Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Being Human

So the American version premiered last night and I have to say that I enjoyed it. I've never seen the British version but I can see some good stuff coming out of this new version (which promises to deviate from the British show greatly as it rolls along).

The only thing I hope is that both the wolf and the ghost (I have no idea of names so far) don't sit and brood all day. The "Oh woe is me" thing is fine to give characters a starting point, but I hope it doesn't last long.

Did anyone else see it? What do you think? How does it stack up to the Brit version?

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
oRedBull

TBS Nuka Cola's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I love the British version, I'm just indulging my ignorance by not even attempting to watch the US version.
Bristol > Detroit _

I'm sure it will be just dandy, though.

Thanks to Nozza x360a
oRedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
rvlution

H0B0 Santiago's Gamercard

Never seen the British version but I love the American version so far. I've always liked Sam Huntingon.
rvlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlution View Post
Never seen the British version but I love the American version so far. I've always liked Sam Huntingon.
Is that the kid from Jungle 2 Jungle?

Anyways, I was planning on watching the new series to see if his acting improved over the years and if I could get hooked into the show but I was too busy playing Halo: Reach.

I guess I'll search for reruns.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the sweet signature!
McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
No Strong Foes
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to No Strong Foes Send a message via Skype™ to No Strong Foes

oPumpkinEscobar's Gamercard
Being from England I feel I must comment. I watched the UK version in it's entirety and happened to catch the premiere of the US version...might I just say the US version wins completely hands down. Definitely seems like less of a sitcom and more of a drama. I guess money does buy you a better product.

And just to retort from my statement here...this formula doesn't always work.

I'm looking at you...The Office...Skins...Shameless.
No Strong Foes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
NinjaKiwiVI

NinjaKiwiVI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I loved the British version, I don't want to ruin it for myself by watching the American version.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #7
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Strong Foes View Post
Being from England I feel I must comment. I watched the UK version in it's entirety and happened to catch the premiere of the US version...might I just say the US version wins completely hands down. Definitely seems like less of a sitcom and more of a drama. I guess money does buy you a better product.

And just to retort from my statement here...this formula doesn't always work.

I'm looking at you...The Office...Skins...Shameless.
There's a great article on yahoo about the shows that were hits/bombs coming over from across the pond. A lot of shows I didn't even know were originally British (like Three's Company and All In the Family, two shows that are now iconic Americana). The amount of shows that failed outweigh the winners of course.

I looked into the Brit Being Human and imo, this cast is at least better looking.

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
oRedBull

TBS Nuka Cola's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Curiosity got the better of me. I just finished watching the first episode of the US version. Hard to comment on how good it is in comparison to the UK version, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thanks to Nozza x360a
oRedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #9
rvlution

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Is that the kid from Jungle 2 Jungle?
Yeah, it is
Old 01-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
THUGGEDOUT

THUGGEDOUT1's Gamercard
Watched the US version last night, which was pretty good. Then watched the first season of the UK version, excellent! Can't wait to watch season two later today...

"Mr. Mojo Rising!! "

THUGGEDOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
THUGGEDOUT

THUGGEDOUT1's Gamercard
I take back what I said about the US version, after seeing the second episode, it blows hard compared to the UK version. Hopefully I get proved wrong, it is only two eps after all but damn the acting was bad...

"Mr. Mojo Rising!! "

THUGGEDOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #12
texameradian

texameradian's Gamercard
I think I am going to take a pass on this. In my personal experience, American adaptations of British television series. They generally tend to be overdone and outlived (The Office and American Idol for example).

"Iron Man is such a hero. Especially when I'm playing him because I'm such a score whore." -- Capn Doug
texameradian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #13
rvlution

I think tonight's episode was my favorite. It just gets better and better. I'm glad there is finally a show I can look forward to every week.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
myjillvalentine

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I saw this and was hoping it was the British version which I must say I love, now the US version...I wanted to die, the Werewolf (George in UK) was never broody and the Ghost (Annie in UK) was trying to find her reason for still remaining as a Ghost.

The final ep of the UK was amazing, it really showed how a TV Series can connect you emotionally to characters.

(SPOILER) R.I.P Mitchell (Aidan in US)

Guides 1: New Vegas Hardcore speedrun: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=300776
myjillvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
rvlution

Tonight's episode was one of my least favorite's but it was still good enough to get me through the week. I love this show.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
Vulger Spartan

Send a message via ICQ to Vulger Spartan

VulgerSpartan's Gamercard
I have to report that I'm the same as pretty much everyone here. I watched the Being Human premiere & thought it was really good.
Then I got Curious about the Original British Version (I'm a Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes Fanatic. So i had an inkling that the US Being Human wasn't gonna be as good as the original UK show)
I Really Think the UK Being Human is Brilliant, The US one needs to find its own Rhythm and go its own way as long as the way it goes isn't Twilight-ish

#WINNING!
Vulger Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I really like this show and am a fan. I was not aware that it originated in England. Im going to have search for it on youtube and compare them. I agree about the whole brooding werewolf though, I can't believe what a pussy he is.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
BlackTitan666

Send a message via AIM to BlackTitan666 Send a message via Skype™ to BlackTitan666

Blacktitan666's Gamercard
I love both of them . only think I didn't like about the uk version was that i did get to see the hole season 1 of it only like the last 2 eps.

BlackTitan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #19
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
Bumping because I need to talk about this show. It's the only live acting show I watch anymore nowadays.

Anyone been catching season 3 so far?
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #20
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Bumping because I need to talk about this show. It's the only live acting show I watch anymore nowadays.

Anyone been catching season 3 so far?
I'm an episode behind atm, but yea
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #21
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I'm an episode behind atm, but yea
I've been rather sloppy with my following too. I always have class or some other event right on top of the run time.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #22
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I caught this series on Netflix a couple years back, was curious about it especially when I recognized Aidan. He was in Season 1 of DEXTER as Neil Perry, though the role only lasted a few episodes. Seeing him in this show compared to that...he really matured ._. he was a scrawny nothing before now he's got some muscle.

I watched part of Season 2, but I got distracted by other stuff so I went elsewhere. I still have this, True Blood Season 5 and Supernatural Season 8 in my backlog...along with the remainder of the first half of Walking Dead Season 3 (and I think it's started up again hasn't it? so the rest of the season as well).

TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I caught this series on Netflix a couple years back, was curious about it especially when I recognized Aidan. He was in Season 1 of DEXTER as Neil Perry, though the role only lasted a few episodes. Seeing him in this show compared to that...he really matured ._. he was a scrawny nothing before now he's got some muscle.

I watched part of Season 2, but I got distracted by other stuff so I went elsewhere. I still have this, True Blood Season 5 and Supernatural Season 8 in my backlog...along with the remainder of the first half of Walking Dead Season 3 (and I think it's started up again hasn't it? so the rest of the season as well).
He was also Doomsday in Smallville and Starkiller in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games. Seems like a pretty cool dude.

And yea, Walking dead is back up and almost over again. Newest season of Supernatural (8 or 9?) should almost be done by now too.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
koax117

KOAX117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post

Yeah, Sam Witwer is one of my favorite actors, as the other lad above said, he was Starkiller.
He was also in The Mist. He's a great actor that I feel needs to break into some more big movies. and hey, with Star Wars being launched into more movies by Disney, maybe he'll get his chance!
koax117 is offline   Reply With Quote