PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > DmC: Devil May Cry
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
I need advice for hard difficulties and sub-boss enemies.

Hi guys, this is my first DMC game and also first game thats "beat em up" or "hack and slash".

I already completed the game once on human diff. which gave me a little trouble but soon I started to understand it and started doing my own "set" of combos and that stuff, but I need help on three types of enemies Im having problem with, which are DREAMRUNNERS, RAGES (ANY RAGE, BUT THE HELL RAGE IS THE WORST) AND WITCHES (I HATE WITCHES!!!).

At the moment Im playing on Son of Sparda but I plan to complete DMD, HoH and HaH (which will probably be "easy" if i beat DMD and get Super Dante, right?)
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
SOS is really easy. DMD will give you a few issues.

Witches-User Aquilla round trip to take out the shield hack them to death repeat

Dreamrunner-Demon evade and trinity smash

Rage-Demon evade-demon pull to knock them down then eryx uppercut.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
Hi guys, this is my first hack and slash game.
Would you also like us to point out some really good hack and slash games for you. Not the best entry to the genre. Ninja gaiden 2(NOT 3),bayonetta, dmc hd and ninja blade are all so cheap. All are around 5-10 bar dmc hd.

And yeah that guy above summed it up well. Just abuse the shit out of devil trigger and trinity smash :3

mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
dkykong

dkykong's Gamercard
For dreamrunners i personally like to parry him when he teleports but demon evade is easier and it adds damage bonus if correctly executed then follow it up wit combinations of rebellion attacks. Keep in mind, the more variety u use the lesser the chance he will counter u breaking ur combo. Use the Arbiter as well as it deals great damage.

For blue rages stun them wit the aquila (LT+B) followed by attacks wit the osiris. Rinse and repeat. For red rages use Arbiter combo of RT+Y,Y,B and follow up wit watever aerial combo u can muster up wit any devil weapon. On the harder difficulties these strategies will be extremely useful because u will either get multiple rages either of the same color or rages of both colors at once. In that case i prefer to kill the red rage 1st because u can stun the blue one wit the aquila while u focus on the red rage.

For Witches, break their shields wit ur aquila throw. Once shield is broken throw another aquila to stun them. Now follow it up with a variety of strong attacks ranging from rebellion attacks or the arbiter. Trinity smash is proly most efficient, jus make sure they are trapped wit the aquila first so they dont fly off during the arbiter combo.

On the harder difficulties u will get a combination of these enemy types in a single wave so it can be overwhelming at times. Just keep these key tips in mind and keep at it and u should prevail. This is my first DMC game as well and i 1000G it in a matter of a few days. It was much easier than i anticipated IMO. Although i assume this is the easiest game by far compared to the others. Anyways, may i suggest Castlevania: Lords of shadow. It is also a really good hack n slash and u dont even have to worry about style points lol. Its really cheap to pick up now and the sequel is due later this year. One of my most anticipated titles of the year. Check it out!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you ever get overwhelmed use Aquilla LT+B to hold of enemies. Works a charm

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
as others have said it's about the weapon use to contain each enemy, for me dreamrunners i just tap Y to parry them when they come out of the teleport, once you get the timing it's really easy, you just then spam Y combos on him.

for witches use Aquilla's blade to take down the shield and then you can just attack her with your sword attack combos.

rages, Aquilla for blue, arbiter for red, when both are in the same room then use Aquilla's blades to keep the blue one busy then use arbiter's jump and B attack to smash the red rage in the air this way you can fire again at the blue rage while the red rage is in the air, just keep these 2 attacks ging all the time.

and of course devil trigger is a must to take out the enemies you have the most problems with.

those little shield guys flying about were more of a pain that the bigger enemies for me.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
RocketHarmony

PakoRawr's Gamercard
Another thing for Dreamrunners if you feel cheap and lazy as me:

Get close to them, when they attack jump and press b so you dow the down slash, then do a quick combo and repeat. It's cheap but easy and doesn't require timing or anything else.

Dream on until Your dreams come true.
Looking to boost: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Injustice, Halo: Reach, Gears Of War Judgment. (Add me: PakoRawr)
RocketHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Sorry to invade the thread but I felt this question was kind of connected, when you die, if you have no golden skull orb - what happen's when you hit game over? Is it a beginning of the level reset?
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
gratchimodo

Grouchymosla's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Sorry to invade the thread but I felt this question was kind of connected, when you die, if you have no golden skull orb - what happen's when you hit game over? Is it a beginning of the level reset?
On higher difficulties or just in general? I'm working on SOS right now and when I die without a golden orb and hit game over it just sends me to the last checkpoint. I think it works that way for the rest of the higher difficulties but I'm not sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
keza132

Keza132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratchimodo View Post
On higher difficulties or just in general? I'm working on SOS right now and when I die without a golden orb and hit game over it just sends me to the last checkpoint. I think it works that way for the rest of the higher difficulties but I'm not sure.
Its the same for the highest difficulties.
keza132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Thanks, that helps alot!
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
RuivoM

RuivoM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkykong View Post
For dreamrunners i personally like to parry him when he teleports but demon evade is easier and it adds damage bonus if correctly executed then follow it up wit combinations of rebellion attacks. Keep in mind, the more variety u use the lesser the chance he will counter u breaking ur combo. Use the Arbiter as well as it deals great damage.

For blue rages stun them wit the aquila (LT+B) followed by attacks wit the osiris. Rinse and repeat. For red rages use Arbiter combo of RT+Y,Y,B and follow up wit watever aerial combo u can muster up wit any devil weapon. On the harder difficulties these strategies will be extremely useful because u will either get multiple rages either of the same color or rages of both colors at once. In that case i prefer to kill the red rage 1st because u can stun the blue one wit the aquila while u focus on the red rage.

For Witches, break their shields wit ur aquila throw. Once shield is broken throw another aquila to stun them. Now follow it up with a variety of strong attacks ranging from rebellion attacks or the arbiter. Trinity smash is proly most efficient, jus make sure they are trapped wit the aquila first so they dont fly off during the arbiter combo.

On the harder difficulties u will get a combination of these enemy types in a single wave so it can be overwhelming at times. Just keep these key tips in mind and keep at it and u should prevail. This is my first DMC game as well and i 1000G it in a matter of a few days. It was much easier than i anticipated IMO. Although i assume this is the easiest game by far compared to the others. Anyways, may i suggest Castlevania: Lords of shadow. It is also a really good hack n slash and u dont even have to worry about style points lol. Its really cheap to pick up now and the sequel is due later this year. One of my most anticipated titles of the year. Check it out!
This. Works like charm. If you are having trouble now you really need to find a good way to beat them and get used to it if you dont want to Get In trouble In your DMD run where you find sometimes 2 witches and 2 or 3 dreamrunners at same time...

Last edited by RuivoM; 02-18-2013 at 06:51 AM.
RuivoM is offline   Reply With Quote