PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Special Challenges Guide

Hello and welcome to my "Special Challenge Guide". Here I'll tell you information about the "special challenges" as well as tips and tricks to get MVP.

There are so far there have been a total of 3 special challenges each with their own theme and items. Exact names aren't given yet, since names differ from common and premium items. Also, stats aren't given yet for the items.

Special Challenges so far:

Pirate Event: for the warrior - Consists of Pirate gear

Common items - pirate sword, pirate wheel, pirate garb, and pirate hat

Premium items - super premium pirate sword, pirate wheel, pirate garb, and pirate hat

Demon Event: for the mage - Consists of Demon gear

Common items - demon horns, demon tail, demon armor, and demon staff

Premium items - super premium demon horns, demon tails, demon armor, and demon staff.

Jester (Clown) Event: for the cleric - (Current Event) - Consists of Jester gear.

Common items - jester staff, poker shield, jester hat, and jester suit

Premium items - super premium jester suit, jester staff, poker shield, and jester hat

Glitches:

"The 100 Star Roulette Glitch":

Only happened on hard mode and only did this to me around three times. When you lose the hard mode the game only gives you 100 stars in each roulette slot. After around three times the game finally started to give me a different amount of stars and a chance of an item. This hasn't happened to me on easy mode.

"The Frozen World Glitch":

Only happened to me once. Everyone was frozen, except for me, but people could stilll talk. The castle boss was still able to move. I almost beat him and won the game, but he killed me on the turret and we lost the game.

"The 3 Slayers of War Glitch": (Not 100% if this is a glitch)

Often the game will start and three different slayers will spawn even without touching the first tower. (warrior, mage, and cleric slayers) When a person or team goes and takes down more towers no more slayers will spawn.

How to Get MVP:

There are a variety of ways to get MVP in the special challenge. These tips and tricks won't guarantee MVP every game, but they do help.

*Get an item with "Experience Up Lv3" or lower. I have Lv3 for both cleric and warrior, but it's rare to get that specific stat. This also helps to raise your overall level as well. I don't know if Lv1, Lv2, and Lv3 stacks though.

Examples:

You'll get 435 XP for being in the castle when it gets destroyed instead of 300 XP.

For the bonus monster I get a variety of XP gain based on the original amount of XP the monster has. The highest I've gotten was around 1,200 XP for killing it. This explains how people get an insane amount of XP during a special challenge.

How to Win:

It seems like most of the time people that I play with don't understand how the challenges work. Here is some information that might help.

*For every tower that is taken down a slayer will spawn. Usually for the first tower a warrior slayer will spawn. Just avoid the towers and rush to the enemy castle. Works better with a buddy and/or team.

*When you are at the enemies castle always have a cleric with you that has resurrect+ on. People run and try to take apart the enemie's main tower. If you die then the cleric will resurrect you and you can keep on destroying their tower.

*When you are at the enemies castle people can perform a tornado. This will distract the enemies and your team can take down their main tower.

*When a slayer is building a turret let him build it. He'll probably get on it and it would be an easy kill. Be warned though that people will probably steal your kill. (Happened to me two times.)

*NEW* Try to knock slayers off ledges, bridge, and into the ant lion traps.

Prizes:

The prizes for the special challenge are a number of stars (at random) and an item. When you're MVP you'll always get an item and when your not then you get stars or a item at random. There is a high chance of getting the same item multiple times. If you're planning on playing the special challenges a lot don't use happy tickets. I did and I got 3 different items, but eventually I got duplicates of the same items.

*More information to come later. This guide is brought to you from the creator of the "Full House Poker Texas Heat Guide.*

*Insta-Kill Gangstas glitch has been taken out. (credit to DMV)

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 02-14-2013 at 01:54 AM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post

"Insta Kill Gangstas":

This happens only on the current Jester special challenge on easy mode. For some reason the normal enemies (not slayers) can kill you in one hit.
There are a few different teams in the special challenge, such as an all cleric team that doesn't use the Rush ability, they don't one-hit at all, they are still strong though. I know the one-hitter is Charles+, the only mage that uses ice enchant from a distance in the special challenge.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
UnarmedReaper07

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
There are a few different teams in the special challenge, such as an all cleric team that doesn't use the Rush ability, they don't one-hit at all, they are still strong though. I know the one-hitter is Charles+, the only mage that uses ice enchant from a distance in the special challenge.

I guess it's not a glitch then, since I checked the magic attack and it's around 1400. There is another guy name Gio - something that one hits as well. I don't get why normal enemies are stronger then slayers. The castle boss is alright though. Even though the demon queen boss had over 3000 attack.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
DMV

ScorpioXGemini's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
I guess it's not a glitch then, since I checked the magic attack and it's around 1400. There is another guy name Gio - something that one hits as well. I don't get why normal enemies are stronger then slayers. The castle boss is alright though. Even though the demon queen boss had over 3000 attack.
They're probably stronger because we might not expect it. Guess the game wants to surprise us since it's supposed to be a very challenging match. Over 3000? Goodness, and I thought the main issue was with one swing of the sword, I'm unable to block as a warrior.

Nonetheless, great guide you have.
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
UnarmedReaper07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
They're probably stronger because we might not expect it. Guess the game wants to surprise us since it's supposed to be a very challenging match. Over 3000? Goodness, and I thought the main issue was with one swing of the sword, I'm unable to block as a warrior.

Nonetheless, great guide you have.

Thank you very much. I'm just trying to help my fellow Happy Wars players.