Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
February Jalopnik Car Pack

Quote:
In the depth of winter a light shines in the distance, it’s the February Jalopnik Car Pack. Coming February 5, six new rides for your Forza Horizon garage will be available. If that isn’t enough to warm your heart then what could be?

The February Jalopnik Car Pack will be available for 400 MS Points or, for those who own the Forza Horizon Season Pass, the pack will be available for free. “Forza Horizon” Season Pass owners will also receive the February Season Pass Bonus Car, the 2010 Devon GTX for free. The 1966 Ford Country Squire is free sample car this month for all Xbox LIVE Gold members.

Japan has been producing amazing cars for decades and this month’s cars represent import icons of the past and the latest on and off road entries from the land of the Rising Sun. Couple these JDM gems with the majestic Ferrari 512 TR and the beastly Country Squire and you have one diverse pack to enjoy.

Oh yeah, and check out the awesome trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6WV_SGVWINs

Introducing the cars of the pack.

1970 Nissan Datsun 510
Practicality and appeal have rarely met more successfully than in the Datsun 510 series. Its inspired design is revered among import enthusiasts worldwide. The 510 proved its race chops with off-road and on-track success in the early 1970s, including the 1970 East African Safari Rally and competitive finishes in the U.S. Trans Am series in 1971 and 1972—where it won the under 2,000 cc class. Early on owners built up their 510’s in the image of the race-winning cars which, in part, inspired today’s “Stance” culture.. The 510’s influence is still felt today and, due to its popularity and easy upgradeability, it is rare to find a stock model these days. Build one in Forza Horizon then take to the roads or rally circuit to experience the joy of this JDM icon.

2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So many SUV’s have gone the way of becoming luxurious coaches. Sure, they can go offroad, but that doesn’t mean they look comfortable doing it. Not the FJ Cruiser! It was cast in the mold of its ancestor-- the legendary FJ40 Land Cruiser--with off-road capability at the forefront of its design. The FJ will take you places few other SUVs would dare to tread and it does so in style and comfort. Whether in town or on the highway, it is no lumbering beast. The FJ is well-mannered and its unique retro functional form will always attract attention. Taken off-road its best-in-class ground clearance and mighty approach and departure angles let the FJ articulate its way over most obstacles with ease. It is at home on the trail but is equally welcome to travel about town in rugged grandeur.

2013 Subaru BRZ
As the phenomenally successful collaboration between Subaru and Toyota, the BRZ has been met with widespread critical acclaim and manic consumer demand. This is a classy, adept, and (with much thanks) rear-wheel drive sports car that puts the emphasis on sports. The BRZ is powered by a new Subaru-designed naturally aspirated flat-four that makes 200 horsepower and screams right up to its 7,400 rpm redline. Keeping the overall weight down and distributing that weight as close to the ground as possible were design priorities. The result is a low-slung and well-balanced disposition. Is the BRZ driftable? Absolutely! Can it also corner predictably and inspire confidence? Indubitably. In fact, complementing its potential as a spirited daily driver, the BRZ is ready for the track. According to Subaru, enough trunk space for a set of race wheels and a toolbox was built into the design from the start.

1991 Ferrari 512 TR
Whether you call it the replacement for the Testarossa or simply the next evolution, the 512 TR iterates on one of the Prancing Pony’s most celebrated models. Literally, the 512 TR stands for five-liter, twelve-cylinder Testa Rossa. For 1991 its sculpted curves were enhanced, and the nose and rear valance treatments were updated. The most significant improvement, although not visually apparent, was the lowering of the engine and transmission. Handling, already exceptional, was improved to an even higher standard. For 1991, a 4.9 liter, 180-degree, 12 cylinder with four valves per cylinder delivered increased horsepower for a total output of 421 horsepower for U.S. models. Visually stunning with performance to match, the 512 TR should be a welcome addition to any collection.

1973 Mazda RX-3
The evolution of the Japanese sports car is evident throughout the Mazda RX-3’s history. It is similar in body style to the Nissan Skyline and Toyota Celica of its era, but that is where the similarities end. Mazda’s “Wankel” or rotary motor is a far cry from typical cylinder-driven motors. The internal rotors convert pressure into rotating motion and deliver smooth high-rpm power. For 1973 in the U.S. the RX-3 came with the larger 12A motor that made a healthy 90 horsepower. In a car weighing less than 2,000 pounds, the power-to-weight ratio made the car agile and fairly quick. It could be said the RX-3 is the nemesis of the Skyline, since it won the touring car category of the Japanese Grand Prix in 1972 and prevented the GT-R from winning 50 races in a row. The RX-3 was successful on and off the track placing fifth overall in the 1975 Bathurst 1000 and winning its class two years in a row. The RX-3 remained in production until the design was reconceived as the RX-7.

1966 Ford Country Squire
Emulating the original look and feel of the real woody sedans and wagons of the 1950’s, the 1966 Country Squire was adorned in fiberglass paneling with a vinyl decal printed to simulate wood. This family truckster was standard fare for middle America in its day and was commonly purchased with a rear-facing third seat. It is obviously designed for families and hauling kids around, but its 315 stock horsepower is no slouch in the giddy up department. Weighing in at more than 4,000 lbs., you can really swing your weight around the roads of Horizon’s Colorado. Even though drifting may never have been in the minds of their original owners, there is something special about getting sideways in a Country Squire.

2010 Devon GTX—February Season Pass Bonus Car
The Devon GTX targets those who are willing to pay a premium to drive something unique and exclusive. With a price tag of more than a half-million dollars, exclusivity is guaranteed. As for uniqueness, the GTX certainly has that market cornered. Underneath the gullwing doors and smoothly contoured carbon-fiber body is the core of the Dodge Viper. Devon has massaged 50 more horsepower out of the 8.4 liter V-10 and upgraded the suspension and braking. Performance testing at Laguna Seca resulted in lap times just a shade lower than those set by a Viper ACR. Whether gaining a few tenths of a second per lap (and the ability to make even the most posh heads turn) are worth four times the cost of a standard Viper is a decision most of us will never have to make.

The Forza Horizon February Jalopnik Car Pack will be available Tuesday, February 5. Each car is available for 240 MS Points or you can purchase them as a pack for 400 MS points. We will also be releasing a new run of Community Rivals Mode events to compete in on Tuesday February 5. Pick up the February Jalopnik Car pack, then head over to “Race Central” at the Horizon Festival, select “Rivals” and then go to the “Monthly Rivals” section.
Hate it. This pack is no fun. And it's a pretty shit-tastic thing to put the Subaru in there considering the Scion FRS is already there.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Maka; 02-04-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The vote currently on Facebook has the BRZ with a massive lead in the car most people want to drive.

https://www.facebook.com/questions/530629136959998/

My initial reaction to the BRZ was meh. Only because I think the BRZ/FRS/86 is an overated car in video games (not in real life). It does not bother me that its a semi dupe. People love cars. I love cars. I would prefer the BRZ over the FRS. But I don't think either will hold my attention long.

But when the FRS was added to FM4 plenty of people complained that it should have been the BRZ instead. So the devs have gone out and got a very sought after car and the Facebook poll justifies them doing so (albeit with a relatively small sample size at the moment but the lead is quite overwhelming).

FJ Cruiser love it.

RX3 love it.

Datsun 510 - if it can find a class it will rock.

Country Squire - the muck around fun car of the pack.

Ferrari - in FM4 this car is meh to me. Too heavy to be much use. But in Horizon it seems for some events a little extra weight combined with the extra HP that comes with it is a useful combo.

Devon - whats not to love about a creative use of the Viper internals.

Last edited by SatNiteEduardo; 02-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
Aiden 514

Aiden 514's Gamercard

The FJ cruiser looks stupid.

If you send a friend request, please send a message saying you're from here
Aiden 514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I only really race online these days. Can't remember the last time I just drove around in a new car for the enjoyment rather than for the sake of online wins, and because of that I can't see anything here that excites me really.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
I only really race online these days. Can't remember the last time I just drove around in a new car for the enjoyment rather than for the sake of online wins, and because of that I can't see anything here that excites me really.
Datsun 510 or RX3 are strong possibilities around about B class.

Ferrari in a higher class for the higher speed street race courses.

BRZ in B class should be a decent alternate car.

Devon should be as competitive as the ACR Viper.

The other 2 are just for fun vehicles.

I guess it all depends if you want ultra dominant cars or alternatives.

I predict the RX3 may be a leaderboard car.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Well, I could really do with a new B class for MP. Seems to be the only class I consistently lose in.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Does anyone play or enjoy this game anymore? I'm starting to basically hate it honestly, and don't think Turn10 and/or playground games fulfilled their commitment to Seasons Pass holders with any good content.

I basically log in for an hour a month just to download 1 (maybe 2) car(s) from the pack and turn it off again. It's really boring after you beat it.

Anyways, all I've been doing is making ridiculous cars, and driving them around, there's no fun to be had after a certain point unless the things you do are really out of control...

Just about ready to throw this game into abyss, but made a quick video which what I feel is the only possible way to try and redeem any fun out of the money you spent on the Season Pass.

I present to you, the 1040 HP Station Wagon:
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Does anyone play or enjoy this game anymore? I'm starting to basically hate it honestly, and don't think Turn10 and/or playground games fulfilled their commitment to Seasons Pass holders with any good content.

I basically log in for an hour a month just to download 1 (maybe 2) car(s) from the pack and turn it off again. It's really boring after you beat it.

Anyways, all I've been doing is making ridiculous cars, and driving them around, there's no fun to be had after a certain point unless the things you do are really out of control...

Just about ready to throw this game into abyss, but made a quick video which what I feel is the only possible way to try and redeem any fun out of the money you spent on the Season Pass.
Yes I enjoy the game still.

Rivals both monthly and permanent, online and free roam.

And street races to make money for the next dlc.

Online is the main enjoyment with the exception of the people who cause crashes. ie not the crashers themselves but those who have no idea of where to brake and not to brake.

I have had people brake in front of me when there is no need to brake.

But yes I still enjoy the game and am happy with the Season Pass.

My only issue is that for the lower class cars there are no events that they are suited to.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
APX

Send a message via AIM to APX

SnA Lord APX's Gamercard

If I did get a pack for this game, i wouldnt yet, the only appealing car is the Datsun, it is a 'legend' car for the racer fans, would love to see some gameplay of that.

SnA - Shock n Awe.
Game Battles: 52-0 overall on BC2, Undefeated.
Taking over Battlefield on Consoles since Modern Combat.

Best knife user in the Battlefield Series, just try it.
APX is offline   Reply With Quote