Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
The new year rolls on with more new things!

More new awards! For both guides and road maps, we now have 6 tiers, with awards incrementing at 3, 6, 10, 15, 20 and 30. In addition we added 6 new awards for what we think of as micro games. Micro games are the - typically free - games that are available that have fewer than 200 gamerscore available. Many of the free games available for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Kinect Labs fall into this category. For these games, the guides and road maps are typically so small that we decided to create this special group of awards just to track them. Plus hey, new awards! We like that.

I also standardized the naming and descriptions of the awards a bit to make things easier on me and more clear for you.

Here are the new awards for achievement guides:

Platinum (15 guides published)

Emerald (20 guides published)

Diamond (30 guides published)

Here are the new road map awards:

Platinum (15 road maps published)

Emerald (20 road maps published)

Diamond (30 road maps published)

Here are the Micro Guide awards:

Bronze (3 micro guides published)

Silver (6 micro guides published)

Gold (10 micro guides published)

Platinum (15 micro guides published)

Emerald (20 micro guides published)

Diamond (30 micro guides published)

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Nice to see them implemented though I will probably never get those awesome Microguide awards, they look really cool

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Yay for new awards! It's good to see that the guide community has grown so much that we need to make more!

I to doubt I'll ever get the Micro versions, but I'll definitely aim for the Emerald and Diamond ones in the future!

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
All those colors...It's BEAUTIFUL. :')
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So can we write a guide and roadmap for all of the new awards and get credit for a guide and a roadmap?

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
So can we write a guide and roadmap for all of the new awards and get credit for a guide and a roadmap?
Not a bad idea...

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Great to see these awards come into effect. I love the look of the emerald one especially.

One day I hope to make them mine. Before that time comes though I imagine I will need to start completing games before they have two sequels out.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~
HadMatters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
What if we submit or had a guide published pre-micro guide award? What's the story then?

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
What if we submit or had a guide published pre-micro guide award? What's the story then?
As long as you've reached one of the milestones and got published, then you get the award. Just like any other the site offers.

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Ahh so here are the awards I was wondering about. Love them, especially the Platinum one.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
thelox2013

thelox2013's Gamercard
nice awards i be in the next tournament i play halo 4
thelox2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
Taceo

Send a message via MSN to Taceo

taceo's Gamercard
Thanks for the good work..