you read or hear that movie tie in games suck, don't believe it. this game will restore your faith in them and anyway, this is one of the good ones. an extremely violent game too and i take what i said back about it not, although i could have been joking and surprise someone who thought it wasn't after what i said and went out and bought it.

i paid thirty dollars new zealand for this game and that was new. thirty dollars isn't alot of money in new zealand compared to the united states. i bought my copy online and when you do that, you save.
sphinx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #44
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx6 View Post
well it didn't win. i thought it had until i looked at that website. final fantasy was miles ahead, just look at the results.

i've just finished playing aliens vs. predator and i thought it was okay. they are all the same aren't they? at least visually? i will admit the game forced me to cheat by automatically aiming and nearer the end of the predator campaign, my health bar would regenerate without using health shards. i would have rather played honourably and win fair and square without this cheating that went on. i did use a walkthrough for the predator campaign because i got stuck in areas such as the part when you have to put out the fire with retardant to progress because i couldn't find the pipe to break to release it.

the jungle mission had me in awe when i first saw it. the rays of light, the trees, the water... mind blowing. i think that was my favourite part in all three campaigns and out of the whole game.

i didn't like how there were so many boss fights at the end of the marine and predator campaign, it was annoying. using the kombi stick as predator nearer the end of the campaign kicked ass.

when you read or hear that movie tie in games suck, don't believe it. this game will restore your faith in them and anyway, this is one of the good ones. an extremely violent game too and i take what i said back about it not, although i could have been joking and surprise someone who thought it wasn't after what i said and went out and bought it.

i paid thirty dollars new zealand for this game and that was new. thirty dollars isn't alot of money in new zealand compared to the united states. i bought my copy online and when you do that, you save.
I continue to be amazed at some of your posts....you're all over the place.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #45
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
I had no quarrel with this game, ripping out spines never gets old.
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #46
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Picked this game up for 7 from my local game shop, not the worst game i've played but it beats games like Quake 4 and Wolfenstein.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #47
mpleeds

mpleeds's Gamercard
I just started playing this game this morning. The game play isn't the greatest but I am enjoying it
mpleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #48
mpleeds

mpleeds's Gamercard
my biggest gripe is that once you finally get a handle on the game play for one character (Human, Predator or Alien) that particular game is over. The three species idea was a good one but failed in its execution.
mpleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #49
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
This game had too much hype but still a great game. Im most likely just saying that because i love the alien and predator movies. campaign was too short though
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #50
OneGrainOfRice

OneGrainOfRice's Gamercard
Even though I haven't completed the Alien side of the campaign, I have to say this game is full of fun and has great atmosphere especially on the Marine's aspect. I'm not a huge AVP fan, but this game is great! I ignore reviews and instead review it myself. I'm just disappointed they didn't add more depth into the campaign. Hopefully, when they do make an AVP2, it will match the hype it received. Overall, money well spent. Especially when you can get this cheap around 15$ US.
OneGrainOfRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #51
DonutKiller

TH3 KILLERDONUT's Gamercard
the game really could have been a lot better and should have had co-op when playing as the humans
DonutKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
Laurence IRE

Laurence IRE's Gamercard
AVP 2 was one of my best PC game so I had high hopes for this game to be great. This was the only game I ever pre-ordered and everything and was huge letdown.I can only hope Aliens: Colonial Marines will be better.
Laurence IRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #53
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I paid 30$ for this instead of Dantes Inferno during Christmas of 2010. Wow game was awful. The only fun parts of the game is Preadetor LVL 1 and the Preadetor trophy kills,after that the level design was awful. Stick with the Jungle theme please. Worst 30$ I've spent,true its not the WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. But it's not good. I'm not a graphics warrior,but the gameplay was bad. Why was I expecting an action packed SP shooter for the marine campaign.

I'm a die hard Alien fan and I love Preadetor 1,and 3 was enjoyable,I hated 2 because it ruined everything that was great about the first one. I loved Alien and Alien 2, 3 was mind numbiling bad WHY DID THEY KILL OFF EVERYONE!!

I've always hated AVP though. I like The Preadetor more because its not mindless like the Alien is but them fighting each other ? no thanks. This game was really bad. Even if it was 5$ now I'd pass. I beat Preadetor and Alien campaigns on Nightmare 2 years ago on PS3,Marine is really tough. That mode was a nightmare for all 3.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #54
GamerJani

GamerJani's Gamercard
I like this game a lot. I thinkthis is one of the best games I have ever played.

I hope that there would be more players in matchmaking.

I'm waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
pandaliamcod6

xG i GeNoCiDeZ's Gamercard
Aha... I got this game for free when I per-ordered Vanquish, so I cant really complain

50,000 G 28/01/2013
pandaliamcod6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #56
BasBox

BasBox's Gamercard
I actually enjoyed playing AVP and I still do. Currently I am trying to complete all campaigns on nightmare difficulty.
It's a pain, but still enjoy it.
Secretly I am waiting for Colonial Marines, should be more awesome and much better then AVP. I hope it comes out quickly, so I will have a good excuse to abandon nightmare playthrough of AVP.

AVP just reminds me of the very first AVP back in..... how many years ago? I remember playing it on my PC at night with all lights turned off. No other game gave me the jumps like the first AVP did! Played that Marine campaign countless of times. Surely the new AVP campaign is better in visuals and audio, but it doesn't have the same effect like the old one. Maybe because that was the first one. The first one is always the best one.

But surely AVP is not the worst game. Of course, have to respect people's opinions but in my book this AVP is not bad, more good then bad.
BasBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #57
Sinful Samhein

Sinful Samhein's Gamercard
I personally liked this game. It was for the most part fun, but challenging especially on the achievement side of the fence. I think the bar was set to high and that is why this game failed to meet expectations.
Sinful Samhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #58
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful Samhein View Post
I personally liked this game. It was for the most part fun, but challenging especially on the achievement side of the fence. I think the bar was set to high and that is why this game failed to meet expectations.
yeah...it was hyped pretty bad. It fell on its face.

Michigan Members Unite!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #59
FORSAKENxLegacy

x7Shadz 0f Grey's Gamercard
yeah it sucked
FORSAKENxLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote