Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #61
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Damn, really? I didn't play Fallout: NV until last March so maybe it was super patched by then, but I don't remember many, or really any, glitches at all.

Skyrim was glitchy in the sense that certain Miscellaneous Quests wouldn't go away after I had done 'em but that's about it.

Maybe I'm lucky?
When it comes to Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, not getting glitches is pretty lucky. With Skyrim the only glitch I got was the backwards flying dragon, and I intentionally loaded up the game during the time that glitch was going on just so I could see it in my game.

New Vegas launch week was fucking horrendous. It was barely playable in any sense of the word.

Oblivion would randomly lock up. Most recent saves files would sometimes vanish. Falling through environments. Quests randomly becoming uncompletable. I was so fucking glad to have that 1250 over. lol
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #62
Dylaan

YOUNGY xo's Gamercard
I honestly don't know what "game-ruining" glitches you guys are talking about. I've completed Fallout 3 atleast half a dozen times, including all DLC and side quests, and Fallout: NV 4-5 times including DLC once. Only 1 quest glitched that I couldn't complete, which was in NV. I would say I'm one of the lucky few, but then my brother who plays on PC had very little problems that I know of either...
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #63
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I never had any issues with Bethesda games that have ruined my gaming experience. Yes, there are some game freezing problems but that's all I've really struggled with. The main issue for me is the lack of variety of voice actors. Damn do I get fed up of hearing the same half a dozen people all the time. Not hard to change your voice.Beck, they should employ my brother, he can do loads of voices and mimic people too. Otherwise, so long as Fallout 4 comes out for 360, ll be happy.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #64
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I'd love a Fallout on a Skyrim engine so much I wouldn't want to wait for the next generation. That wouldn pretty much be the highlight of the gaming year for me. So yes, bring it out!

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #65
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
I'd love a Fallout on a Skyrim engine so much I wouldn't want to wait for the next generation. That wouldn pretty much be the highlight of the gaming year for me. So yes, bring it out!
So...the same engine but slightly better looking with just as many issues? Yeah...that DOES sound pretty great...
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #66
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
When it comes to Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, not getting glitches is pretty lucky. With Skyrim the only glitch I got was the backwards flying dragon, and I intentionally loaded up the game during the time that glitch was going on just so I could see it in my game.

New Vegas launch week was fucking horrendous. It was barely playable in any sense of the word.

Oblivion would randomly lock up. Most recent saves files would sometimes vanish. Falling through environments. Quests randomly becoming uncompletable. I was so fucking glad to have that 1250 over. lol
Only Bethesda game I didn't see a glitch in was Oblivion.

Last edited by Spade.; 02-15-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #67
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Bethesda started going downhill after Morrowind. Game was fantastic, but everything since is a hand holding casual gamers dream of an rpg. They continue to dumb down everything because they make more money off the casual crowd. Im sure you Morrowind fans will agree with me. Aside from the awful combat system they had...nothing else has really been an improvement. (not counting the obvious graphical upgrades)
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #68
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
So...the same engine but slightly better looking with just as many issues? Yeah...that DOES sound pretty great...
I really didn't have anything game breaking, just minor issues when playing Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim, so yeah, it sounds good to me.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #69
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
I really didn't have anything game breaking, just minor issues when playing Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim, so yeah, it sounds good to me.
The problems with Bethesda stretch far beyond glitches and game breaking bugs.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #70
Spade.
A La Rev

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
If it makes you happy Gackt, I hated Fallout 3.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #71
YiazmatXII

YiazmatXII's Gamercard
To be fair to Bethesda... All games these days have glitches and bugs.... ALL!!

Gone are the days when you could stick your game in and play with no problems at all.

Games are FAR TOO COMPLEX these days, so they are bound to be broken to some extent.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #72
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
I would buy a next gen console solely to play Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls 6

Its happened before, I only bought an XBOX initially to play KOTOR

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #73
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
If it makes you happy Gackt, I hated Fallout 3.
You've a special place in my heart forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post

Gone are the days when you could stick your game in and play with no problems at all.

Games are FAR TOO COMPLEX these days, so they are bound to be broken to some extent.
Some glitchiness and bugs are to be expected, but not on the level of Bethesda developed games. Main quests that prevent you from progressing? Unacceptable. They cut enough corners and dumb down the game so much it's basically a copy paste from the previous game with a few slight tweaks...since they skip out on hiring decent animators, voice actors, writers, they should be able to afford better and or more play testers.

But that is just 1 of the many things wrong with Bethesda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackest Metal View Post
I would buy a next gen console solely to play Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls 6

Its happened before, I only bought an XBOX initially to play KOTOR
A cliff, fall off one.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #74
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post

In that case Bethesda go above and beyond the norm, their engine is atrocious when it comes to glitches and bugs.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #75
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
A cliff, fall off one.
Lol, quite the insult.

Although I do think it's pretty stupid to base your purchase of a new console around one game only - but then again, [he] was probably just hyperbolizing.

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #76
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Some glitchiness and bugs are to be expected, but not on the level of Bethesda developed games. Main quests that prevent you from progressing? Unacceptable.
I was pro-Bethesda up until Skyrim. I can handle NPC's clipping through walls while having a conversation and even having to exit and re-enter dungeons to have a mission critical item spawn but not being able to finish main quests is something that should have been picked up by at the very least, the office janitor during testing.

So until further notice I will be joining the Gackt revolution
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #77
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I was pro-Bethesda up until Skyrim. I can handle NPC's clipping through walls while having a conversation and even having to exit and re-enter dungeons to have a mission critical item spawn but not being able to finish main quests is something that should have been picked up by at the very least, the office janitor during testing.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #78
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post

Nooo don't go to the darkside!

I'm going to start a petition that a character in the next Fallout game be named after Gackt! Tha will surely sway him.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #79
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Nooo don't go to the darkside!

I'm going to start a petition that a character in the next Fallout game be named after Gackt! Tha will surely sway him.
Sway me into burning their studio down...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #80
Gamerdude5448

Dr gore's Gamercard
Quote:
Sway me into burning their studio down...
No need to be so dramatic. I also don't really even understand where your hate is coming from. Bethesda makes good games, if they weren't good to some degree, then no one would buy them.

Gamerdude5448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #81
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdude5448 View Post
No need to be so dramatic. I also don't really even understand where your hate is coming from. Bethesda makes good games, if they weren't good to some degree, then no one would buy them.
Call of Duty....

Everyone likes some games over others. You can't argue someone's opinion.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #82
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdude5448 View Post
Bethesda used to make good games, but that stopped once Oblivion arrived. Did you play Morrowind by chance? Great game...know what they did for a sequel? Dumbed it down as far as they could. Know what they did with Skyrim? Dumbed it down even further. They have game breaking bugs, even in beta tested DLC, they still don't have a good animations which has been a problem for them since they started. They take shortcuts, having 10 people voice everyone in the entire game...and dialog is just poorly written.
There is no freedom...sure you can explore but now you can find areas you can't go yet because it's quest related...that breaks immersion. Countless unkillable NPC's...break immersion. You can't fail quests, you get to retry anything and everything as many times as you want...there are no consequences to any of your actions. In morrowind there were different things people would say to you based off what you've accomplished, factions would like or despise you depending on what youve done and for whom.
Morrowind gives you magic, gives you the ability to create just about any type of combination so spells and tweak them to your liking. Oblivion removes most of it, Skyrim takes custom magic away completely.
Morrowind let you equip clothing under armor, more armor pieces...Oblivion reduced that and removed clothing under armor...Skyrim reduced it even further.
In morrowind, you had to look at your journal...get info from people...find out where to go, it's been replaced with a quest marker that tells you where to go 100% of the time for every god damn mission.
The one thing they improved on is removing the chance to hit crap but you still got some real generic dull poorly animated combat.
I could go on about how they insist on destroying The Elder Scrolls but it would be the length of a book.

Now on to where my real hatred for them comes from. Fallout 3.
But Gackt, what is there to hate...it's such a great game. Wrong. It is infact Oblivion...with different skins and textures. It suffers from all the issues Oblivion had.
But more importantly...it took my favorite game series of all time, and turned it into an elder scrolls clone. Do you know why people buy those games? Why they appear to be successful? Because the majority of gamers these days are casual gamers...they need the hand holding...they need to dumbed down games. So features get removed that might be a little too complex for them...and before you know it you've got a overrated generic piece of shit game. I could live with this had they not done it to the Fallout Series...but they did.

Fallout offered FULL freedom to do whatever you wanted, kill whoever you want...women, children, rad scorpions, it didn't matter...if it breathed...you could kill it, even if they were important story related characters. You played the game the way you wanted, you went where you wanted, you worked for who you wanted and you did whatever the hell you wanted.

Lets talk about freedom in Fallout 3... there is none. You can't kill certain NPC's, you can't kill the annoying ass children, you have to do what they want you to do when they want you to do it.

Fallout required strategy in battles, fun turn based combat.

Bethesda turned it into a shooter with a tacked on half assed version of VATS.

Fallout had a specific dark humor to it, that Bethesda so miserably failed to replicate.

I am tired of seeing good series destroyed so greedy developers and publishers can make money. I hope every one of them there lose the jobs one day, I wish nothing but the worst for the people who made the decision to take Fallout away from Black Isle. They destroyed a classic series and everyone just eats it up and praises the shit out of them for it. Not me.

Fuck them, and the casual gamer crowd. I hate you.

There are plenty of more reasons but again, it would be a rather lengthy thing for me to point out each and every little thing.

Last edited by Gackt; 02-19-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #83
Raesvelgr

Quote:
Snip.

Last edited by Raesvelgr; 02-19-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Raesvelgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #84
BiggD
Halo: MCC - 120 Days Left

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Bethesda - Oblivion - Fallout Rant
How did you stomach making my signature?! I am...so...sorry, Gackt. Don't hate every casual gamer though <3

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #85
Spade.
A La Rev

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Morrowind gives you magic, gives you the ability to create just about any type of combination so spells and tweak them to your liking. Oblivion removes most of it, Skyrim takes custom magic away completely.
I think Oblivion is the only Bethesda game I've yet to like, I've put a LOT of time into it, before I even had Live, but I know there was a LOT of magic customization in that game. Unless... there was even more in Morrowind? Haven't played it.

*Plz dun kil meh*
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #86
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratify View Post
I think Oblivion is the only Bethesda game I've yet to like, I've put a LOT of time into it, before I even had Live, but I know there was a LOT of magic customization in that game. Unless... there was even more in Morrowind? Haven't played it.

*Plz dun kil meh*
lol yes, Oblivion limited what you could create by quite a bit in comparison to Morrowind.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #87
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Oh man, that rant.

Fallout 3 is a game I never got into for a few reasons most notably the story, I just didn't "get it" and it seemed bland. I watched a bit of a New Vegas playthrough and found the story in that to be better.

On a different tangent, I did download Fallout 1 recently because it was free on GOG and no idea why so many people knock it and only think of Fallout 3 as the first game.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #88
AthanatosHD

athanatos hd's Gamercard
NO we know the Xbox and ps3 will sell there is no other competition and if there was it still would sell....there is over a billion accounts on Xbox am sure it will sell....and I think it will be for next gen (I hope i love fallout and it will be great to see it in amazing graphics) reason being Tom Howard (lead designer of Bethesda something like that) said they was going to wait to make skyrim for the next gen but they made it for this gen because they felt like they wanted to try new things with this Xbox.....so it would make sense for they to try new things with the new Xbox right? well what better time to do that than with the new fallout.... also with the ridiculous load times in NV they will want to cut that down and they need more power to do that and the new power is in the new gen also Bethesda will always want to make better and bigger and more detailed maps and to do that they need more power.....so that's why I think it will be on the next gen.Another reason I would like it to is I would like to have fallout as one of my first games on this new Xbox I am a massive fan of Bethesda and like all there work.
AthanatosHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #89
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Oh man, that rant.

Fallout 3 is a game I never got into for a few reasons most notably the story, I just didn't "get it" and it seemed bland. I watched a bit of a New Vegas playthrough and found the story in that to be better.

On a different tangent, I did download Fallout 1 recently because it was free on GOG and no idea why so many people knock it and only think of Fallout 3 as the first game.
If you get through 1, I recommend playing 2. Both are great but I really liked 2 over 1.
If you happen to run into any issues, there is a site called No Mutants Allowed and they have a bunch of fixes and improvements for the original fallout games. I hope you didn't get a version of the game with no children, I know the UK version they removed children. You've not lived until you've become a child killer in Fallout
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #90
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Either way I'm buying it.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote