PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Action > The Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
earn all badges

Is anyone having trouble collecting all the badges in story mode on story 2?

I can't get all the chests because the second chest on all the missions won't shoot on any of the levels. Tried it several times and it just won't shoot when I tap at the chest.

I am using touchscreen on MS Surface RT.

Must be some glitch because I tried it by swiping tapping and touching the chest when the target appears.
sentury111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
Worked fine for me. Also using a Surface RT using tilt mode. Some of the chests are a but tricky as you have to jump or duck when they appear and any movement will act as if you shot. I found that some of them were easier if you take a different path (as in go right instead of left on turns etc). The pickups change on different turns so that may be a better option to try than to frustrate yourself getting the exact spot at the exact moment to get a specific chest.
tormond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
I've tried going different routes and jumping and shooting and tapping several times, tried shooting early and late. It is the second chest on all the story 2 levels but the boss.

Maybe I have to uninstall but do you save all your coins and progress?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
Let me rerun them and see. I have gotten them all on all levels but will try them again. I currently have all but undead rush maxed and rush is at level 3. When I did it originally I had all three at level 1 and apparently one of them is impossible if all are maxed. I did however find that it is MUCH easier to do the challenges separately (ie don't pick up any of the power ups when going for the chests)

Will update in a few minutes. Let me go run them again
Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
First lvl. All lefts
Second level. All rights
Third lvl. Right, right, then all lefts
Fourth lvl. Right, then all lefts

If you follow those turns there are NO "tricky" ones except level one where you get the option to shoot before turn 4 and the chest is just around the turn. This is at the last turn before the end of the level. Very easy if you just make sure to not tap before you make the turn

Hope this helps. I did this without collecting any power ups except the ghost one and none of the chests were gotten while in "ghost mode" I just used it to make re-running the levels a bit easier for trying different routes.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide but still a no go. I did get the second level chests the other day because it let me shoot all of them.

But tried the first level again and either left or right on the first turn it won't let me shoot the second chest. Tried collecting powerups and bypassing all powerups and a combination of them and no luck.

Must be just my copy. Maybe I will have to try it with the touch cover and see if I have better luck.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
tormond

Tormond's Gamercard
I will try it again but pretty sure none of the ones on level one were right before or after a jump/duck. The only weird one was right at the end of the level where it is around a turn. Problem I ran into the first 800 times or so I ran it is that I was touching the screen when I turned the corner from holding it to tilt. Made sure I was touching the black part and it worked fine.

If you get the option to shoot (which happens about 2 seconds before the chest is actually "shootable") and you are touching the screen at all it will fire before the chest is "live".
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
The one I'm talking about is when the boulders come rolling towards you. It's a really easy one but my guy doesn't shoot. Before the target or at the correct time.

Really irritating.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
ivansuperpower

ivansuperpower's Gamercard
sentury111, try to shoot a bit before the red circle surrounds the chest... This happened to me too... I need 6 tries before succed. I shot almost as soon as the bullet appeared at the top of the screen..

Good luck!
ivansuperpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #10
sentury111

sentury111's Gamercard
I installed windows 8 and got all my missing badges on the second try. The first I had to learn what to do to play with keyboard.

Now only need the distance and purchase achievements.

Going to save up enough diamonds to buy like 150 continues then go for it. Will probably be awhile.