PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
KabuKiArcade

Send a message via ICQ to KabuKiArcade Send a message via AIM to KabuKiArcade Send a message via Yahoo to KabuKiArcade Send a message via Skype™ to KabuKiArcade

KabuKiArcade's Gamercard
Can you boost achievments 1v1?

Did a search but couldn't find any info on 1v1. I notice Battlefield premium is on sale at a few places this week for $40, if I picked it up for my second account/xbox and then rented a server, can some of the ribbons and achievements be earned 1v1? I thought I read you need 4 players for a game to start, but the solutions for multiple achievements indicate you can start a ranked server with two people minimum.

Has anyone done this, had luck, been banned? I don't plan to boost rank, just some of the difficult ribbons and achievements (Yes I know the achievements are honestly not that difficult but its easier than trying to be the ass in the skid loader on wake island).

KabuKiArcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
which ribbons do u consider difficult enough to require boosting? IMO if you arent going to boost your rank---you will easily get every ribbon in the game playing normally by the time you reach colonel.

and besides even though this is an achievement website--the active bf3 community around here really frowns upon boosting anything for this game.

Last edited by gmurda33; 02-05-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: hes a homo
gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
KabuKiArcade

Send a message via ICQ to KabuKiArcade Send a message via AIM to KabuKiArcade Send a message via Yahoo to KabuKiArcade Send a message via Skype™ to KabuKiArcade

KabuKiArcade's Gamercard
Honestly I don't have a lot of time into the Multiplayer at all, I had the Karkand maps from the limited edition but just picked up the season pass on sale. I hear Nemesis is a harder one (I know - it will come over time) but I'm not an expert in all the guns. And things like getting a kill with a repair tool, or goofy stuff like that.

I understand, having played BF:BC and BF:BC2 and of course all the ones on the PC that its really cool to get those type of kills naturally - Heck I remember unlocking my last achievement in Bad Company 2 Vietnam with a hell of a sniper shot. But struggling to get 50 kills with the underslung grenade launcher while the 870 squads are raining hell doesn't seem like a fun time.

Nice reason for editing your post as well!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
instead of knifing someone, use the repair tool, and its actually very easy to get m320 kills---just use it on metro or bazaar at B flag.

lolz---i didnt know people could see that.

Last edited by gmurda33; 02-05-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: bennys a homo
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
KabuKiArcade

KabuKiArcade's Gamercard
Thanks for the calm replies. I understand this is an achievement site but have also seen the threads that devolve into boost/play wars. I have something like 50 unplayed games at home - I love the Battlefield series but with so many other games to play I am also realistic and sense this as an opportunity to shortcut some stuff.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
i have about 50 unplayed games too, but i cant stop playing bf3 :,(
i try to play another game for a bit, but nothing is a good as bf3 anymore. i have come to terms with this, but regardless---good luck in your endeavors

Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
shelbygt5252

shelbygt5252's Gamercard
If you plan on boosting in a rented server you need 4 people minimum in order to launch a ranked game (this was true about 1-2 months ago). It used to be 2 but they patched the new requirement in not too long ago.
shelbygt5252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
KabuKiArcade

KabuKiArcade's Gamercard
Thanks for the info Shelby, that is what I was afraid of. So I might as well just stick to the rented server and get a boost session going. Thanks!!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
jordan1979

I was afraid of this too. I wanted to boost nemesis and squad wipe. Got 'em eventually though, all by rank 30-35. Nemesis is one you can't push if going for legit. It'll get you killed. It'll just pop some night when you're on a roll.

I'm not a very good player at all and just recently I'd killed some guy 9 times in a row.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Do what my friend and I do, we find a game of Conquest on the Armored Kill maps with a low amount of players. One switch teams and then meet up somewhere and take turns working on what you need.

The 2 player start was killed when Aftermath launched I believe.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #11
Slaughter.
GIT GUD

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I would boost for the "Get kills with bla bla bla in one life" achievements
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ZIONZxBLOOD View Post
I would boost for the "Get kills with bla bla bla in one life" achievements
Thatīs so lame, I got all of those cheevos except Jet in one or two tries...

By the way? Why boost something in this game? Itīs ridiculously easy, just unlocking the weapons in DLCīs is little time consuming (5 hours? maximaly 10).
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
Benny34
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
U wont fight me 1v1 mate
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
You won't be able to run lobbies like that, take out a friend and play in some large conquest map with randoms and meet somewhere to do whatever you must do.

However, there's a gamemode for pretty much any ribbon you might need. Knife-, nemesis- and squad wipe ribbons are all simple to get in TDM. Don't know if people play squad rush anymore.. but if they do your chances will be better with comms on a friend.

Appropo, l need to try to get that skid loader myself, l've never even driven it yet..
Eddy FIN is offline   Reply With Quote