PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
This hit PC last month?!

I didn't even realize till I only just randomly checked the GFWL list on here, brilliant surprise as I loved this game on Xbox. Doesn't seem to be on Amazon though and it's 20 on Steam. :l

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yes, it did. lol, I actually posted this in the general games forum, but it got no replies. It seems to be a rather cheap port, but AC on PC? I don't care, I'll take it! Too bad they didn't port the whole series, or release that HD collection. :P
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Yes, it did. lol, I actually posted this in the general games forum, but it got no replies. It seems to be a rather cheap port, but AC on PC? I don't care, I'll take it! Too bad they didn't port the whole series, or release that HD collection. :P

Don't think this game got enough recognition or sold as well as the H.A.W.X. games even though Ace Combat is better imo. It's going to be a bitch to get the multiplayer achievements on this too seeing as probably no ones has a clue it's on GFWL. Brilliant news this though.

A HD Collection would be whoop ass lol.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
This was actually my favourite AC since 4. HD collection for 360 would be killer though.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Don't think this game got enough recognition or sold as well as the H.A.W.X. games even though Ace Combat is better imo. It's going to be a bitch to get the multiplayer achievements on this too seeing as probably no ones has a clue it's on GFWL. Brilliant news this though.

A HD Collection would be whoop ass lol.
It didn't. Although, that being said, I still haven't bought it yet, lol. BF3 took all my time and everything else took all my money. But the demo was quite good! HAWX sucked, though.

Wait, the PC version has achievements? Well now, that's pretty awesome! Too bad I still don't have my account's password, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
This was actually my favourite AC since 4. HD collection for 360 would be killer though.
For what it's worth, you can play the old ones on PC with PCSX2, it's kind of like having HD! lol, not really... Still, once I get a decent graphics card, I want to try that. In the mean time, get on it Project Aces! We demand Mobius One gloriously remastered!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
It didn't. Although, that being said, I still haven't bought it yet, lol. BF3 took all my time and everything else took all my money. But the demo was quite good! HAWX sucked, though.

Wait, the PC version has achievements? Well now, that's pretty awesome! Too bad I still don't have my account's password, lol.
You could buy it for Xbox for under 10 euros now, definitely a solid game if you haven't played it at all. Yeah it's on GFWL so now we can getup to 2000G out of the game which is awesome!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #7
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
For what it's worth, you can play the old ones on PC with PCSX2, it's kind of like having HD! lol, not really... Still, once I get a decent graphics card, I want to try that. In the mean time, get on it Project Aces! We demand Mobius One gloriously remastered!
I thought PS2 emulators were almost entirely CPU dependent? Any kind of slowdown drives me crazy and there's no way I could run them at a decent speed with my laptop. I'm kind of temped now to find a PS2 so then I could return to the Round Table.

Quote:
Don't think this game got enough recognition or sold as well as the H.A.W.X. games even though Ace Combat is better imo.
AH has sold around 1.1 mil on PS360, which isn't terrable. From what I can tell HAWX 2 really tanked, even compared to what it's predecessor sold.

Quote:
HAWX sucked, though.
The saving grace of that game for me was the drop in co-op.

Last edited by Merch; 02-15-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #8
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
You could buy it for Xbox for under 10 euros now, definitely a solid game if you haven't played it at all. Yeah it's on GFWL so now we can getup to 2000G out of the game which is awesome!
I'm definitely gonna have to pick it up sometime! Oh, wow, that's great! I like seeing GFWL games with achievements! I just thought it was another one of those games that used GFWL, but had no achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I thought PS2 emulators were almost entirely CPU dependent? Any kind of slowdown drives me crazy and there's no way I could run them at a decent speed with my laptop. I'm kind of temped now to find a PS2 so then I could return to the Round Table.

AH has sold around 1.1 mil on PS360, which isn't terrable. From what I can tell HAWX 2 really tanked, even compared to what it's predecessor sold.

The saving grace of that game for me was the drop in co-op.
I believe they are, but you still need a decent GPU:

Recommended System requirements
Windows Vista / Windows 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

Not sure how it would run on a laptop, but I've seen PS2s for fairly cheap on Amazon.

That's not bad at all, actually. HAWX 2 has sold about 900,000 copies, so it looks like AC is actually winning in sales. And HAWX 2 is available on more platforms.